Options

Michael J Fox

2»

Comments

• Options
    joebloggs90joebloggs90 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also first seen him in BTTF movies and also loved Teen Wolf, Secret of my Success, Frighteners, etc. (I want to BE him/Marty McFly when I was 10! :rolleyes:)

Bravely faced up to the disease and pokes fun (but not in a bad way) of his inability to carry out simple tasks like brushing his teeth or putting on slippers.

I also heard his books are a great read and have now got them to read after my current book.

He's currently in the brilliant "Rescue Me" as Denis Leary's ex's new boyfriend (shame on you Sky1 for not showing it any more!!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJF is a repeat guest star in Denis Leary's "Rescue Me" at the moment and he is brilliant in it. He always comes across as such a genuine and nice guy when you see him in interviews and of course his book, "Lucky Man" is a great read. His new book "Always Looking Up : Adventures of an Incurable Optimist" has just aired as a one off special on abc in the US - I recorded it last night and will be watching it today. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    I love MJF. Loved him growing up in BTTF and love him even more with how dignified he has been through his Parkinson's and the amount of time he spends running his own charity and promoting other Parkinson's charity. He never gives up and is in inspiration to us all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I've loved him since childhood. He's one of those icons that I've grown up with. I've always adored him and he comes across as such a dignified and intelligent human being. I wish there were more like him in the public eye.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love MJF. He has always come across incredibly well in interviews and his charity work is hugely commendable. He is an inspiration.
  • Options
    MamaboogieMamaboogie Posts: 3,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this guy.

Loved him sitting in the cinema watching BTTF (several times!)

Love him now watching his campaigning for stem cell research.

Just read his latest book - he is an amazing writer - so funny yet insightful.

Re-watched BTTF tonight with my youngest - I was scared how many lines I could quote!!
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love MJF..a fantastic comedy actor and thoroughly nice guy.
    I must read his Autobigraphy,i can tell from what you guys say its well worth it.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    He does the voice for Stuart Little in the film
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great guy; obviously has a huge amount of respect from within the film industry and way beyond. I hope he remains active and reasonably well for many, many years to come.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always liked Michael J Fox as well. Although he did seem to play himself in everything he did but I didn't mind that really because he is so likable. My favourite role he ever did was in a film call "Greedy."

His illness is just awful. Poor man.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I love him in Teen wolf...Hooooooooooooool

:D
  • Options
    fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another lover of the pocket dynamo.

Triffic bloke.

XXXXXX for MJF
  • Options
    GeejaayGeejaay Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice thread, for a nice man. Someone mentioned "dignity" before. Totally agree.

He was front cover of the Guardian Weekend magazine a few weeks ago. Here's the interview for anyone who didn't read it...

'It's the gift that keeps on taking'

The whole Rush Limbaugh incident incensed me. Not that Rush Limbaugh has ever said anything that doesn't incense me! I'm delighted Obama has taken stem cell research off the back burner. Hopefully progress can be made.