Even as an Alison fan, I can admit she's being completely overmarked

Comments

• StykerStyker Posts: 49,791
    Forum Member
    gary217 wrote: »
    She's a bad dancer, so up her own rear end to be boring and, yep, totally overmarked and over praised by the so-called professional judges. 6's and 7's for that rubbish???

So who do you consider worthy and why?
  • luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't grasp the criticism for Alison when we still have a calamity named scott on the show :confused:
  • black catblack cat Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I can't stand her. Her "personality" is really forced, she's too loud and is a rubbish dancer. However, at least she provides some entertainment, unlike Judywho may as well be a plank of wood
  • Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luigy39 wrote: »
    I can't grasp the criticism for Alison when we still have a calamity named scott on the show :confused:

We all know why they don't like Alison on here. It's her size and they see an easy target, when she dares to go out and have a go at dancing.
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's lovely and so entertaining. We also liked Tim.
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gary217 wrote: »
    She's a bad dancer, so up her own rear end to be boring and, yep, totally overmarked and over praised by the so-called professional judges. 6's and 7's for that rubbish???

Regardless of the score, the only people she actually beat on the leaderboard were Scott, Tim and Judy....and I can't criticise the judges for that. I don't personally consider that she was equally as good as Steve and Sunetra though because her footwork is terrible.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In that dress when she whirled around she looked like one of the brushy things in the auto car wash.
    I think they're overmarking her because there's an elephant in the room.
    It's hiding behind Alison in shame.

OMG :blush::blush::blush:
  • Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In that dress when she whirled around she looked like one of the brushy things in the auto car wash.
    I think they're overmarking her because there's an elephant in the room.
    It's hiding behind Alison in shame.

I bet you're a Vogue model yourself, aren't you? How can someone be so vile and disgusting about another person they've never met? It beggars belief. Your life must be sad and boring if you have to resort to insulting the appearance of someone who's having fun and enjoying themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    I agree her footwork was not that good but surely thats why they didn't mark her higher than a 7? Footwork aside, her general dance was really good. I think the entertaining dances like that one are only seen a few times at most every series or every few years even. That's how much I lked it.

A fair few people on twitter liked it as well as of last night. Camilla Dallerup tweeted about it and gave her a 6 and Louis Spence also tweeted about it and he seemed to love it.

Camilla is like Donny when it comes to the scores...
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    black cat wrote: »
    I can't stand her. Her "personality" is really forced, she's too loud and is a rubbish dancer. However, at least she provides some entertainment, unlike Judywho may as well be a plank of wood

It's not forced - first saw her on BB about 10 years ago, she hasn't changed a bit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree her footwork was not that good but surely thats why they didn't mark her higher than a 7? Footwork aside, her general dance was really good. I think the entertaining dances like that one are only seen a few times at most every series or every few years even. That's how much I lked it.

A fair few people on twitter liked it as well as of last night. Camilla Dallerup tweeted about it and gave her a 6 and Louis Spence also tweeted about it and he seemed to love it.

Camilla giving it a 6 doesn't by itself tell us very much without knowing what Camilla would have given to everyone else. However, if we assume that 6 is the correct score that would mean that her total score should have been 4 x 6 = 24. This would have put her above Scott, Tim and Judy and below everybody else. I would be more than happy to go along with that :)
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »

Donny scores with his ovaries too? :o
  • HumidHumid Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The silly scoring & remarks to these bad dancers is spoiling Strictly. The sooner she goes the better.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Camilla's Scoreboard

Simon, Caroline - 9
    Frankie, Pixie, Thom, Jake- 8
    Mark, Steve - 7
    Alison, Sunetra - 6
    Judy - 5
    Scott, Tim - 3
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    It's not forced - first saw her on BB about 10 years ago, she hasn't changed a bit.

Recall her breaking a table :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humid wrote: »
    The silly scoring & remarks to these bad dancers is spoiling Strictly. The sooner she goes the better.

So long as Scott and Judy are still around, and ignoring the possibility of improvement on their part of miraculous proportions, there is no genuine 'dance' related reason for Alison to go before either of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Camilla's Scoreboard

Simon, Caroline - 9
    Frankie, Pixie, Thom, Jake- 8
    Mark, Steve - 7
    Alison, Sunetra - 6
    Judy - 5
    Scott, Tim - 3

So, Camilla actually has her 1 place lower down the leaderboard than she actually was as she only has her as a 2 way tie rather than a 3 way tie.
    Forum Member
    natalian wrote: »
    Camilla giving it a 6 doesn't by itself tell us very much without knowing what Camilla would have given to everyone else. However, if we assume that 6 is the correct score that would mean that her total score should have been 4 x 6 = 24. This would have put her above Scott, Tim and Judy and below everybody else. I would be more than happy to go along with that :)

But the judges judge as and when the dances are done, not in what order they want to see the celebs end up as or do they? If if they score them on how they want them to end up on their 50% of the vote, then surely its a bit of a fix isn't it?
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »

Even if she is generous generally, the main difference between her and Donny is that she is a professional dancer where he is a celeb who won the American version of SCD.

I think the 7 was not overmarking and was about right. I would have considered giving her an 8 too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donny scores with his ovaries too? :o

I meant that in the sense that her scoring/opinion regarding the dances is rather illogical at times imo;..........If I want to know an ex- pro dancer thoughts on the show, I will follow Karen or even Nicole Cutler (when she used to tweet about the show....),....heck even Zoe Cole (Brendan's wife ) says more sensible things than her IMO :cool:

In brief, I don't value her opinion :p:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if she is generous generally, the main difference between her and Donny is that she is a professional dancer where he is a celeb who won the American version of SCD.

I think the 7 was not overmarking and was about right. I would have considered giving her an 8 too.

Yes; I know that :). And btw , Im was not sticking for Donny :o:o
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,169
    Forum Member
    We all know why they don't like Alison on here. It's her size and they see an easy target, when she dares to go out and have a go at dancing.

Not true, I loved Lisa Riley and thought that she had a lovely, bubbly personality, but this one is loud, gobby, and just grates. :o
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    All I know is that she is terribly flat-footed. The top two thirds look good but the feet are woeful. Great entertainment, great energy. But she has to get on her toes for some steps and lighten her legs. She does everything else so why not that? She has plenty of oomph.

Actually I think she may have dodgy feet. She hasn't quite had the 'right' shoes yet and I think that may be down to issues with her plates. Could be a medical thing as I think she would do it if she could.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luigy39 wrote: »

My criticism is the kid glove treatment she gets from the Judges, not the scoring. They think nothing of ripping in to Scott and Judy but hold back with Alison. All 3 contestants are as bad as each other in the Dancing stakes. Alison however does not get ripped apart the way the other 2 do.
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Well, she's got more going for her than Scott or Judy and you know how PC we have to be these days or we'll be labelled "fattist".

So she deserves higher marks than those two and the judges DID criticise her feet. But her feet badly let her down and she really needs to improve or I will lose patience in her. Booty-shaking (however well executed) isn't ballroom.