I've already recorded next weeks programs!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
Forum Member
Got back from holiday to discover that some of my scheduled recordings have the date as late as 19th September! Shame I didn't set it to record the lottery results :) With some (but not all) of the recordings the program name matches the content, but I don't know which episode. Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a repeat timer? Sometimes the box gets a bit funny with repeat timers when there is a different programme occupying the same slot the next day or week in sequence. Maybe the box was left on all the time and the EPG never refreshed while the machine was idle. I think there have been improvements to repeat timers and wrong dates - even though in the playlist and recordings list they are still all listed in order of when they were recorded - but there is still something or somethings that can produce these results. I have set up the same repeat timers as some people here who have reported this problem, possibly going for a month or two now and I always look out for the wrong date on them - but havent had one yet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Hoooo wrote:
    Got back from holiday to discover that some of my scheduled recordings have the date as late as 19th September! Shame I didn't set it to record the lottery results :) With some (but not all) of the recordings the program name matches the content, but I don't know which episode. Anyone know what's going on?
    This is a known problem where repeating programs will sometimes but not always have the following weeks date (or next day for daily repeats).
    As far as i can tell this has not yet been addressed by the latest firmware 1.00.08.
  • BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldaweb wrote:
    This is a known problem where repeating programs will sometimes but not always have the following weeks date (or next day for daily repeats).
    As far as i can tell this has not yet been addressed by the latest firmware 1.00.08.

Have you had an instance of this with 1.00.08?

If so please post the details.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I used to regularly get next day's date on repeat recordings, since Jan 2006, but only once in begining of August had next week's date. Not happened since version 1.006 installed, so I assumed that this had fixed it. Have just installed 1.008.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patience wrote:
    I used to regularly get next day's date on repeat recordings, since Jan 2006, but only once in begining of August had next week's date. Not happened since version 1.006 installed, so I assumed that this had fixed it. Have just installed 1.008.

I think .06 does have changes in it to stop the wrong date on repeat recordings, but it was removed from the release notes because there was one instance of it happening - and it wasnt clear if it was because the fix doesnt work or because of another problem that was happening on the users machine at the time. It could very well be that there have been changes made that improve on the problem though - which is why there seem so few cases being reported. I wanted to flush out what problem may remain with wrong date on repeat recordings, but after a couple of months with test repeat shcedules set up I am yet to see a problem...
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    I think .06 does have changes in it to stop the wrong date on repeat recordings, but it was removed from the release notes because there was one instance of it happening - and it wasnt clear if it was because the fix doesnt work or because of another problem that was happening on the users machine at the time. It could very well be that there have been changes made that improve on the problem though - which is why there seem so few cases being reported. I wanted to flush out what problem may remain with wrong date on repeat recordings, but after a couple of months with test repeat shcedules set up I am yet to see a problem...
    I definitely had examples of this with 1.00.06 with two programs a week apart with the same date - unlike with earlier firmware when once I had one occurrence all later recording from the same timer were 1 day/week out.
    It's a bit early to tell with 1.00.08 as I only have weekly timers set. I'll set a daily one just to test and report back.
    Forum Member
    Barry wrote:
    Have you had an instance of this with 1.00.08?

If so please post the details.
    I was just going by the release notes. Check my other post as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldaweb wrote:
    It's a bit early to tell with 1.00.08 as I only have weekly timers set. I'll set a daily one just to test and report back.

Cheers aldaweb. I'm not expecting to find any more work done in this area on the .08 patch to be honest so I havent got my hopes up. If you can replicate the problem I would be keen to set up the same repeat timers.
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    Cheers aldaweb. I'm not expecting to find any more work done in this area on the .08 patch to be honest so I havent got my hopes up. If you can replicate the problem I would be keen to set up the same repeat timers.
    So far no problems - the last 10 dats I've recorded BBC London evening news and all have had correct dates. If anything changes I'll PM you here or on hummy.org.uk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    The last time that sort of thing started happening to me I started to get recordings listed as Zero Megabytes with yellow error marks after deletion with strange dates. This went on for a while and then I lost all my recordings. This was with 1.04

It was just a few days ago it started again this time on 1.06 so once bitten............ I archived what I wanted to keep, formatted the disk and upgraded to 4.09 and 1.08.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed now.

Sorry to be the harbinger of DOOM...
  • biscitbiscit Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Patience wrote:

My box has been offline for a while, but I used to have a daily timer to record Quantum Leap, and it usually saved the data of the event 24 hours after...

Still using 1.00.06, and I think 4.07
  • MeMe Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aldaweb wrote:
    The last 10 dats I've recorded BBC London evening news

Why?

(I've got to write this to make the message more then 3 characters)
    Forum Member
    Me wrote:
    Why?

(I've got to write this to make the message more then 3 characters)
    Just to test if this (wrong date) was still happening with 1.00.08 firmware.

(as stated previously in the thread!)
  • MeMe Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh.

I work on the programme and wondered if you were the viewer!
    Forum Member
    Me wrote:
    Oh.

I work on the programme and wondered if you were the viewer!
    Only occasionally :rolleyes: