The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who thinks some of you on here care too much about success? Just enjoy the music a little more, we should only be worrying if she's on the verge f being dropped - which she isn't.

She could be depending on how much RCA have spent on recording. She needs to make them at least 2-3m UK revenue wise.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are you talking about?! Any decent PR team would have warned Alex off of Jermaine Defoe the minute he came sniffing about her. Before Beyonce met Jay-Z, imagine if she had wanted to start dating a U.S football player who had slept with half of America :rolleyes:...her team (and family) would have warned her off him and made sure she was on the right path. Jermain Defoe has a terrible reputation. Although, for all we know Alex's PR team may have warned her off him, but if she ignored them, well that's her own fault. Everyone knows what Jermain Defoe is like and it does nothing for her reputation having someone like that around her...in fact it cheapens her reputation.
    I agree with that last part...Alexandra is not some Z-list TOWIE WAG celebrity...she deserves better...
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airplay Chart

TV
    38 Alexandra Burke - Let It Go
    Label: RCA
    Plays: 175
    LW Position: new

Radio
    641 Alexandra Burke - Let It Go
    Plays: 368
    Impacts: 2.17m
    LW Position: 1255

Elephant did better on the TV Airplay Chart in it's first full week. It was at #15 with 334 plays.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Starzz123 wrote: »

That picture is like a 100 years old ain't it?
    Forum Member
    djc_22 wrote: »
    Airplay Chart

TV
    38 Alexandra Burke - Let It Go
    Plays: 175
    LW Position: new

Radio
    641 Alexandra Burke - Let It Go
    Plays: 368
    Impacts: 2.17m
    LW Position: 1255

Elephant did better on the TV Airplay Chart in it's first full week. It was at #15 with 334 plays.

It's okay for now. It'll keep rising. It's radio that's essential. This single has to last till late August.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That picture is like a 100 years old ain't it?

She tweeted it last night.. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    What are you talking about?! Any decent PR team would have warned Alex off of Jermaine Defoe the minute he came sniffing about her. Before Beyonce met Jay-Z, imagine if she had wanted to start dating a U.S football player who had slept with half of America :rolleyes:...her team (and family) would have warned her off him and made sure she was on the right path. Jermain Defoe has a terrible reputation. Although, for all we know Alex's PR team may have warned her off him, but if she ignored them, well that's her own fault. Everyone knows what Jermain Defoe is like and it does nothing for her reputation having someone like that around her...in fact it cheapens her reputation.

Well jay z isn't exactly a pillar of society now is he? He was a cocaine drug seller, selling to kids n pregnant women n when he became a rap star he was always sleeping around with women including Aaliyah and bloody blue Cantrell.

PR can't stop a grown up from dating someone, I'm sure ther raised their concerns but they can't force her to do anything. Brandy was told to cover up her relationship with that bloke from boys 2 men and that hurt her in the long run n was then told to say she got married to her baby daddy n look how that backfired. Alex has a right to date who she wishes n of course she may get hurt but that could happen with any of us.

I'm really wishing that silly Dj didn't eff up by playing elephant early when capital were supposed to premier it.. *sigh*
    Forum Member
    She tweeted it last night.. :confused:

yeah but i've seen that picture before
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    yeah but i've seen that picture before

Yeah it was from last year...around this time. :)

So excited for the performance on TVOF! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »

sameeee. I have a stream open but i'm not sure if it's actually what i think it is. I'm watching new Irish news atm loll.
    Forum Member
    sameeee. I have a stream open but i'm not sure if it's actually what i think it is. I'm watching new Irish news atm loll.

LOL!!! :D

I'm praying Alex gets a slot on BGT finale, and a slot on The Voice UK too. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping she has a decent outfit..we all know her vocals will slay so I'm excited :D
    Forum Member
    What channel will TVOI be on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What channel will TVOI be on?

It's on RTE in Ireland.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really think she should start off acoustic to show off her vocals...OMG I'm actually excited to see this :)
    Forum Member
    It's on RTE in Ireland.

Is it shown on here too?

http://www.rte.ie/live/
    Forum Member
    Shayeeee wrote: »
    I'm really wishing that silly Dj didn't eff up by playing elephant early when capital were supposed to premier it.. *sigh*

I do too....he ruined EVERYTHING....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    I do too....he ruined EVERYTHING....

Tbh it was Alex's radio team's fault for giving it to them in the first place....Capital should have been the only station to get the song to begin with...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it shown on here too?

http://www.rte.ie/live/

That's what I'm using. I think it should be shown on there. It says its on at 18:30 so.. hopefully. :D
    Forum Member

LOL!!! :D

I'm praying Alex gets a slot on BGT finale, and a slot on The Voice UK too. :)
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I'm hoping she has a decent outfit..we all know her vocals will slay so I'm excited :D

Me too! :D She should do, it'll help Cowell's ratings, and most think she's on his label still, and the Voice UK should be easy to arrange! I wonder what she's wearing too :D:D:D It best be sexy! The style of the elephant premiere gig at the dance show was good, it's design was the issue (or colours etc). I'd love an outfit like the one at the GAY gig...and for her attitude at that gig to be permanent (sans swearing :D) - she was on another level.
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Tbh it was Alex's radio team's fault for giving it to them in the first place....Capital should have been the only station to get the song to begin with...

Maybe, but they weren't meant to premiere it, they were sent it to playlist like everyone else. Or maybe they were to premiere it, after Capital declined. Capital didn't even mention her performing Elephant in January, in January. They didn't mention her in the celeb news or that she had material on its way, even though she'd confirmed it since last year. They mentioned her briefly last year but that was it....very odd.
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    Me too! :D She should do, it'll help Cowell's ratings, and most think she's on his label still, and the Voice UK should be easy to arrange! I wonder what she's wearing too :D:D:D It best be sexy! The style of the elephant premiere gig at the dance show was good, it's design was the issue (or colours etc). I'd love an outfit like the one at the GAY gig...and for her attitude at that gig to be permanent (sans swearing :D) - she was on another level.

The outfit she wore at G-A-Y was hot! I loved it. LOL at Amelle wearing the exact same outfit (without the tights). :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The outfit she wore at G-A-Y was hot! I loved it. LOL at Amelle wearing the exact same outfit (without the tights). :p

LOL. Alex looked better. :cool:
    Forum Member

*sees red* HEFFA! :D;):p Not here for that.
    Forum Member
    That's what I'm using. I think it should be shown on there. It says its on at 18:30 so.. hopefully. :D

**** it;s ireland only -____-
This discussion has been closed.