LCD monitor does not like Freeview HD

I'm using an oldish Acer monitor in the bedroom. I've connected (via HDMI) a DVD player, BD player and XBox 360 to it with excellent results.

However, when I try to connect a Freeview HD box I can't get a picture. Some sort of signal appears to be getting through because a white line appears at the edge of the screen and it brightens slightly.

Any ideas? Obviously I've played with all the settings I can think of on the box and the monitor and the box works perfectly when connected to my LCD TV.

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The monitor hdmi port may not be hdcp compliant.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was HDCP then surely a Blu-Ray player would not work either? I assume that is what Arcana means by BD Player?

As a start, if a Blu-Ray player works OK then perhaps look at what it is outputting and match the settings on the Freeview box to those?
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    If it was HDCP then surely a Blu-Ray player would not work either? I assume that is what Arcana means by BD Player?

As a start, if a Blu-Ray player works OK then perhaps look at what it is outputting and match the settings on the Freeview box to those?

The BD player may simply downscale to SD for a non hdcp hdmi compliant port.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Many thanks for the replies so far.

I bit the bullet today and partly disconnected my living room set-up so that I could try the monitor with a different Freeview HD box. To my surprise, I got a lovely picture. Obviously, worst case scenario, I can consider swapping the boxes over but that's far from optimal.

Re HDCP, the box I want to use with the monitor has an HDCP on/off setting which I've tried both ways without success. My living room box doesn't seem to have a comparable setting by the way. Also I've tried locking and even deleting the HD channels to see if that makes a difference with no luck.