BBC One
13:45- Doctors: 1.45m (19.3%)
19:30- Fake Britain: 4.51m
20:00- Waterloo Road: 4.27m (19.1%)
21:00- The Apprentice: 6.99m (28.6%)

BBC Two
20:00- Our Food: 1.72m (7.7%)
21:00- Divine Women: 981k (4%)
22:00- The Apprentice: You're Fired!: 2.79m (13.8%)

ITV1
19:00- Emmerdale: 6.37m (32.3%) , +1:178k (0.8%)
20:00- Foyle's War: 3.31m (14.2%) , +1: 137k (0.6%)

Channel 4
20:00- Four Rooms: 1.34m (6%) , +1: 110k (0.5%)
21:00- The Sinking of the Concordia: Caught on Camera: 1.93m (7.9%) , +1: 510k (2.8%)

Channel 5
20:00- Cowboy Traders: 1.25m (5.6%)
21:00- NCIS: 1.73m (7.1%)
22:00- Law & Order: Criminal Intent: 1.09m (5.8%)

Updating...
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1641475

Comments

• rztrzt Posts: 21,363
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Wednesday 11th April Overnights
      BBC One
      13:45- Doctors: 1.45m (19.3%)
      19:30- Fake Britain: 4.51m
      20:00- Waterloo Road: 4.27m (19.1%)
      21:00- The Apprentice: 6.99m (28.6%)
      22:35- The National Lottery Draws: 3.34m

BBC Two
      20:00- Our Food: 1.72m (7.7%)
      21:00- Divine Women: 981k (4%)
      22:00- The Apprentice: You're Fired!: 2.79m (13.8%)

ITV1
      19:00- Emmerdale: 6.37m (32.3%) , +1:178k (0.8%)
      20:00- Foyle's War: 3.31m (14.2%) , +1: 137k (0.6%)

Channel 4
      18:30- Hollyoaks: 918k (5.0%)
      20:00- Four Rooms: 1.34m (6%) , +1: 110k (0.5%)
      21:00- The Sinking of the Concordia: Caught on Camera: 1.93m (7.9%) , +1: 510k (2.8%)
      22:00- 10 O'Clock Live: 898k (4.84%) , +1: 124k (1.1%)
      * overnight series average: 869k (4.92%)

Channel 5
      13:45- Neighbours: 722k (9.5%)
      17:30- Neighbours: 1.02m (6.8%)
      18:00- Home and Away: 705k (4.1%)
      20:00- Cowboy Traders: 1.25m (5.6%)
      21:00- NCIS: 1.73m (7.1%) , +1: 146k (0.8%)
      22:00- Law & Order: Criminal Intent: 1.09m (5.8%)

Primetime Shares
      BBC One: 22.8%
      ITV1: 14.5% (+1: 0.6%)
      BBC Two: 7.5%
      Channel 4: 5.7% (+1: 1%)
      Channel 5: 5.4% (+1: 0.3%)

Ratings include HD and are tape-checked where necessary

Multichannel
      5*
      18:30- Home and Away: 475k (2.6%)

5USA
      21:00- Justified: 184k (0.8%)

Alibi (inc +1)
      21:00- Castle: 229k

Dave (inc +1)
      20:00- Man V Food: 251k

E4
      18:30- The Big Bang Theory: 877k (inc +1)
      19:00- Hollyoaks: 353k (1.8%) , +1: 127k (0.6%)
      22:10- Alien vs Predator: 399k (inc +1)

Film4 (inc +1)
      21:00- Muriel's Wedding: 283k

ITV2 (inc +1)
      21:00- Peter Andre: My Life: 1.2m

More4 (inc +1)
      21:00- The Secret Millionaire: 257k

Really (inc +1)
      21:00- The Boy Who Gave Birth To His Twin: 145k

Sky Living
      21:00- The Secret Circle: 161k (0.7%)
      22:00- Grey's Anatomy:190k (1%)

Universal (inc +1)
      22:00- Breakout Kings: 84k (0.46%)
      * below slot average of: 94k (0.53%)

