What time do I queue up for the X Factor Final?

itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi there, I just got tickets for the final next Saturday. I know it's a much bigger venue rather than the TV studios where they shoot the live shows, so what time do you think I should start queueing up?

Comments

• RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Hey

I did the Final last year. On the tickdt it should say what time they will come to meet you/start checking tickets...to be on safe side get there about 90 mins-2 hours before they arrive. Come armed with Food and Drink (Hot and Cold Drink) for while you are queing up...That should get you entry and a pretty good seat...or it did for us anyway

Hope that helps :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I was at the final last year in Manchester on the Saturday night, good times :D
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 1-1 1/2hours waiting time is fine?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    On my eticket it says go to the yellow zone car park to meet the applause store staff for a numbered ticket, does anyone know if I will be queuing for a ticket to go back later, or queue to get a ticket then go straight in I've never done this and I'm so unsure what to do I would be greatful if any would could help with timings. It says on the eticket that doors open at 18.00. I am travelling over 3 hours down and unsure what to expect

Thanks
  • shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's from talk talk you get your tickets between 12 & 4pm. Go away for something to eat then come back. If it's applause store tickets get there about 8am because it's not guaranteed to get in. First come first serve basis.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I've read so much differing advice on this... have heard some people complaining they got there at 7am for the live shows and were second in the queue and didn't get in... but I went to a live show earlier this year and we got there about 1:30 and were fine.

I have tickets for the final on Saturday through applause store and again am reading advice anywhere form get there first thing in the morning to a 1-2 hours before... did anyone go to the final in Manchester last year on Applause store tickets, would love to hear your experience? I'm in London so not having to travel far, just don't think I'll be able to convince my friend to get there at 8am!
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't you just turn up at your local for karaoke night when it opens.
    I imagine you'll get the same sort of entertainment this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi there, I just got tickets for the final next Saturday. I know it's a much bigger venue rather than the TV studios where they shoot the live shows, so what time do you think I should start queueing up?

I've also got tickets and have been wondering the same. I've searched online but the answers differ so much, although most are not for the final where the venue is a lot bigger. I don't fancy queueing for hours just to be turned away.
  • Julie_BardoeJulie_Bardoe Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    I went to the sunday final two years ago at wembley via applause. We got there just after 1pm (was told to be there by half 6) and we were placed at the front of the second bit (was like a pig pen) we were informed that there was no guarantee anyone would get in as basically applause tickets are just the reserve ones for those who don't arrive with the official tickets.

The show started at half 7 (I think) and we finally got ushered in just before half 7! there were literally letting people in while the show just started!

I would get there for no later than midday tbh, maybe 11am Basically you have to stay where you are, you can't go and come back, although obviously you can leave the pig pen if you have others with you who are staying there.

Take an old thick blanket with you, that you would be happy to leave behind as I was near frozen to death that day and although there are stalls to buy some, they are expensive. If you can get a portable seat take one as your bum will go numb from sitting on the floor or an old pillow/cushion. Gloves, scarf and hat and wear a thick coat. Food and drink (lot's of it as it's expensive to buy anywhere near by) toilet roll and wet wipes for the portable toilets as they ran out of toilet roll early in the day and also they were filthy (wet wipes to clean the seat before sitting on them) Be prepared for a long wait and being clueless as to whether you will get in or not as they don't keep you updated.

We got moved from our original pig pen at about 6pm thinking YAY to then be moved to another one further down and left there for nearly an hour.

But honestly this year isn't as popular as the past years so I deffo wouldn't get there before 11am.
    Forum Member
    Also the applause staff told us that the previous night (saturday) that over 2000 people got in on their tickets and I think it was probably similar amount the sunday I went, but it's different each time. I doubt for one second the person that was second in the queue didn't get in. People never show up so there are always spaces it's just it will be a different amount.

BTW each pig pen held 300 people, and I think they had 10 filled up, so yeah I was in the second one at the front and got there just after 1pm....
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to the sunday final two years ago at wembley via applause. We got there just after 1pm (was told to be there by half 6) and we were placed at the front of the second bit (was like a pig pen) we were informed that there was no guarantee anyone would get in as basically applause tickets are just the reserve ones for those who don't arrive with the official tickets.

The show started at half 7 (I think) and we finally got ushered in just before half 7! there were literally letting people in while the show just started!

