Options

Did anyone else shed a tear?

missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
Forum Member
When Dave went? Obviously I am losing it but I did feel a little teary eyed. He was a terrible dancer from beginning to end but endlessly good natured and appeared to have fun. Most of us give up, or don't even have much of a go at anything we can't shine at - especially when held up to the public criticism and ridicule leveled at Dave. Which is a shame because you can still have fun moving to music even if you are a stomper like Dave. Also touching to see KFG commiserating with Karen - she had a good Strictly.

Comments

• Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Dave went? Obviously I am losing it but I did feel a little teary eyed. He was a terrible dancer from beginning to end but endlessly good natured and appeared to have fun. Most of us give up, or don't even have much of a go at anything we can't shine at - especially when held up to the public criticism and ridicule leveled at Dave. Which is a shame because you can still have fun moving to music even if you are a stomper like Dave. Also touching to see KFG commiserating with Karen - she had a good Strictly.

Started a new thread saying exactly the same thing. Not wanting to watch it again or I might actually cry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Almost! And when Karen got that big hug off Kevin right at the end too.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Started a new thread saying exactly the same thing. Not wanting to watch it again or I might actually cry.

Great minds think alike - and are soppy.:cry:
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ending just confirms that Strictly is the warmest show on tv.
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great minds think alike - and are soppy.:cry:

I am ashamed of myself. No, I am NOT soppy. *sniff*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I cried and I am not ashamed! I think Dave was the better dancer in the DO.
    And Karen and Kevin are so cute, that made me cry too. I really need a Kevin.
  • Options
    MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad he went - it was his turn but yes I got teary over his and Karens speeches and when Kevin hugged her at the end and they didn't let go of each other it got to me
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I shall miss Dave & Karen even though it's probably for the best that they bow out now before the negativity and misplaced blame gets out-of-control.

They can be proud of their contribution to the entertainment this year.
  • Options
    Sharky_MarkySharky_Marky Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Dave is a kind-hearted gent, so it's not surprising Karen told him that she loved him. They are both winners really. :)
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave’s left me smiling, he always has.

Pleased for Mark as he seemed rather down during the judges comments but sorry for Dave for not making it through to Blackpool.

Dave gave his best, didn’t give in, enjoyed himself, had a worthwhile partnership with Karen and they gave some quite remarkable performances.

A wonderful contestant . Bravo and applause to Mr Hairy Biker Nice Guy for taking part and bringing diversity to bananas and custard and making quality telly. :):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Sorry Karen is not a very nice person thats why Dave went out of Strictly
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,201
    Forum Member
    Yes, I did, and I didn't expect to, but he seems a genuinely nice guy and the feelings that he expressed were heartfelt and genuine. Very touching. :cry:
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say I found that dance off one of the saddest ever. Mark was upset to be there against Dave & he knew his dance was rubbish. Dave is I think a genuinely nice guy & I am going to miss him being there but not his dancing

PS I thought it was mean of Len to say what he did & completely unnecessary too.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems like every week I cry or get emotional at these results :eek::eek::o.

It was his time to go though....
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,201
    Forum Member

Do you ever have anything positive to say about anyone? :(
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    I dont think this programme is "just a show"

The pro dancers love it - and not just for raising their dance profiles-

The celebs love it, especially this season, every celeb who has left has wished they could have stayed longer.

I've been sad to see every celeb go this series, and usually there are several I just like to see the back of:(
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member

I have a hunch that possibly his conistent ineptitude played a little part too.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sobbed like a baby. :o

I know he couldn't dance, but for me he's what Strictly is about - embracing the experience, trying is hardest and being a genuinely lovely guy.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm concerned Dave is one of the nicest celebs ever to take part in the show. Very down to earth and not like a celeb at all.
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I shed a tear -it was one of the saddest dance offs - even tho maybe it was Dave's time to go it was still sad - well done anyway, always entertaining. Come on then Mark, up your game - another supreme entertainer.

Both shining lights - and we need as many of them as we can get.
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a tear but I was touched. Loved how Kevin comforted Karen.
  • Options
    PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've loved them from the beginning as a couple and to see them go is sad. Karen's had a rotten week and it was lovely to see Kevin consoling her. How nice that she and Dave got along so well that they and their respective partners will remain friends. That's something more valuable than a trip to Blackpool or glitter ball. It was nice that Len wanted to save them too.
  • Options
    jadesnannyjadesnanny Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Yes I blubbed when Dave left.He was entertaining to watch though.
  • Options
    PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And you know this how ..?
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    I have a hunch that possibly his conistent ineptitude played a little part too.

Exactly. Personally I cheered. I've never liked him and that dislike has grown into loathing