Sources: Attentional, Broadcast, C4Sales, DS (1) (2)
    • SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
      Administrator
      Archive
      - Prelude (Christmas 2006)
      - Part 1 (January 2007 to April 2008)
      - Part 2 (April 2008 to October 2008)
      - Part 3 (October 2008 to August 2009) unavailable to read
      - Part 4 (August 2009 to October 2009)
      - Part 5 (October 2009 to December 2009)
      - Part 6 (December 2009 to February 2010)
      - Part 7 (February and March 2010)
      - Part 8 (March 2010 to May 2010)
      - Part 9 (May and June 2010)
      - Part 10 (June 2010 to August 2010)
      - Part 11 (August and September 2010)
      - Part 12 (September and October 2010)
      - Part 13 (October and November 2010)
      - Part 14 (November and December 2010)
      - Part 15 (December 2010 and January 2011)
      - Part 16 (January and February 2011)
      - Part 17 (February and March 2011)
      - Part 18 (March and April 2011)
      - Part 19 (April and May 2011)
      - Part 20 (May and June 2011)
      - Part 21 (June and July 2011)
      - Part 22 (July and August 2011)
      - Part 23 (August 2011)
      - Part 24 (30th August - 19th September 2011)
      - Part 25 (19th September - 12th October)
      - Part 26 (12th October - 1st November)
      - Part 27 (November 1st - 23rd November)
      - Part 28 (November - December 2011)
      - Part 29 (December 2011)
      - Part 30 (December 2011 - January 2012)
      - Part 31 (January - February 2012)
      - Part 32 (February - March 2012)
      - Part 33 (March - April 2012)
      ---> Part 34
      ** Credit to D.M.N. for Archive.
    • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Not much to shout about really last night in fact my TV was not on most the night.
    • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I'm surprised ITV put a Foyle's War repeat on last night, seemed a bit of random scheduling. Don't they have any new Midsomer Murders' on the shelf?

The Apprentice did well, even if lower than previous years, 7m is still a great rating for any channel, let alone BBC One.
    • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
      Forum Member
      Amazed that The Apprentice is holding up so well, dullest series ever IMO, mind there really is nothing else on.:)
    • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,483
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The Apprentice up but surprisedto see it against a Foyle's War repeat.
    • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Sharon Marshall on This Morning said that the EastEnders Omnibus was being moved to late-night Fridays to prevent it being "thrown around due to the Olympics". Which I thought was an odd argument, considering the first showing will be getting thrown around itself I imagine.
    • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      D.M.N. wrote: »
      I'm surprised ITV put a Foyle's War repeat on last night, seemed a bit of random scheduling. Don't they have any new Midsomer Murders' on the shelf?

AFAIA all the completed episodes have now been shown.

Only two episodes were commissioned last year and were filmed in September and shown recently.
    • AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,403
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      D.M.N. wrote: »
      Sharon Marshall on This Morning said that the EastEnders Omnibus was being moved to late-night Fridays to prevent it being "thrown around due to the Olympics". Which I thought was an odd argument, considering the first showing will be getting thrown around itself I imagine.
      I suppose you could argue that having a consistent slot in place for the omnibus is going to be important if the first run episodes are going to be all over the schedule. I'd suggest the bigger flaw in this argument is that they've decided hat slot should be late night on Fridays. Hardly the most obvious or convenient of slots. In general though I would imagine that the same night repeats on BBC3 in particular have probably rendered the omnibus pretty much pointless at this stage. Particularly given how popular the BBC3 repeats are.
    • MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
      Forum Member
      AlexiR wrote: »
      I suppose you could argue that having a consistent slot in place for the omnibus is going to be important if the first run episodes are going to be all over the schedule. I'd suggest the bigger flaw in this argument is that they've decided hat slot should be late night on Fridays. Hardly the most obvious or convenient of slots. In general though I would imagine that the same night repeats on BBC3 in particular have probably rendered the omnibus pretty much pointless at this stage. Particularly given how popular the BBC3 repeats are.

Considering that all the repeats are on BBC3, why didnt they just move the omnibus to BBC3. I know that the Olympics will cause a problem for those 16 days - but it could easily fill a void on a Sunday evening on BBC3. Or is that just a tad logical ? I think that maybe the BBC are trying to boost the first showings with a midnight repeat. Stay up late or just watch it when its first shown.
    • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      It does seem silly to have midnight omnibuses, the BBC3 10pm rerun pulls in a decent rating already. Do they really need the omnibus edition, yes it is a cheap way to fill 2 hours. Ideally BBC1 ought have as few repeats as possible (less ammo for the DM) I see the BBC3 reruns getting record ratings this summer due to sports etc affecting 1st transmission ratings.
    • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Apparently the BBC are saying that with the BBC3 repeats, i-player and PVRs there is little need for an EE Omnibus these days.Personally I think it's a prelude to them dumping it altogether, the Olympics argument doesn't stand up.I believe the actors get about a third of their original fees for the repeat so a few people in Albert Square might not be too happy.
    • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
      Forum Member
      That's a disappointing start for Breakout Kings, launching below the slot average. It flopped in Australia too, not sure why. Nice though to see Justified growing its audience, up over 50% on the series premiere a couple of weeks ago.

