James Otto (My most favorite singer)

Comments

• crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never mean to get on the nerves of other people. I just want people to know that at least one person online wishes them well...no matter how badly we may disagree on whatever it is that we are talking about. In my opinion, this world couldn't be in more need of the Lord anyways when its one thing after another that we hear about in the news, but of course that is just me. :(:(:(

You really are a sweetheart! :D Lovely message. :)
  • SweetHeartHollySweetHeartHolly Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Thank you! James is actually where my choice of a forum name here came from. I wrote to him at My Space on the day after Thanksgiving five years ago about something I thought that I should tell him and the first thing said in the message from him that I got in return was "Holly, don't worry sweet heart..." :):):)

God bless you and him always!!! :):):)

Holly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go here and here to check out two newer songs from James named "Pictures Of Paradise" and "Watching The Paint Dry". :):):)

Holly

P.S. The second clip is from seven days ago. :):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go here for a new write up on James!

Holly
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    54 posts in this thread, 39 by one person and most of the others asking if this is spam.

This is more of a monologue than a chat!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ If I were a real spam person, I never would've taken the time to contribute to 197 other chats at this forum. :):):)

God bless you and James always!!! :):):)

Holly

P.S. A real spam person also starts numerous chats about the same subject. This is the only chat here that I have about my favorite singer because to me one is all that I think that this forum really needs. :):):)
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    But nobody's chatting, Holly. Nobody's interested.

Maybe there's an American forum somewhere, where this kind of music would be better received :)
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you start an appreciation thread instead?

Then it can be ignored in the place it is meant to be!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ What is the difference between that kind of chat and this one, besides where you think it should've been placed that is?
    Electra wrote: »
    But nobody's chatting, Holly. Nobody's interested.
    How would messages 44-52 of this chat be labeled then?

God bless you two and James always!!! :):):)

Holly
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    ^^^ What is the difference between that kind of chat and this one, besides where you think it should've been placed that is?

How would messages 44-52 of this chat be labeled then?

God bless you two and James always!!! :):):)

Holly

God doesn't exist. I'm an atheist. Keep your 'blessings' for someone else. I don't want them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ That is a two way street that you are walking when saying such a thing to anyone.

God bless you always!!! :):):)

Holly

P.S. If you are not going to keep what you want to say to yourself, what gives you the right to ask anyone else to?
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a discussion thread about Little Mix on the Reality TV/X Factor section which has a lot posts from mainly LM fans, some of whom are from the US. There is a lot of healthy discussion about the group. So it is possible to run a 'fan' thread outside the appreciation section.

On the other hand a thread like this might work better if it were expanded to cover other less well known country stars like Brooks and Dunn, Diamond Rio or Casey James?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Brooks & Dunn and Diamond Rio have both been on the radio since 1991, so to me, less well known acts is not how I would describe either one of them.

God bless you and them always!!! :):):)

Holly
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^ Brooks & Dunn and Diamond Rio have both been on the radio since 1991, so to me, less well known acts is not how I would describe either one of them.

Holly

Yeah but I only heard them a few years ago after my daughter visited Tennessee, believe it or not? They were only examples I had heard of, there must be other new country artists.
    As I said before it might be that the tv series 'Nashville' raises the profile of C/W in the UK but not much sign yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ To me, Brooks & Dunn and Diamond Rio are the best country duo and band. :):):)

Holly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are you Holly? :) Which album should I download? I'll come back to tell you what I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Hey! I am doing well! Of the three albums that are available so far from James, I would start with his Sunset Man album because it is the first one that I heard. :):):)

Holly

P.S. The album to go to second in my opinion would be his most recent one named Shake What God Gave Ya! :):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll try them. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ I hope you like them! "A Good Time For A Good Time" is the song from him that anyone can relate to and "Where Angels Hang Around" is his song about those who are at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. :):):)

God bless you and them and James always!!! :):):)

Holly
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    God doesn't exist. I'm an atheist. Keep your 'blessings' for someone else. I don't want them.

There' no need for that really....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Amen to that! :):):)

God bless you always!!! :):):)

Holly

P.S. My question is why do people look at chats about things that do not interest them in the first place? :confused::confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight at 10 PM EST James will be doing a free live online performance! Go here to check him out if you are interested enough! :):):)

Holly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a listen to him on Amazon, not sure it's the kind of music I could listen to regularly but he has a really nice voice, if you like James I reckon you'd like Gretchen Wilson too Holly. :)

I do like that his music does sound like country unlike someone like Taylor Swift who gets country awards thrown at her but doesn't really make country music.....

I'll download one his albums and will give him a try out though.

I like the sound of Lover Man.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ Wow, thank you! Oh and my most favorite song from Gretchen is "Don't Do Me No Good". :):):)

God bless you and her and James always!!! :):):)

Holly

P.S. I recommend either the Sunset Man album which his biggest song on the radio is from named "I Just Got Started Loving You" or his last album named Shake What God Gave Ya! which has "Lover Man" on it. :):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you may be a Gretchen fan. :D

Thanks I'll try them when I can.