I would get there for no later than midday tbh, maybe 11am Basically you have to stay where you are, you can't go and come back, although obviously you can leave the pig pen if you have others with you who are staying there.

Take an old thick blanket with you, that you would be happy to leave behind as I was near frozen to death that day and although there are stalls to buy some, they are expensive. If you can get a portable seat take one as your bum will go numb from sitting on the floor or an old pillow/cushion. Gloves, scarf and hat and wear a thick coat. Food and drink (lot's of it as it's expensive to buy anywhere near by) toilet roll and wet wipes for the portable toilets as they ran out of toilet roll early in the day and also they were filthy (wet wipes to clean the seat before sitting on them) Be prepared for a long wait and being clueless as to whether you will get in or not as they don't keep you updated.

We got moved from our original pig pen at about 6pm thinking YAY to then be moved to another one further down and left there for nearly an hour.

But honestly this year isn't as popular as the past years so I deffo wouldn't get there before 11am.

Be honest was it really worth it? :confused:
    Forum Member

Thank you for that extremely helpful answer!! Will see if I can convince my friend for mid-day ish.

I think you either like the show enough to queue for 6-7 hours, or you don't!
    Forum Member
    rikstan87 wrote: »
    Be honest was it really worth it? :confused:

Honestly... yes it was! The atmosphere inside wembley was amazing! Cold plays set was unreal and when i watched the show back on TV it wasn't anywhere as good as what it was like in the arena! I had an amazing time and would go again for sure, I'd just be more prepared but seeing a this year there has been no stand out acts for me I didn't want to go but if next year there were people I loved in the final I'd deffo do it all over again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi I've got applause store tickets for the final on Sunday at Wembley arena and not sure what time to arrive either? If anyone could suggest a time that would be great thanks :)
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That sounds like absolute hell on earth!
  • sstephanie40sstephanie40 Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd also second getting there around 11am.

You're going to be queuing all day. Firstly,to exchange your e-ticket for an arena ticket and then to get into the venue, seats are first come first served. As the previous advice says, old sleeping bag, cheap chair and plenty of food and clothing. Yes it's a pain but what's the point of getting there and being turned away! Remember most of the tickets are already allocated to F&F, sponsors, TV and comp winners. You're filling the rest.

Also follow the ID rules on your ticket! No ID, no exchange! They are enforcing the rules this year so make sure you bring the right ID. You can give a general admission ticket to a family member with the same name, but they need ID too.

But looking at the pyro photos on Twitter, it's going to be a fantastic weekend, whoever wins!
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also second getting there around 11am.

You're going to be queuing all day. Firstly,to exchange your e-ticket for an arena ticket and then to get into the venue, seats are first come first served. As the previous advice says, old sleeping bag, cheap chair and plenty of food and clothing. Yes it's a pain but what's the point of getting there and being turned away! Remember most of the tickets are already allocated to F&F, sponsors, TV and comp winners. You're filling the rest.

Also follow the ID rules on your ticket! No ID, no exchange! They are enforcing the rules this year so make sure you bring the right ID. You can give a general admission ticket to a family member with the same name, but they need ID too.

But looking at the pyro photos on Twitter, it's going to be a fantastic weekend, whoever wins!

So the arena tickets aren't even numbered? :o

And, what is pyro?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arena seats are numbered. But it's just luck which arena seats you get after queuing to exchange your e-ticket with Applause. Some may have partially restricted views etc. It's on the e-ticket information.

Pyro = Pyrotechnics ie flash, wizz, bangs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arena seats are numbered. But it's just luck which arena seats you get after queuing to exchange your e-ticket with Applause. Some may have partially restricted views etc. It's on the e-ticket information.

Pyro = Pyrotechnics ie flash, wizz, bangs!

Thanks for the quick reply, it's really appreciated :)

I'm going on Sunday. It's my first time going to an X Factor final, so I'm really oblivious as to what to expect.

When I went to bootcamp back in August, there was no queue to get to the applause store box office. I collected the tickets (which allocated me with particular seats), walked around London for a bit, and then queued to get into the arena. With it being the finale, I'm expecting it to inevitably be a bit more hectic.

Will there be a huge queue for the applause store box office? Once I have the tickets from applause store, these will allocate me with seats, right? So if I get there early (10am?), I should get decent seats?

