Options

FTA Gems

Since this section is starting to kick off maybe have a permant thread going of temporary and permant FTA gems that are out there that are in English.

Im flicking through Hellsat now.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So would you like me to flick through Heavensat? :D

Seriously, that's a good idea.

Best kept to stuff that isn't too recent, as we can all look at flysat and kingofsat.
  • Options
    remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    rai man wrote:
    So would you like me to flick through Heavensat? :D

Seriously, that's a good idea.

Best kept to stuff that isn't too recent, as we can all look at flysat and kingofsat.

Haha how typos can be funny :p:D

Kingofsat is a great resource I often go looking there and lyngsat for tables since they easier layed out but if its in a nice recent thread go to the last page and tune um in.

Heavensat has to have a good few US Stations I bet :p
  • Options
    farfar Posts: 3,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it quite fits into the remit of this section but 3Sat on 19.2E usually has some superb jazz, almost always from American artists recorded during concerts or festivals in Europe, late night Friday nights (technically Saturday morning) somewhere between 12.30am and 2am and it's well worth staying up for in my opinion!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sure it fits anything thats fta and is a gem can go in here :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TV 3 Eesti

Sirius 2 at 4.8°E 12674 V 5064-3/4

Caught the last half hour of the Catch Me If You Can on this last night with Estonia subtitles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd that - I saw TV3 had gone FTA on that frequency, but couldn't find it yesterday.

I then trimmed the dish on a weak TP, brought my TP list up to date from flysay and rescanned - This brought up several new stations at good Strength/Quality, but still nothing on that particular TP apart from something called "FSS Filmimee".

Must be doing something wrong: Will try again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm, I get FSS Filmimee only too :( Strange as im in the best place for sirius coverage in the UK (from what people have told me), as I can get all the tps on all the beams as they just hit the suffolk coast :D

EDIT: FSS Filmimee seems to have a TV3 logo :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aha!

Do you know, I never thought to actually watch it! :eek:

I'll pop down and have a look...................
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok cool, I think it is TV3 Eesti :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool -- positively icy!

Diagnosis confirmed, label changed - Thankyou :)
  • Options
    logjamlogjam Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously one person's gem could be someone elses piece of grit :) but I would like to nomate 'Arirang' from Korea
    Hotbird (13E)
    122206 H
    3/4

It is a general channel with quizzes, documentries, news, soaps, music etc. either in English or with English subtitles.
  • Options
    astra19Eastra19E Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arirang is a great channel.
    Canal+ unencrypts ever early evening and a lot during the day. Up until a month or so ago, they showed Family Guy FTA, in English.
  • Options
    timo_w2stimo_w2s Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV3 Eesti is on satellite?! Cool, I love that channel. I can get it easily via a terrerstial aerial pointing at Tallinn from Helsinki.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV3 Eesti has indeed been fta for a few days. Enjoy - its certain to encrypt in the near future.

TV21 & Koha TV are fta on 5E as well. Both were showing films in English last night with Albanian subtitles
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV3 Poland now reported fta on 19E 10862H
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TV3 Poland now reported fta on 19E 10862H

You sure?

I only get the two fta's listed on Lyngsat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was definitely free to air this morning. Still flagged as encrypted. If i've read transponder-news right this is a permanent change.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TVP3 must be only free at times - they were definitely encrypted late last night
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I got if FTA last night - as mentioned it was still showing as an encrypted channel but it was there - though not really worth shouting about from what I've seen so far!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking about FTA gems, the Six Nations kicks off tomorrow and all the Welsh games are FTA on S4C digidol. Wales V England tommorow.
  • Options
    timo_w2stimo_w2s Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV3 Eesti seems to have gone this morning unless it's just my reception (60cm dish) but it was coming in strong all yesterday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No its gone ive checked reports nothing yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gems for Radiorob is the approximately 15 classical music radio stations from public broadcasters (RAI Italy, RNE Spain, all the German public orgs, SRG Swiss) doing their uninterrupted thing day and night on Hotbird and Astra 19.2 degrees.

It's such a luxury to have these advert-free stations to relax to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TCM is fta on Astra 2

12051 V 27500 2/3 ID "7101"

It is blocked to regular SKY Digiboxes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    remlap wrote:
    TCM is fta on Astra 2

12051 V 27500 2/3 ID "7101"

It is blocked to regular SKY Digiboxes.

I wonder what all of this is about and how long it will last. TCM is starting up a second channel. Wouldn't it be nice if it made one of them FTA (the slight crackling, rustling sound you can hear is me clutching at straws).