Reasons why Rebecca WILL win

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
Forum Member
Its totally set up. Feel free to add your evidence/theories on why the producers of this years show are 100% gearing Rebecca to win the show this year:

* Whoever wins will be an advert for the show in the US. Matt's style has been seen time and time again on American Idol. Rebecca's style might not be everyones cup of tea but it will represent the X Factor as a show that finds someone "different" and "current".

* Her "lack of confidence" has been a running theme from the start, and despite what they've said, they do want someone with a 'story' - when selling the show to viewers in America, it sounds more interesting than Matt, who is incredibly talented but hasnt had as much of a 'journey'.

* To justify Cheryl being hired on the US X Factor - she will have won 3 years in a row.

* Controversial characters never win. Running theme in previous winners Joe, Alex, Leon, Leona, Steve (before he got dropped) and Shayne - inoffensive, grateful and quiet throughout the process. Matt's comments on Wagner and Katie, reports of Cher's tantrum with Cheryl and general ungrateful attitude are notoriously signs of a contestants eventual downfall. Rebecca has managed to stay out of the papers, and get unique comments from judges on her 'genuine' 'what you see is what you get' personality.

* Rebecca sang "A Change is gonna come" in her audition - Everyone always looks back to the winners audition after they have won, and again : Re American Factor, I this song in particular is really significant for the US (being almost a theme song to Obama's inauguaration). I feel its like an omen that she sang this... or rather, good marketing, as its an advert for the show when the Americans will be Youtube-ing .

* Even if the show is not fixed... Liverpool will not let history repeat. Ray came runner-up to Leona 4 years ago. I predict the support will be phenomenal from surrounding areas this time to ensure they win this time!

* I have taken One Direction out of the equation. I believe the reason they will not win is as mentioned above, this years winner is very important as they will be an 'advert' for the show in the US next year. For whatever reason, argue as you like, boybands are NOT popular anymore in the US; Many boybands including Westlife have notoriously tried and failed to crack the US. They are just not 'in'. They are seen as dated. 1D will have massive success in the UK, but I believe they are not the ideal faces of the show for Simon, this year.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, interesting post. I am not sure I buy all of your points as I don't really buy into the stellar manipulation by Syco (I tend to view it as rather lazy management) but some points do make some very sound sense. Well done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely a thought provoking thread, but I just don't buy it.

Just don't believe Rachel will win this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's kinda by process of elimination

Cher has been bottom two twice, very controversial, Syco wouldn't know what to do with a "rapper". No chance.
    Matt is Dannii's act, no way will Dannii win. Plus the last four male winners have flopped (even Shayne with his new stuff), what makes Matt different? No chance.
    One Direction probably stand a chance due to a group never having won the show before and the fact they're Simon's act (he hasn't won since Leona) but if the winner is really an advert for the US they don't stand a chance either.

Leaving Rebecca. Safe, original, talented, down to earth, generally well liked, female (Leona and Alex have been the only success stories) and also the beloved Cheryl's act.
  • Lord XenuLord Xenu Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Old.Tallen wrote: »

No, she won't. There's never been a Rachel in the final :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Lord Xenu wrote: »
    No, she won't. There's never been a Rachel in the final :)

LOL true. Who's Rachel?
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natec wrote: »
    Its totally set up. Feel free to add your evidence/theories on why the producers of this years show are 100% gearing Rebecca to win the show this year:

* Whoever wins will be an advert for the show in the US. Matt's style has been seen time and time again on American Idol. Rebecca's style might not be everyones cup of tea but it will represent the X Factor as a show that finds someone "different" and "current".

* Her "lack of confidence" has been a running theme from the start, and despite what they've said, they do want someone with a 'story' - when selling the show to viewers in America, it sounds more interesting than Matt, who is incredibly talented but hasnt had as much of a 'journey'.

* To justify Cheryl being hired on the US X Factor - she will have won 3 years in a row.

* Controversial characters never win. Running theme in previous winners Joe, Alex, Leon, Leona, Steve (before he got dropped) and Shayne - inoffensive, grateful and quiet throughout the process. Matt's comments on Wagner and Katie, reports of Cher's tantrum with Cheryl and general ungrateful attitude are notoriously signs of a contestants eventual downfall. Rebecca has managed to stay out of the papers, and get unique comments from judges on her 'genuine' 'what you see is what you get' personality.

* Rebecca sang "A Change is gonna come" in her audition - Everyone always looks back to the winners audition after they have won, and again : Re American Factor, I this song in particular is really significant for the US (being almost a theme song to Obama's inauguaration). I feel its like an omen that she sang this... or rather, good marketing, as its an advert for the show when the Americans will be Youtube-ing .

* Even if the show is not fixed... Liverpool will not let history repeat. Ray came runner-up to Leona 4 years ago. I predict the support will be phenomenal from surrounding areas this time to ensure they win this time!

* I have taken One Direction out of the equation. I believe the reason they will not win is as mentioned above, this years winner is very important as they will be an 'advert' for the show in the US next year. For whatever reason, argue as you like, boybands are NOT popular anymore in the US; Many boybands including Westlife have notoriously tried and failed to crack the US. They are just not 'in'. They are seen as dated. 1D will have massive success in the UK, but I believe they are not the ideal faces of the show for Simon, this year.

