ftvftv Posts: 31,668
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The BBC is reporting that Dermot O'Leary has been dropped from The X Factor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32093238

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Already a thread in the dedicated X Factor forum.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already a thread in the dedicated X Factor forum.

Perhaps of wider interest bearing in mind the link to Top Gear ?
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite sure Dermot wants to be on a much bigger show then X Factor.
  • deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good. He's such an unfunny gimp, so far up Cowell's arse he needs a miners lamp to find his way out.
  • Posh BlokePosh Bloke Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    deev1ne0ne wrote: »
    Good. He's such an unfunny gimp, so far up Cowell's arse he needs a miners lamp to find his way out.
    Well said sir! Only problem is he might end up on yet more bloody advert voice-overs.. >:(
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posh Bloke wrote: »
    Well said sir! Only problem is he might end up on yet more bloody advert voice-overs.. >:(

He'll be doing some postcode lottery or insurance adverts soon enough.:D
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »

Did you post the wrong link? :confused:
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member

:D
    Nothing reported about being dropped in that link.

Your not pushing for a job as a DS headline writer are you?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,938
    Forum Member

Axed or decided to move on?
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is an X Factor forum for this with threads there and he left he wasn't axed.

- lack of research.
    - please show any link saying he was axed.
    - some people just want to start threads.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So has he got Ex Factor or Axe Factor ?
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there are few shows if any which are a bigger gig for a presenter than X-Factor, so lets not under sell the gig at this point.

Had to laugh at the Radio 2 news of "Radio 2 DJ Quits X-Factor", it is odd however listening to his show on Radio 2, I cant figure out why he would want to be involved with a show like X-Factor.

More interesting is that this comes only a couple of days after a move to Sunday night, a couple of very big changes for a show that has struggled to reach its peak the last 2 years.

It is also leaves The Voice and Strictly with no big competition, Saturday Night Takeaway is doing fine, but is mostly back on the air, because Ant and Dec have yet to make a better show for themselves than it.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deev1ne0ne wrote: »

That's Dermot O'Dreary for you!
  • BahtatBahtat Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's got a thing about carrying a microphone on the X factor. Gets on my tits.
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor chap cannot come to terms with playing semi decent music on the radio and hosting mind numbing smog contest.

Is it to early to say, he will takeover from Ken Bruce!
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps of wider interest bearing in mind the link to Top Gear ?
    What's the link to Top Gear?
  • pjexpjex Posts: 9,371
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    there are few shows if any which are a bigger gig for a presenter than X-Factor, so lets not under sell the gig at this point.

Had to laugh at the Radio 2 news of "Radio 2 DJ Quits X-Factor", it is odd however listening to his show on Radio 2, I cant figure out why he would want to be involved with a show like X-Factor.

More interesting is that this comes only a couple of days after a move to Sunday night, a couple of very big changes for a show that has struggled to reach its peak the last 2 years.

It is also leaves The Voice and Strictly with no big competition, Saturday Night Takeaway is doing fine, but is mostly back on the air, because Ant and Dec have yet to make a better show for themselves than it.

Although the music on his Radio 2 show is the opposite of the X Factor rubbish it's easy to figure out why he wanted to be involved the millions of pounds it will have earned him, who would turn down a job like that if offered?

Without X Factor Dermot would be a relatively unknown DJ/TV presenter and no where near as wealthy, think his biggest previous TV show was a Big Brother spin off on E4 or kids strand T4.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's speculation that he has a large penis. How people would know, I don't have a clue.

Personally, I think that he IS one!
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    What's the link to Top Gear?

I do hope there is a a better alternative ,they are looking for a dreary man to replace an Ex presenter
  • SteveMartinSteveMartin Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's speculation that he has a large penis. How people would know, I don't have a clue.

Haha, this post is brilliant!
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjex wrote: »
    Although the music on his Radio 2 show is the opposite of the X Factor rubbish it's easy to figure out why he wanted to be involved the millions of pounds it will have earned him, who would turn down a job like that if offered?

Without X Factor Dermot would be a relatively unknown DJ/TV presenter and no where near as wealthy, think his biggest previous TV show was a Big Brother spin off on E4 or kids strand T4.
    money fair enough, as for for his career its true, his biggest show before X-Factor was Big Brothers Little Brother, but its very possible he would have moved from Big Brothers Little Brother, to a big show, if X-Factor had not come along.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope there is a a better alternative ,they are looking for a dreary man to replace an Ex presenter

Nick Knowles then.......
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,938
    Forum Member

Here's a clue for you.