EE - Is anyone else a bit disappointed over Cora's transformation...

LostIslands_LostIslands_ Posts: 630
Forum Member
✭✭
Is anyone else a bit disappointed over Cora's transformation from Asbo Granny to Petition Enthusiast? I loved her when she first came in and I think Ann Mitchell is great. But Cora is starting to annoy me with her neighbourhood watch alter-ego. It's like she has two personalities...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol .... a personality transplant ...... in a soap ........... who'd have thought it??!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're turning her into a mixture of Pauline Fowler (get a petition in order to sort things out) and Peggy (face-to-face confrontation). They need to settle on one of these personalities.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cora needs to drop the goody goody act and spice up the Square like we all know she wants (and we want her) to...when was the last time we had a slanging match of these proportions? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Cora needs to drop the goody goody act and spice up the Square like we all know she wants (and we want her) to...when was the last time we had a slanging match of these proportions? :D

Epic!

*goes to watch the full clip*
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Yes. I'm not very happy with the direction they've taken her in. I was really excited to hear that Ann Mitchell was joining EE, and I enjoyed her original appearance. But all they've done with her since she came back is had her go about haranguing people she barely knows over 'community issues' and eat a dodgy prawn sandwich. Bit of a waste, to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    Yes. I'm not very happy with the direction they've taken her in. I was really excited to hear that Ann Mitchell was joining EE, and I enjoyed her original appearance. But all they've done with her since she came back is had her go about haranguing people she barely knows over 'community issues' and eat a dodgy prawn sandwich. Bit of a waste, to be honest.

If they're trying to make her the "next Matriarch of the Square" they're doing it wrong!
    Forum Member

God I love this argument.

"What's this, strawberry blonde at 70? That's real is it?"
    "Shutuuuup I'm not 70!"
    "No but you look it.."

:D:D:D:D

I also love Peggy's "...well what are you all staring at :confused:" at the end
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually she reminds me of pat when she first came in to it, cora has yet to have a big storyline of her own. with Tanya leaving it may have something to do with Cora.
  • VirginiaDemVirginiaDem Posts: 1,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will never be a matriarch. She has no history on the Square and isn't even good at handling her relations. Besides, she's a drunk.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they should make her fun not this character who makes a petition about every little thing,
    the old cora wouldnt be complaining about noise she would be the one making it, after getting drunk with rose and patrick
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will never be a matriarch. She has no history on the Square and isn't even good at handling her relations. Besides, she's a drunk.

You have no idea how relieved I am about that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There all drunks in Albert Square these days. Or so it seems!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There all drunks in Albert Square these days. Or so it seems!

Cora > Tanya > Lauren = 3 generations of drunks :D
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're all drunks in Albert Square these days. Or so it seems!

And man-wh*res/sl*ts too....lovely :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You say that like it's a bad thing.
  • CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    Actually she reminds me of pat when she first came in to it, cora has yet to have a big storyline of her own. with Tanya leaving it may have something to do with Cora.

Don't tell me Max has an affair with Cora
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member

Oh my!

"Get out you cheap peroxide old bat!"
    "Oh yeah, and what's this, strawberry blond at 70?!"
    "SHUT UP! I'm not 70"
    "No but you look it!"

What a great exchange. Amazing.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuishla wrote: »
    Don't tell me Max has an affair with Cora

BOAK!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hate her, such an annoying self-righteous old biddy.
  • LostIslands_LostIslands_ Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hate how inconsistent most of the characters are personality wise, it's like we're watching a different parallel universe every week.

Mind you saying that, I can't actually remember the last time EE felt realistic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Oh my!

"SHUT UP! I'm not 70"
    "No but you look it!"

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Oh my!

"SHUT UP! I'm not 70"
    "No but you look it!"

Indeed. Brilliant.
    But anyone was a bit unnerved by Peggy using HIV as a sign of Pauline's family being trashy? I thought that was slightly bit offensive.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Ugh. When she was in it tonight I was wondering: "When did they make Cora an interfering old busy-body? Why doesn't she just punch out the builders first thing in the morning?"
    reinemarie wrote: »
    Indeed. Brilliant.
    But anyone was a bit unnerved by Peggy using HIV as a sign of Pauline's family being trashy? I thought that was slightly bit offensive.

It was meant to be: back then Peggy had a problem with HIV. She refused to serve Mark in the pub when she found out he had it. It was reflective of people's views/ignorance about HIV and Aids.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    Ugh. When she was in it tonight I was wondering: "When did they make Cora an interfering old busy-body? Why doesn't she just punch out the builders first thing in the morning?"

It was meant to be: back then Peggy had a problem with HIV. She refused to serve Mark in the pub when she found out he had it. It was reflective of people's views/ignorance about HIV and Aids.

Yeah, it was reflecting the prejudice that existed, and indeed still exists, in some circles today.
    Forum Member
    reinemarie wrote: »
    Indeed. Brilliant.

Peggy was a pretty nasty cow when it came to Mark and his HIV status. She wasn't always the noisy-but-nice old lady, she was a pretty ignorant bitch. When Mark first revealed he had HIV, Peggy actively attempted to ostracise him from the community, banned him from the pub and led something of a smear campaign against him. It's what led to the majority of animosity between Peggy and Pauline, I think. Peggy was quite a realistic portrayal of a lot of people's prejudice and misinformation regarding AIDs and HIV at the time, and it was consistent and believable to see that there was a little piece of her that hadn't quite given up that judgement that it was some sign of immorality or dirtiness, no matter how much she insisted she'd 'learnt' since then