"I am the Doctor and i name you the Boneless!"

2»

Comments

• johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    I liked the speech, there was a lot going on - from the badass Doctor asserting that this is what he is going to do to stop them, to the element of being almost apologetic for having to do it, to the personal disappointment for not having the answers.

And yes, it was the dimensional-warping abilities of the Tardis that dispersed them, rather than anything the screwdriver came up with. I think the 'wave' effect is clearly centred on the Tardis.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    A bit tacky to be honest, and unlike the previous instance of 'I name thee carrionite', where the naming was a relevant plot point, on this occasion the line really lacked any narrative logic. Here, he's giving them a dramatic name, and exclaiming it purely to be... well, dramatic. It didn't resonate in any way, so just seemed to come from the book of cliche fantasty speech.

This is how I felt too. Speeches can have a place — the one from The Pandorica Opens was very good — but this one had that tie-up-the-episode desperation to it.
  • andrew1973andrew1973 Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I heard "The Boneless" I just started thinking of a KFC boneless box... hmmm the secret recipe... :p
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    Q> Why did the boneless cross the road?

A> To visit his flat mate.