Options

REVEALED! The song choices for Movie Week

Comments

• Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Sam C's song from Juno? What an odd choice!
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Has moon river ever been done on X Factor before?

cant remember it

just googled it and it was done on BGT this year I believe by a ten year old
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has moon river ever been done on X Factor before?

Nope and if Abi does The Honey trees version, I think id actually love her http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFZwCR2lM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    cant remember it

just googled it and it was done on BGT this year I believe by a ten year old

and before anyone wonders why I was googling such a well known song it was just to see if there was an x factor connection :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    Nope and if Abi does The Honey trees version, I think id actually love her http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFZwCR2lM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I would think that would be the style she will try to do it , whether shes got the voice to pull it off is another thing

hope she proves me wrong
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She will probably do this and then be told how original and creative she is:rolleyes:
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It could be the song from Juno or it could be U2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqEUnvR1mWo
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, it's so obvious that the producers are not trying hard enough to get permission for loads more songs being covered on the show. :rolleyes:

VERY lazy choices shown there...but I agree with the others about Abi's song, this will be make or break for her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Boo! So 'Dreams' is the Gabrielle version not the Fleetwood Mac one.:(

Generally, though. I approve of these song choices. I think 'Moon River' is a good choice to get Abi back on track.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Miss Dynamix doing Dreams could be perfect thats a great song choice for them
  • Options
    Forum Member

Really? That is an odd song choice, I don't dislike it though. Could be great maybe, it's a nice song and not been done before.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The original version by Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast At Tiffanys is great as well (a lot of people assume Andy Williams did the original).
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »
    It could be the song from Juno or it could be U2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqEUnvR1mWo

I bet it's the U2 version....Juno seems too obscure.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luke singing the best on the list, love the song, shame he's not a fave of mine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I bet it's the U2 version....Juno seems too obscure.

Hmm, okay. Yeah that seems a lot more likely.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    YOOOOOU'RRRRRE HEEEERRRRE. Good luck Sam, covering the mother of movie songs.

Yes! Ready for Tamera to bring it AGAIN.

And Skyfall from Hannah should also be good. Nice and fresh and modern.
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah's performance could be incredible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    really makes me wonder just how limited the catalogue of songs they have to choose from is , or is it just they have very little imagination to come up with new ideas ?
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say it's more like the former, the show would obviously need permission from record labels to use the songs that were originally composed before any ideas can be created.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i'm just listening to some random stuff atm and just heard something that might have been good for sam C and certainly different from that u2 song that despite being a great song has been done to death on these shows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTMrlHHVx8A

think this was on the hugo soundtrack
  • Options
    shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss dynamix are going to do well. And producers want thm to be better than rough copy. WATCH!!'
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure Sam B will do a good job, but talk about predictable.
  • Options
    ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always said the fact that there are "themes" are going to work against rough copy at some point. They were not amazing last week and the song choice for them is a very bad one. A great song but one that just will not sound as good in an rnb version with crappy backing on the
    x factor. Big trouble.

Sam B - Predictable. And let us not forget it is a huge huge song to try and sing. I think shes taking a massive risk.

Abi - suits her to a T

Kingsland road - Bottom two again. They really needed a song to come out fighting with. And this is a horrific choice.

Luke - Spot on. He is going to shine. If he can just relax and enjoy himself a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So, I might as well go through my impressions of the songlist.

Abi Alton – Great choice! Will suit her.

Hannah Barrett - Brilliant choice too. Adele has been done to death, but not this song. And it's nice and epic, which could suit her if she doesn't over-sing.

Kingsland Road – Contrary to majority opinion, I like this choice. I'd hate to see them go down the drippy ballad route, this is fun and upbeat.

Luke Friend – I don't actually like this at all. Hmm.

Miss Dynamix – Again, I don't really care anything for this song choice. Why would you want to cover Gabrielle of all people?

Nicholas McDonald – Very good song choice in my eyes. The song is beautiful and not usually sung by a male.

Rough Copy – Hmm... I'm refraining from passing judgement.

Sam Bailey – TERRIBLE. This is a bad route for her to go down. It's dated, and I suspect the show wants to paint her as 'cruise ship'. She's better than this.

Sam Callahan – Good song choice, maybe too big for him?

Tamera Foster – Predictable choice, but a good one. She could smash this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jamie_181 wrote: »
    Miss Dynamix – Again, I don't really care anything for this song choice. Why would you want to cover Gabrielle of all people?

agree with this

its a song I liked when it was first out but its not a song that really has any "moments" that would make you remember it for this type of show imo