Options

breaking bad

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I watched the show, so why can't I discuss it? I'm not a fanboy, I can still enjoy something e.g. Breaking Bad, and criticise aspects of it. That someone has a differing opinion to you doesn't mean they are 'trolling' you.

Most people post their critique and move on. You can't seem to let it go.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to tivo getting netflix so I can watch it all agsin.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    I saw someone who looked the spitting image of Wendy yesterday, same kind of clothes and all. I had to look twice! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it been confirmed that there wont be any more Breaking Bad?

In the final episode we saw Walter lying on the floor with a gunshot wound - but that doesn't necessarily mean that he is dead.

In a potential new season the first episode could show Walter being rushed down a hospital corridor on a bed with hospital staff & police officers running alongside it. We'd see Walt recovering from the gunshot wound. The hospital room would be guarded by police officers. As Walter recovers we could see a flashback of Jesse saying "think of a way out, use some scientific sh*t & get out of there, bitch" and we'd see Walter transform into Heisenberg once again. Then Heisenberg would escape from the hospital and go on the run for the rest of the season, avoiding the police, maintaining contact with Jesse, Saul & the others, meeting various criminal characters, whilst continuing to cook somewhere or sell his formula.

Or the alternative could see Walter fully recover in the hospital but then go to prison after, only to escape using his intellect & scientific knowledge. Walters character peaked in the final series. He became a criminal mastermind and it would be great to see more of Heisenberg and the things he's capable of. And of course the others too, Jesse, Saul, Skyler, Junior etc. It could continue for at least 1 or 2 more seasons IMO.

lololol
  • Options
    kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK I'll bite...
    Vince Gilligan confirmed Walt was dead - he didn't say Heisenberg was dead.
    Maybe he was just overcome by fumes from the cook that Jessie was finishing up when Todd fetched him, and maybe the bullet went right through the tumour and destroyed it.

Or maybe not.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lala wrote: »
    For an established member of DS, your behaviour is creeping towards troll like I have to say.

Established? Really? FF only joined in September 2013 and began their DS career from the off in this thread...
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »

Woukd love to try those
  • Options
    kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »

No roof-pizza?
  • Options
    rammsteinqueenrammsteinqueen Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am new to it too - just finished season 1 and season 2 turned up today. I am hooked already - love it.
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    I Have made it to Season 5, Episode 8 and I'm stopping there until the final 8 are released on Blu Ray on 25 Nov.

I don't want to watch the last ones from TV if as I have heard are cut for TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am new to it too - just finished season 1 and season 2 turned up today. I am hooked already - love it.

You are on a good journey as if to love it now it just get better. And infinitely more disturbing! :D

I certainly won't give anything away but you have seen nothing so far. Prepare to hide behind your sofa!
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    I Have made it to Season 5, Episode 8 and I'm stopping there until the final 8 are released on Blu Ray on 25 Nov.

I don't want to watch the last ones from TV if as I have heard are cut for TV.

There were no "cuts" for TV. Where did you get that idea?
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prepare to hide behind your sofa!

???

I don't remember there being any daleks or cybermen in BB :D
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it been confirmed that there wont be any more Breaking Bad?

In the final episode we saw Walter lying on the floor with a gunshot wound - but that doesn't necessarily mean that he is dead.

In a potential new season the first episode could show Walter being rushed down a hospital corridor on a bed with hospital staff & police officers running alongside it. We'd see Walt recovering from the gunshot wound. The hospital room would be guarded by police officers. As Walter recovers we could see a flashback of Jesse saying "think of a way out, use some scientific sh*t & get out of there, bitch" and we'd see Walter transform into Heisenberg once again. Then Heisenberg would escape from the hospital and go on the run for the rest of the season, avoiding the police, maintaining contact with Jesse, Saul & the others, meeting various criminal characters, whilst continuing to cook somewhere or sell his formula.

Or the alternative could see Walter fully recover in the hospital but then go to prison after, only to escape using his intellect & scientific knowledge. Walters character peaked in the final series. He became a criminal mastermind and it would be great to see more of Heisenberg and the things he's capable of. And of course the others too, Jesse, Saul, Skyler, Junior etc. It could continue for at least 1 or 2 more seasons IMO.
    Hahahahaha !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    ???