Once I have allocated seats, why do I need to queue for the entire day? If I've got seats, surely I'm guranteed to sit there? Would it really matter if I was at the back of the queue to enter the arena, but have decent tickets?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just pretty confused about the whole process. I'm hearing so many different things :confused:

Also, would you mind linking me up to some of the photos - Sounds interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could anyone help with the above questions? ^^^
  • JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Yeah I've got tickets for Sunday too after trying for years to get them through Applause Store, a few questions:

1) What time is it likely they will start giving official arena tickets out at the Applause Store queue? We're getting there really early but is it a case of a little while after you get there they'll give you a ticket, or will they start giving them out to everyone in queue order at say a specific time, i.e. 3pm or something? Meaning you'll have to wait for ages regardless?

2) If and when we get an official arena seat numbered ticket, are we then absolutely guaranteed entrance? As in, we don't have to worry about getting to the front of any other queue - we're getting in no matter what and are free (within reason) to go off for a bit rather than queue somewhere else?

3) If you went to Wembley in 2011 with Applause Store, where were you sat? Obviously it says be prepared to sit in a potentially restricted view seat, so I won't be expecting to sit in the stalls in the middle of the arena but are we talking miles away from the stage?

And then some other less important but intriguing questions...

4) For anyone that went to the Wembley final two years ago, is it easy to hear Dermot's links/the judges comments with the crowd being so loud?

5) Can we go to the bar during the break? :D
    Forum Member
    Did you guys get that email saying not to arrive before 12:30 as they are not even setting up the area until then!? And then they are giving out the tickets around 4:30. What do you reckon on arrival times now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the email from Applause store:

We'd just like to confirm a few more things beforehand to ensure you (& your guests) have everything you need prior to arriving:

1. The Applause Store Ticket Processing Point, based within the Yellow Car Park, Olympic Way, Wembley HA9 0XJ, will not be open until 12.30pm. Unfortunately, there is nothing in place for those who decide to arrive earlier, so please do not arrive before 12.30pm.

We are not asking you to queue from 12.30pm, we are just letting you know that 12.30pm is when the Applause Store Ticket Processing Point queuing area will open. Toilets facilities will be provided and food & drinks will be available to purchase.

2. Do not forget your photographic ID as it WILL be required from the named ticket holder. Photocopies of photo ID will not be accepted.

If you do not have photographic ID, then you must bring two utility bills and two credit/bank cards in the ticket holders name. If you cannot provide these on the day, then we will not be able to process you (& your guests).

3. Like last year, the Arena seat numbered tickets have all been provided to TalkTalk winners, friends & family and other sponsors. Applause Store will be given the unclaimed winning tickets at around 4.30pm.

It is important you know that last year, over 2500 Applause Store members received a seat numbered ticket EACH NIGHT! We are hoping for the same this year, but we will not know until the day.

Arena seat numbered tickets will be provided strictly in order of people in the queue. The earliest arrivals will receive tickets first, and so on until the tickets run out. We may release Arena seat numbered tickets to our members earlier if we receive them.

Once you have been processed, you (& your guests) are then free to leave and return directly to the Wembley Arena entrance, detailed on the seat numbered ticket(s), at the stated door opening time.

4. Dress code IS DEFINITELY 'Red Carpet Event'. However, please ensure that you (& your guests) dress in warm layers to be prepared for queuing. The Yellow Car Park is outdoors. (Brrrrrr)!

5. To re-print your tickets or if you haven't yet received them, follow these instructions: Go to www.applausestore.com, click 'Login to book' on the top right of the page. Once logged in, go to 'my applause', find your show, then click 'print tickets'. Your tickets will appear in front of you!

We look forward to seeing you there and we hope to get in as many of you as possible.

Have a fantastic time!

The Applause Store Team

Can I just add that contrary to the above, F & F pick up their tickets at 17:30/18:30 and so a few more seats might be available due to no shows then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Could anyone help with the above questions? ^^^

Sorry Eddy just read your post! Yes after you have queued to get your arena ticket you can then go away and come back for the entry time for the show - as stated on the arena ticket. You don't need to stay as you have an allocated seat.

The link to the pictures is here: http://t.co/1XRN9c3qwi
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you are going this weekend, you need to download 'Wham City Lights'. There is also a dance routine to learn. watch these vids for more info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml3YvAw5nD
    learn the flash mob dance to 'Lifted'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAObFwXaXIQ
    how to download 'wham city lights'