Wrestlemania 29 price increase. £17.95

leslie123leslie123 Posts: 2,493
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How many people I wonder are being put off and deterred from ordering Wrestlemania 29 as a result of an increase in PPV price from £14.95 to £17.95. I think a £3. increase is way over the top. I know I will think twice about it.

Comments

• mackembloke72mackembloke72 Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    bloody angry at this.....i cant justify paying nearly £18 for a ppv..bad enough when it was £14.95.
    as theysay in dragons den...IM OUT:mad::mad:
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ......and in the US
    WrestleMania 29 Price Increase Update

As noted last week, the WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view broadcast will carry a price increase this year, with the HD version selling for $69.99 and the SD version going for $59.99. So far, DirecTV, Comcast and Time Warner Cable have all confirmed the new pricing schedule.

http://www.sescoops.com/wrestlemania-29-weather-forecast-more-on-wm29-ppv-price-increase/
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame Sky Sports doesn't subsidise WWE PPVs as much as they used to. I think we only get 4 free PPVs now, whereas nearly all of them used to be free. Bit of a cheek when we have to pay a premium just to see RAW and SmackDown, unlike in the US.
  • dj999dj999 Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    germany has got it for €25 and at the moment cant see a price for it in italy, but for the next 3 events inc WM they're doing them for $29
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    well it only £52.75 a month just to watch WWE programming in HD on Sky so 'another' £17.95 for 2hrs of 'new' footage + 2hrs of repeat footage just to remind us of the 'storyline so far' , is just a small drop in the pond for a fan.;)
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2corney wrote: »
    well it only £52.75 a month just to watch WWE programming in HD on Sky so 'another' £17.95 for 2hrs of 'new' footage + 2hrs of repeat footage just to remind us of the 'storyline so far' , is just a small drop in the pond for a fan.;)

It costs me £24.12 a month to watch WWE programming in HD on Sky but that's "if" I choose to watch it :) I got 75% discount on my package which Sky gave me at Christmas.
  • powarpowar Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    These prices stem from WWE's investment into creating their own TV network in the states. Oh, and Linda McMahons failed senate race(again). In other words, they need the money.
  • PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Keep your dosh in your pocket , download it the next day on HD for zilch.

Typical sky trying to pick your pocket to get a few extra quid from you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well yes. We can all illegally obtain every TV show ever - how silly of Sky to try to sell it to us legally. :rolleyes:
  • powarpowar Posts: 302
    Forum Member

WWE dictate the pricing, not Sky. Typical mis-informed information filling our pockets full of zilch.
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

1. If everyone did that then there would be nothing for you to download because events like Wrestlemania wouldn't happen.

2. WWE set the price, not Sky.
  • ashyukashyuk Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im out too the only ppv i get
    not this year il just down load it... not paying that price
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else had problems trying to order this ?. 3 times I tried to set it up to record on SBO HD1 and all I get is a message telling me to phone Sky. We've never had this problem before when ordering PPV content.
  • swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thought the posts on here were intimating that Sky(UK) was actually the cheapest around ??

so thread turning into another 'Sky-pop' ?

$70 is the USA price for HD ($60 SD) ..... £46 / £40 UK prices
  • davetechdavetech Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    They must be crazy, and they think we are too - this event is the premium event of the year but really 14.95 was too much, don;t fill their pockets - they must be empty after all his mrs spend around 50 Million $ on the last election did she not!

I ain;t paying for that again - nor a rubber sledge hammer! or a half cut table to slam someone into :D
  • dj999dj999 Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or is it because the kids are still on holiday and they want to watch it
  • HarshadHarshad Posts: 5,996
    Forum Member
    There will be a fta feed on 10e the week after in standard def ill just wait for that no need to pay Rupert 18 quid.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harshad wrote: »
    There will be a fta feed on 10e the week after in standard def ill just wait for that no need to pay Rupert 18 quid.

You're a bit out of touch. NewsCorp failed in its bid to buy BSkyB.
  • HarshadHarshad Posts: 5,996
    Forum Member
    Ill rewrite what I said ill wait for the 10e fta feed which is available a week after there's no need to pay BSkyB and WWE this amount of money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blame WWE. To make up for the decline in buys in the US they are turning more and more countries to PPV.

£18 is still a lot cheaper than the US. Don't buy it and send the message.

What irks me is Sky have the streaming rights but do nothing with them so you can't watch legally on the Internet even if you wanted to. No stream on WWE.com or the app in this country because of Sky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it is streamable on Sky Go?
  • BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is getting so annoying, I know we are a lot cheaper than the US but I pay Sky Sports just for WWE as I don't watch anything else on them, so I have to pay £21 for that and then the PPV on top. Also why do we pay £21 a month for sports channels and then have adverts on them too ? Talk about a cheek. I can understand on Raw as it is live, but on pre-recorded shows ? Yes I pay it, so I am a mug as this is why they do it, but you don't get ads on the HBO pay channels in the US.

The free PPVs seem to be getting less and less, or that is how it seems anyway. Also why no repeats in HD ? I have had Sky box problems before where either weather or satellite stuttering has ruined a recording, yet I am stuffed if I find the recording crap, as that is the only HD view. They have a whole HD box office channel they can show it repeated on.
  • CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harshad wrote: »

And for those without a motorised system? :rolleyes:
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Wait forthe wwe network it will launch in the next 5 years