And as far as the most popular shows are concerned, very good rating indeed for The Apprentice. Like newkid30 I'm somewhat surprised as I don't think it's been half as good this series as previous years and I did kind of expect that to be reflected in the figures, but no, the audience remains extremely loyal.
    • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      ftv wrote: »
      Apparently the BBC are saying that with the BBC3 repeats, i-player and PVRs there is little need for an EE Omnibus these days.Personally I think it's a prelude to them dumping it altogether, the Olympics argument doesn't stand up.I believe the actors get about a third of their original fees for the repeat so a few people in Albert Square might not be too happy.

I am one who hopes that the beeb dont get rid of the omnibus on sunday. It is the only day that generally has nothing else on that I wish to record, otherwise recording for OH every day may become problematic.

Could switch to iplayer, but is a pain plugging in the laptop, and the quality is never as good.

On ratings, TA is doing far better than I thought it would, as most people I know who were regular viewers have dumped it.
    • AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,403
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      US Ratings Wednesday 11 April

Led by two hours of American Idol Fox easily won the night and after a season of downward momentum American Idol was steady week-on-week and pending the usual upward adjustment in the finals is probably up vs. last week. Over two hours it averaged a 4.9

ABC's comedy block returned with original episodes this week and new comedy Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23 made its debut. Its hard to know what to compare Apartment 23 to – its above recent Happy Endings episodes but those were running out of repeats and its below were Happy Endings started its season. It is however on par with Happy Endings episodes from midseason that were running out of Modern Family but Modern Family was rating better then. So a decent but not spectacular start. For the rest of the block The Middle and Suburgatory were steady and Modern Family returned down four tenths.

Over on CBS dropped to a series low whilst Criminal Minds was even with its last original. At 10PM CSI was down 21%.

After a positive Tuesday night the ratings woes returned with a vengeance for NBC last night. Off Their Rockers dropped two tenths and BFF dropped 25% on its way to being cancelled failing to crack a 1. Rock Center was down 25% and only a tenth ahead of America's Top Model on The CW. At 10PM SVU couldn't beat a recap special of Revenge on ABC.

ABC
      8PM: The Middle – 2.1 [7.04]
      8:30PM: Suburgatory – 2.1 [6.11]
      9PM: Modern Family – 4.1 [10.25]
      9:30PM: Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23 – 2.9 [6.98]
      10PM: Revenge: From the Beginning – 1.6 [5.57]

CBS
      8PM: Survivor – 2.6 [9.63]
      9PM: Criminal Minds – 3.0[11.17]
      10PM: CSI – 2.3 [9.80]

Fox
      8PM: American Idol – 4.7 [15.62]
      9PM: American Idol – 5.1 [17.17]

NBC
      8PM: Betty White's Off Their Rockers – 1.6 [6.16]
      8:30PM: BFF – 0.9 [2.94]
      9PM: Rock Centerr with Brian Williams – 0.6 [2.75]
      10PM: Law & Order: SVU – 1.6 [5.42]

The CW
      8PM: America's Next Top Model [r] – 0.4 [0.95]
      9PM: America's Next Top Model – 0.5 [1.03]
    • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      How is The Apprentice doing compared to last year. There doesn't seem to be much buzz around it, but that may be because of The Voice/BGT dominating proceedings.
    • ScoreScore Posts: 17,281
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Andy23 wrote: »
      How is The Apprentice doing compared to last year. There doesn't seem to be much buzz around it, but that may be because of The Voice/BGT dominating proceedings.

The overnights for the first 4 episodes are down -10% on last year's first 4, averaging 6.57m compared to 7.33m last year. It's still doing well though considering how poor this series had been so far, and it does seem to be on the rise (although last night's episode was still half a million below episode 4 last year).
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,733
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Does anyone think that America will ever change the way they broadcast their shows?