I think you are completely wrong on this, and the main reason Simon wants them to win is because the teen market is the biggest thing in the U.S at the moment, what with Justin Bieber. All he needs to show them is a video of the 1D fans screaming, fainting and all hysterical and he would be able to prove that X factor can produce winners who can match the Justin Bieber hysteria.

Rebecca is very good, but nothing new to America, they have millions of better singers. Apart from that, they are aware that Leona is a product of the X factor, so they are already aware of the fact that the show can produce great singers.

Also with Joe not setting the charts alight at the moment, Simon desperately needs to show them that the show can produce winners that will sell once the show is over, he's got that with the 1D boys, they are a marketing dream.

Finally I think it will be either Matt or Rebecca that will battle it out with 1D, it will not be between Matt and Rebecca .
  • bunnyintheboxbunnyinthebox Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    I think you are completely wrong on this, and the main reason Simon wants them to win is because the teen market is the biggest thing in the U.S at the moment, what with Justin Bieber. All he needs to show them is a video of the 1D fans screaming, fainting and all hysterical and he would be able to prove that X factor can produce winners who can match the Justin Bieber hysteria.

Rebecca is very good, but nothing new to America, they have millions of better singers. Apart from that, they are aware that Leona is a product of the X factor, so they are already aware of the fact that the show can produce great singers.

Also with Joe not setting the charts alight at the moment, Simon desperately needs to show them that the show can produce winners that will sell once the show is over, he's got that with the 1D boys, they are a marketing dream.

Finally I think it will be either Matt or Rebecca that will battle it out with 1D, it will not be between Matt and Rebecca .

Good points but I think that Rebecca or Matt will win, and it will be nothing to do with what Simon Cowell wants (1D to win).

I think Rebecca or Matt will win based on their own efforts & ability as I dont see that either of them has been given any so called 'chosen one' treatment in the show. Their mentoring has been average at best and IMO these two have deserved all the positive comments from the judges.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Rebecca will win because she is lovely, she is the most talented contestant left and the nicest contestant left. Mary is backing her too!

However Simon will still invest far more money and effort into Cher and 1 Direction - showing his usual contempt for the public!
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Rebecca can win, but I'm really concerned about this duet. I think having a memorable celebrity duet performance will pretty much make or break you in the final, and I just can't see who she could perform with that will have that big an impact.

Just to illustrate my point:
    In 2007, Leon gets Kylie Minogue, a massive name star. Rhydian gets Katherine Jenkins a niche artist, Same Difference get Jason Donovan - a 90's has-bean if we're being honest.

In 2008, Alexandra gets Beyoncé, a world renowned star. JLS get Take That, a big name, but not in the same league as Beyoncé. Eoghan gets Westlife.

In 2009, Joe gets George Michael, Olly gets Robbie, Stacey gets Michael Buble. George Michael is a huge name draw, Michael Buble is in my opinion only half as popular because XF trod him out every year, Robbie is a big-ish name, but there's no buzz because he's already appeared on XF that year with sizable hype.

Who can Rebecca really get who can help her? :(
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Rebecca will win because she is lovely, she is the most talented contestant left and the nicest contestant left. Mary is backing her too!

However Simon will still invest far more money and effort into Cher and 1 Direction - showing his usual contempt for the public!

REbecca is lovely however I don't think she will win though; she has a nice voice and sings the songs she has sung on Xfactor reasonably well. mHowever I don't see Rebecca in the same league as being in the same league as Leona and Alex;)
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Definitely a thought provoking thread, but I just don't buy it.

Why do some people seem to confuse the names Rebecca and Rachel? I find it very odd (Even moreso since they're my sisters' names :p)
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there's any part of the show that isn't fixed it's the final vote.
    Now that they've kicked Mary out, whoever wins is a cash cow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No offence to Rebecca, She's a nice girl but i wouldn't describe her as "different" and "current".
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donbon wrote: »
    No offence to Rebecca, She's a nice girl but i wouldn't describe her as "different" and "current".

I actually know what you mean in regards to her being current. The soul diva thing came and went 3 years ago. As sickening as it is to say, Cher is probably the best suited to modern trends.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good points, OP.
    Rebecca in my opinion is quite similar to Diana in her specific way of singing (except she's definitely less annoying than Diana Vickers and a lot more likeable)... but her voice doesn't appeal to everyone. Me and my family watch it every week, and some weeks we like her songs, some weeks we just get bored of the repetitiveness. I personally love her voice, but would probably get tired of it after listening to 3-4 songs in a row by her (hence I can't imagine myself ever buying a "Rebecca" album, though I might buy individual songs by her). But like you said, she's very sweet and likeable (though doesnt have the fun personality that Alexandra had) - which I think results in fewer 'girls' voting for her as 'young girls' usually like to vote for people they can 'connect' with... and when you don't know much about a contestant, it's hard to connect with them.