I don't remember there being any daleks or cybermen in BB :D

There are on the extended blu ray version. :p

But seriously some scenes where UGGGGG! :eek:

This show contains some seriously not very nice people! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    There were no "cuts" for TV. Where did you get that idea?

It may be totally incorrect, but I have read it on several different forums.

And knowing how touchy some American channels are even if you say bum, it wouldn't surprise me.

There was that documentary about firefighters attending on 9/11 and with death, destruction and bodies exploding on the pavement all around them they somehow expected them to say "Oh bother! That is somewhat unusual!" :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It may be totally incorrect, but I have read it on several different forums.

And knowing how touchy some American channels are even if you say bum, it wouldn't surprise me.

There was that documentary about firefighters attending on 9/11 and with death, destruction and bodies exploding on the pavement all around them they somehow expected them to say "Oh bother! That is somewhat unusual!" :rolleyes:

On the TV version they were allowed to use the f-ford, so the sound would drop out but the person would still mouth the word and it would be obvious what was said. By "cuts" I thought you meant actual video deleted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On the TV version they were allowed to use the f-ford, so the sound would drop out but the person would still mouth the word and it would be obvious what was said. By "cuts" I thought you meant actual video deleted.

I have no idea what the censoring was as I've so far only watched the Blu ray versions. I did that as I kept reading that the TV versions were censored.

NO ONE READ IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT PAST THE START OF SEASON 4
    Seems silly that you can watch someone's throat being cut in a really grizzly way and yet they can't say f**k! - And that's before all the drug taking and other scenes of violence. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have no idea what the censoring was as I've so far only watched the Blu ray versions. I did that as I kept reading that the TV versions were censored.

NO ONE READ IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT PAST THE START OF SEASON 4
    Seems silly that you can watch someone's throat being cut in a really grizzly way and yet they can't say f**k! - And that's before all the drug taking and other scenes of violence. :rolleyes:

First of all, above I meant to say BB was NOT allowed to use the f-word. Just to clarify that.

Swearing is more unsettling to many people on my side of the Atlantic than depictions of violence. Strange that it should be that way, but it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    First of all, above I meant to say BB was NOT allowed to use the f-word. Just to clarify that.

Swearing is more unsettling to many people on my side of the Atlantic than depictions of violence. Strange that it should be that way, but it is.

Better not visit England then as it's that much of a non-thing in certain areas that it's just a part of expressive language. And not always negative: They didn't have a great time, they had a f**king great time! (For example)

Even in Breaking Bad it's used just as expression so in normal American life, words like that must be used. So I wonder why some are so sensitive to such words?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Better not visit England then as it's that much of a non-thing in certain areas that it's just a part of expressive language. And not always negative: They didn't have a great time, they had a f**king great time! (For example)

Even in Breaking Bad it's used just as expression so in normal American life, words like that must be used. So I wonder why some are so sensitive to such words?

Of course many Americans swear, but many don't, and whether it is done, or tolerated, is often a matter of social context. The "no swearing" on TV is largely an attempt to avoid incurring the wrath of really conservative people -- people who may not like all the violence on US TV either, but this is about compromise. Swearing and nudity gets censored, violence for the most part doesn't. Every group gets something they want.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course many Americans swear, but many don't, and whether it is done, or tolerated, is often a matter of social context. The "no swearing" on TV is largely an attempt to avoid incurring the wrath of really conservative people -- people who may not like all the violence on US TV either, but this is about compromise. Swearing and nudity gets censored, violence for the most part doesn't. Every group gets something they want.

Well this group is waiting for the Blu Ray with all of it! :D

I expect someone who will blow someone's brains across the room to also say "bum" a couple of times. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I expect someone who will blow someone's brains across the room to also say "bum" a couple of times. :D

I don't think you realize that "bum" is an old-fashioned word for "homeless man" in American English.:) Americans say "butt," and it is not considered rude at all. "Ass" is the rude word for the same thing, but it is allowed on US TV. The f-word and the s-word are what run into problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think you realize that "bum" is an old-fashioned word for "homeless man" in American English.:) Americans say "butt," and it is not considered rude at all. "Ass" is the rude word for the same thing, but it is allowed on US TV. The f-word and the s-word are what run into problems.

Indeed and the less said about fanny the better! :D

"He landed on his fanny" always makes me laugh as it doesn't have the same meaning in the UK.

I suppose if someone says the "C" word the entire TV explodes? :D