The constant breaks in runs are a nightmare for the viewer, and the ratings go down quite dramatically too- Modern Family is down around 4million- they had a new episode last night after a two week break, and now have a 4 week break until the next new episode.

New Girl also suffered a lot because of the frequent breaks, Glee also.

I can understand the odd break as they are 24 episode seasons but surely it would be better to have it split into 3 chunks of 8 rather than 2 episodes here, 3 here and 1 there.

What is the main reasoning behind the erratic and confusing breaks?
    • 5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,556
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Does anyone think that America will ever change the way they broadcast their shows?

The constant breaks in runs are a nightmare for the viewer, and the ratings go down quite dramatically too- Modern Family is down around 4million- they had a new episode last night after a two week break, and now have a 4 week break until the next new episode.

I can understand the odd break as they are 24 episode seasons but surely it would be better to have it split into 3 chunks of 8 rather than 2 episodes here, 3 here and 1 there.

They seem to be doing that with quite a few programmes this year (Vampire Diaries, Seth MacFarlane's shows and many others).

I'm sure it wasn't as bad as this last year. All it seems to do is alienate a significant portion of the audience.
    • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's down to ad revenue and how costs are calculated, but someone should be able to confirm. I agree that the breaks seem ridiculous as a lot of shows take a massive hit. After riding a crest of a wave before the break, CBS are suddenly hitting series low after series low.

On the other side of the Atlantic I think the relative lack of opposition is helping The Apprentice; it'll be interesting to see how it does against Chelsea v Barcelona next week. Foyle's War did ok for a repeat...I wonder whether it'd hold up at that level in flop zone? Channel 4 and Channel 5 had decent nights, and You're Fired certainly gained a lot on it's lead in for BBC Two.
    • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The Apprentice is really underwhelming so far this year. There don't seem to be any big characters or classic comic moments driving the series forward. I can see this series staying in the mid 6s if things don't pick up in future episodes.
    • Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,816
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Markynotts wrote: »
      Considering that all the repeats are on BBC3, why didnt they just move the omnibus to BBC3. I know that the Olympics will cause a problem for those 16 days - but it could easily fill a void on a Sunday evening on BBC3. Or is that just a tad logical ?

It wouldn't really work on Sunday evenings on BBC3 because it would have to be after seven o'clock and so it would look a bit pathetic in primetime. I know that slot is mostly repeats anyway but you know what I mean. Also they'd have to shove it around for Glasto and things like that.

To me the most obvious problem seems to be that if you're out on a Friday, you'll miss all three opportunities to see that day's episode (never mind the fact it'll be on three times in six hours then never again). But then the BBC3 repeat is quite consistent, in contrast to the appalling Corrie repeat schedule on ITV2.
      Fudd wrote: »
      Channel 4 and Channel 5 had decent nights, and You're Fired certainly gained a lot on it's lead in for BBC Two.

I think if there's ever a programme where the lead-in has no relevance whatsoever, it's You're Fired, because surely absolutely nobody will be watching that and not The Apprentice. It's always impressive that the ratings for that and the Ten O'Clock News suggest that everyone watching The Apprentice either switches to BBC2 or stays with BBC1, rather than going elsewhere. And at least it's on a different channel unlike the pointless Springwatch Extra shows that are straight after the main programme.
    • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

Me's thinking Amanda Holden unavailable.

I cross my fingers for a funny hit sitcom but I don't hold my breath.
    • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 23,984
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      And we're back.

C5 have picked up the US version of Fear Factor to run on 5*: http://www.c21media.net/archives/80193

ITV have lost Bond movies to Sky but commissioned Doors Open with Dougie Henshall and Stephen Fry - based on an Ian Rankin novel where a self-made millionaire, an art professor and a banker who come together to undertake an audacious art heist. http://www.c21media.net/archives/80206

(Random thought but I wonder how well Bond would translate into a TV series)

And BBC4 will air The Spies of Warsaw, a co-production betweeen BBC America and Fresh Pictures (headed up by Jamie Oliver), starring David Tennant and French and German espionage operatives just before the Second World War. http://www.c21media.net/archives/80173

And as I've been reading C21Media.net, some info on the pilots for CBS, ABC, Fox and NBC you may be interested in.
    This discussion has been closed.