Matt's voice is a lot more appealing to a broader audience. He's the most talented finalist (in my opinion) and could do really well (think he's more interesting than say... Joe or Leon!)

One Direction will come second, I think. Though I'd like them to win :)

Cher's just got no chance of winning - BUT that's not to say she has no chance of having a music career. I think she'll actually be the first person to get a record contract (apart from the winner of course) after the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rebecca will win because she DESERVES it based on talent alone. All the points that OP said above are just another excuse to say that the show is fixed (or insecurities of OP's favourite of not winning). She has an incredible voice, nice tone, humble attitude, the looks, style -- I could go on and on -- bottom line -- she deserves to win, although I kinda don't want to since Syco doesn't have a good history of being able to manage an artist properly apart from Leona.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Sam4God wrote: »
    Very good points, OP.
    Rebecca in my opinion is quite similar to Diana in her specific way of singing (except she's definitely less annoying than Diana Vickers and a lot more likeable)... but her voice doesn't appeal to everyone. Me and my family watch it every week, and some weeks we like her songs, some weeks we just get bored of the repetitiveness. I personally love her voice, but would probably get tired of it after listening to 3-4 songs in a row by her (hence I can't imagine myself ever buying a "Rebecca" album, though I might buy individual songs by her). But like you said, she's very sweet and likeable (though doesnt have the fun personality that Alexandra had) - which I think results in fewer 'girls' voting for her as 'young girls' usually like to vote for people they can 'connect' with... and when you don't know much about a contestant, it's hard to connect with them.

Matt's voice is a lot more appealing to a broader audience. He's the most talented finalist (in my opinion) and could do really well (think he's more interesting than say... Joe or Leon!)

One Direction will come second, I think. Though I'd like them to win :)

Cher's just got no chance of winning - BUT that's not to say she has no chance of having a music career. I think she'll actually be the first person to get a record contract (apart from the winner of course) after the show.

I think Rebecca's voice is natural, whereas Diana's voice was affected. Rebecca is a MUCH better singer than Diana, but her voice still irritates me sometimes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    brussels wrote: »
    All the points that OP said above are just another excuse to say that the show is fixed (or insecurities of OP's favourite of not winning).

Sorry to disappoint you, but no - I would love to see Rebecca win. Actually this year I love all three of Matt, Rebecca and 1D.

And I also have money on Rebecca to win.
  • wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    I actually think the winner will depend how they perform on the night.Matt and Rebecca have their core vote but in the wider world there seems to me to be a lot of people who like "Matt and Rebecca" as if they come together as a set. These are the people who only vote in the final and they will, I think decide it, depending on who performs best on the night - much of which may depend on how fit they are - if Matt recovers and Becca stays healthy it will be interesting. If Matt's voice is as effected as last week Rebecca has it. I think 1D will be second to either of these 2 as I think there will be a lot of movement in votes if one goes out but I think the multi voting teenies will keep 1D in the top 2
  • SandraMcSandraMc Posts: 416
    Forum Member

Interesting theory but the only reason Cheryl keeps 'winning' is because they always give her the best category! I'd like to see her try and win if she was given the over 28 category, or even the groups to some extent. She gets an easy ride every year which makes her look better than she is!
  • Mr_X_123Mr_X_123 Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One direction will win I think.

They have bridged the teenage girl and middle aged women wanting some to mother markets.

The two biggest for X Factor votes.
  • SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I really hope Rebecca can win, but I'm really concerned about this duet. I think having a memorable celebrity duet performance will pretty much make or break you in the final, and I just can't see who she could perform with that will have that big an impact.

Just to illustrate my point:
    In 2007, Leon gets Kylie Minogue, a massive name star. Rhydian gets Katherine Jenkins a niche artist, Same Difference get Jason Donovan - a 90's has-bean if we're being honest.

In 2008, Alexandra gets Beyoncé, a world renowned star. JLS get Take That, a big name, but not in the same league as Beyoncé. Eoghan gets Westlife.

In 2009, Joe gets George Michael, Olly gets Robbie, Stacey gets Michael Buble. George Michael is a huge name draw, Michael Buble is in my opinion only half as popular because XF trod him out every year, Robbie is a big-ish name, but there's no buzz because he's already appeared on XF that year with sizable hype.

Who can Rebecca really get who can help her? :(
    JLS had Westlife. Eoghan had Boyzone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only reason Rebecca will win is because she is Cheryls act, and they are fixing it for beloved cheryl to win again. No way will they let Dannii win.

Rebecca is very boring and in my opinion doesnt deserve to win. she has done the same thing every week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »

(

JLS actually got Westlife and Eoghan got Boyzone. :eek:

They might as well not have even shown up, Alexandra had it in the bag the minute Beyonce was announced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baby Girl wrote: »
    The only reason Rebecca will win is because she is Cheryls act, and they are fixing it for beloved cheryl to win again. No way will they let Dannii win.

Rebecca is very boring and in my opinion doesnt deserve to win. she has done the same thing every week.

Sure, even after an uptempo dance track, soul/rock, jazz number, ballads, acapella -- still, same thing every week :rolleyes::rolleyes: