Options

Kylie Schmiley ????

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
Forum Member
✭✭
Her biggest fan tabloid hammering her.Though why anyone thinks she would have got all these awards and be getting invites to appear at lofty events had she NOT got sick I have no idea.Obviously gone to her head.

The SUN :

KYLIE Minogue acted like a proper diva backstage on Strictly Come Dancing.

The Can’t Get You Out Of My Head singer demanded a CLOSED studio to rehearse before recording her gig for Sunday’s results show.

She even excluded Strictly’s celeb contestants, leaving them Spinning Around in anger.

One star, who shall remain nameless, moaned: “We’re on this show too.

“Maybe she shouldn’t be allowed to watch us dance!”

Kylie, 39, kicked up her fuss on Saturday, just hours before recording for the next night.

A source at the BBC1 show said: “Kylie was quite demanding.

“Everyone was a bit miffed they had to leave when she rehearsed.

“We were delighted to have someone of Kylie’s stature on the show but she did act like a diva.”

TV viewers were also unimpressed – Strictly’s website was flooded with fans claiming Kylie MIMED, out of time, to her new single Two Hearts.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stewing, you cannot critisise the sainted angel that is Kylie, haven't you learned that already.:D:D

She has always been a diva, this little nice girl act is just that, an act and now she feels she is too important to even continue with the act.

IMO she has never been able to sing, was a cheesy actress at best and must be incredibly needy if her past relationships are anything to go by.
  • Options
    weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    Stewing wrote: »
    Her biggest fan tabloid hammering her.Though why anyone thinks she would have got all these awards and be getting invites to appear at lofty events had she NOT got sick I have no idea.Obviously gone to her head.

The SUN :

KYLIE Minogue acted like a proper diva backstage on Strictly Come Dancing.

The Can’t Get You Out Of My Head singer demanded a CLOSED studio to rehearse before recording her gig for Sunday’s results show.

She even excluded Strictly’s celeb contestants, leaving them Spinning Around in anger.

One star, who shall remain nameless, moaned: “We’re on this show too.

“Maybe she shouldn’t be allowed to watch us dance!”

Kylie, 39, kicked up her fuss on Saturday, just hours before recording for the next night.

A source at the BBC1 show said: “Kylie was quite demanding.

“Everyone was a bit miffed they had to leave when she rehearsed.

“We were delighted to have someone of Kylie’s stature on the show but she did act like a diva.”

TV viewers were also unimpressed – Strictly’s website was flooded with fans claiming Kylie MIMED, out of time, to her new single Two Hearts.

she *mimed* to what sounded like two tom cats caterwauling on a hot tin roof?????? :eek::eek::eek:

why???

or did someone put the wrong mix in ;):D

well I never........

(and she DID miss her lines in the song ;) LOTS of times :eek: :o )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did not watch so cannot comment re miming, the rest I know , but found this from an Aus paper on the most "down times " celebs of 2007.!!!! Paris was 1,Posh was 2, based on column inches of crimes and misdemeanors and plain narcissism etc.....

14 Kylie Minogue

The gay icon continues to attract attention without resorting to drugs, death or crime. Her diagnosis with breast cancer in 2005 won our sympathy, while we feel her pain about her on-off relationship with Olivier Martinez. Admittedly, Kylies's limited singing ability, evident yet again on new album X, tests our patience but no amount of caterwauling will dim the affection of legions of gay men. Just don't let her in front of a film camera.

Ooops !! And I have criticized her since her comeback from musical void in 2000..ignored her before that .All this "icon" hype since 2005 ,and unjustified awards in 2007 for everything you can think of , and invites to head up everywhere is obviously taken HRH over the arrogant edge .She has always believed her own hype in tabloids a glowing, now she is possessed.!!!
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    Don't believe everything you read in The Sun. That paper is well known for it's bull.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay! Yet another Kylie thread! :D:D

I have to admit her performance on SCD was dodgy.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Certainly looks like miming
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWhvlscVljo
  • Options
    MelodybearMelodybear Posts: 10,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »

I confess, I thought it was live...and awful.she was wearing earplugs which they normally do when singing live or to be fair perhaps she couldn't stand the sound of her own voice!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »

It sounded quite off-key to begin with, which suggests it was live, but towards the end the music was out of sync with her voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently, she's going to be on the final of the X Factor singing with the two finalists. I shall look forward to it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cowell will be gutted that SCD had the 'exclusive' performance first!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Cowell will be gutted that SCD had the 'exclusive' performance first!!

He's got Dannii (lucky man), he shouldn't be greedy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He probably fancies Dannii anyway. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    He probably fancies Dannii anyway. :D

I don't blame him, so do I. She's gorgeous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she *mimed* to what sounded like two tom cats caterwauling on a hot tin roof?????? :eek::eek::eek:

why???

or did someone put the wrong mix in ;):D

well I never........

(and she DID miss her lines in the song ;) LOTS of times :eek: :o )

Has it not occurred to you that she is still in recovery from a major illness? Who knows what it's done to her, give her a break.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did not watch so cannot comment re miming, the rest I know , but found this from an Aus paper on the most "down times " celebs of 2007.!!!! Paris was 1,Posh was 2, based on column inches of crimes and misdemeanors and plain narcissism etc.....

14 Kylie Minogue

The gay icon continues to attract attention without resorting to drugs, death or crime. Her diagnosis with breast cancer in 2005 won our sympathy, while we feel her pain about her on-off relationship with Olivier Martinez. Admittedly, Kylies's limited singing ability, evident yet again on new album X, tests our patience but no amount of caterwauling will dim the affection of legions of gay men. Just don't let her in front of a film camera.

Ooops !! And I have criticized her since her comeback from musical void in 2000..ignored her before that .All this "icon" hype since 2005 ,and unjustified awards in 2007 for everything you can think of , and invites to head up everywhere is obviously taken HRH over the arrogant edge .She has always believed her own hype in tabloids a glowing, now she is possessed.!!!

Oops indeed. Did you say you were a journalist or something or you'd been paid to write a review somewhere on Kylie?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has it not occurred to you that she is still in recovery from a major illness? Who knows what it's done to her, give her a break.

Oh purlzeeze........................ give it up it was almost three years ago. She was never terminal and what has it got to do with her swinging/miming etc.....
    I had breast cancer in 1885 ( am same age as she is for record) and worked through most ( but not all ) of chemo. and was fine a year later ..all forgotten but I had no PR to milk.

Her fans make me vomit with this ongoing soap opera. Cancer is a big deal, BUT it is over...... and very few patients get to suffer and recover in such luxury with a gazillion minions on hand for every need.

Nope I am not a "journalist" but an occasional author for mags or Broadsheets. I am one a few careers..Project Manager for Events Organiser, Book Editor, PT author/columnist, and PT art charity exhibition organizer.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...I had breast cancer in 1885...

:eek::eek::p
  • Options
    rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    Oh purlzeeze........................ give it up it was almost three years ago. She was never terminal and what has it got to do with her swinging/miming etc.....
    I had breast cancer in 1885 ( am same age as she is for record) and worked through most ( but not all ) of chemo. and was fine a year later ..all forgotten but I had no PR to milk.

Her fans make me vomit with this ongoing soap opera. Cancer is a big deal, BUT it is over...... and very few patients get to suffer and recover in such luxury with a gazillion minions on hand for every need.

Nope I am not a "journalist" but an occasional author for mags or Broadsheets. I am one a few careers..Project Manager for Events Organiser, Book Editor, PT author/columnist, and PT art charity exhibition organizer.

i was thinking that when i read it, my mum in her 70's had ovarian cancer and diabetes and was just left to get on with chemo/radiotherapy,wasnt even assigned a nurse to help,had gruelling hospital sessions and still held down a part time job in a cancer charity shop, with never a murmur of pity or complaint,and women all over the world just get on with it because they have to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I suppose you think that cancer just goes away in 5 minutes. If you yourself had it in 1885, I can believe it, then you'll know that it can still come back. As far as I am aware, you're not completely out of the woods for 5 years and how do you know how it may still be affecting Kylie's body? Just because you may have gotten over it a year later, it doesn't mean it's the same for everyone :rolleyes:

Kylie is not milking PR. If you were in the public eye and kept getting asked about it, you'd talk about it too. Has it not occurred to you that speaking about it may be cathartic for her, or some sort of release? Please try and keep your hatred of her in check and give the woman a break.

With regards to the bit I've outlined in black, I can only assume you've had a ghost writer :D :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rolergirl wrote: »
    i was thinking that when i read it, my mum in her 70's had ovarian cancer and diabetes and was just left to get on with chemo/radiotherapy,wasnt even assigned a nurse to help,had gruelling hospital sessions and still held down a part time job in a cancer charity shop, with never a murmur of pity or complaint,and women all over the world just get on with it because they have to.

Kylie just got on with it too. Just because she's in the public eye and everyone knows every single thing about her, it doesn't mean she's not just 'getting on with it' :rolleyes:. She did and she did so wonderfully. All this sniping that there is just because she has the money to help herself is out of control. So you people wouldn't do exactly the same thing as she did if you had her money, ie the best care, the best treatment, no of course you wouldn't :rolleyes: You'd just suffer with it badly and risk death because you were worried about what those poorer than you would think :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That doesn't sound like Kylie at all. She's well known for her non-diva-ish attitude. I find it very hard to believe this article, seeing as it comes from The Sun!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member

bothered???

unfortunately my mum did not *recover* from her major illness but even at her worst times was still up and able to go and help with meals for the old folk - and she was 85 at the time!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

she didn't have private health care; she wasn't able to go into "recovery" aboard a very nice ocean going yacht in the South of France; she didn't have anyone waiting on her hand and foot (only us :o ) and most of HER hospital treatment was spent lying on trolley in a geriatric ward, full of patients whose bodies, souls and minds were befuddled due to age and mental deficiencies! :mad: - and one thing my mum wasn't was geriatric!!

my mum would have loved to have been "in recovery" ;):(:cry:

Kylie is not performing for my benefit thank you :rolleyes:
  • Options
    WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    bothered???

unfortunately my mum did not *recover* from her major illness but even at her worst times was still up and able to go and help with meals for the old folk - at she was 85 at the time!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Kylie is not performing for my benefit thank you :rolleyes:

My mum died from breast cancer - Kylie doesn't perform for my benefit either. Sorry about your mum weedle. :cry:

Just because Kylie had cancer and recovered from it doesn't
    make the woman a saint. It was caught in the very early stages. Just because she's famous makes her no different from women who fight it every year without fanfare and publicity.

A friend of mine has just finished chemo for breast cancer, and is going for radiotherapy next week. She had a mastectomy of one breast and 16 lymph nodes removed before chemo. She's done all this with great fortitude and patience, still worked part time, and run her home.

She hasn't asked for praise or publicity, and Kylie shouldn't be called 'brave' all the time because she's a famous face.
    My friend is just as brave.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie just got on with it too. Just because she's in the public eye and everyone knows every single thing about her, it doesn't mean she's not just 'getting on with it' :rolleyes:

I agree that Kylie isn't milking her cancer, and I don't think we can really blame her because she was fortunate enough to have an early diagnosis and the best medical care money can buy.

However, I can understand why people get annoyed when others use her cancer to turn her into a saint, or to deflect any criticism that goes her way. I don't know if The Sun are telling the truth about Kylie being a diva, but if they made up the bit about the closed set, they'd get found out soon enough. It seems unnecessary, and she is the only singer I know of who moved their microphone to the front of the dance floor, so that she stayed the centre of attention once the dancers came on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you guys deaf? of course it was sung live, you can clearly hear it!
    The diva story is a total lie anyway. This is from the BBC:

Contrary to press reports, Kylie did sing live on the show.
    [04 December 2007]

The BBC would like to reiterate that Kylie Mingoue performed live vocals and did not at any point mime whilst she was performing.

Contrary to press speculation it was in fact the BBC that requested a closed set for Kylie Minogue's rehearsal on Saturday 1/12/07 and not a request of Ms Minogue or any parties involved with her.

This is not an unusual procedure as it is standard practise for the Strictly Come Dancing set. Closed set policy applies to presenter block throughs, dress rehearsals and music artists rehearsals. This is done to ensure minimum distraction for all parties.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/news/2007/12/04/51234.shtml