Rooney doesn't want Van Gaal as MU manager...

SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
Forum Member
According to reports, Wayne Rooney has allegedly had the impertinence to ask senior club officials at Old Trafford NOT to appoint Louis Van Gaal. That won't exactly please Van Gall will it? It appears Rooney is not a fan of Van Gaal's hard line methods. It would also appear that Van Gaal is highly likely to play Rooney in midfield which as we know is not Rooney's favoured position.

In the end, no doubt Rooney will be ignored and told to check the interest in his bulging bank balance. If Van Gaal is appointed, he should probably make Roy Keane his assistant - although I accept they could clash. This may not be popular with the existing squad, but many of those will be on their way in the summer anyway. Van Gaal seems very similar to the no nonsense Ferguson and it would appear that is what united are used to and will require to get them going again.

I understand Alex Ferguson was more in favour of Ryan Giggs as permanent manager. That is more than likely because AF would have a good deal of influence over him. Van Gaal would probably just tell Ferguson to go away if he tried to interfere!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/29/is-wayne-rooney-set-for-even-more-manchester-united-upheaval-if-louis-van-gaal-becomes-manager-4712484/

Comments

• Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keane would be more likely to clash with a certain board member, than any of the players.

As for the Rooney stuff, sounds like a load of rubbish to me.
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Keane would be more likely to clash with a certain board member, than any of the players.

As for the Rooney stuff, sounds like a load of rubbish to me.

I doubt the rest of the MU board will give much of a toss about whether Ferguson likes or dislikes who is appointed next given his disastrous recommendation of David Moyes as manager.

Manchester United have to hit the ground running next season and the MU board will obviously make that their priority.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stegan wrote: »
    I doubt the rest of the MU board will give much of a toss about whether Ferguson likes or dislikes who is appointed next given his disastrous recommendation of David Moyes as manager.

Manchester United have to hit the ground running next season and the MU board will obviously make that their priority.

And you think that Roy Keane would have any impact on that?

He would only be a negative presence at the club, as much as I love the man.
  • TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    The woory to me is that I keep reading that VG wants to bring FIVE of his coaching staff with him. Sounds like another recipe for upsetting everyone!

Personally I don't even like the look of him........ :(
  • FireincairoFireincairo Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    why should he appoint roy keane as assistant? The man has pretty much failed as manager before. Takes more than just being outspoken to be a good coach. Besides, van gaal reportedly wants to bring his own coaches with him.
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should be fun waiting for the car crash

Louis Van Gaal - "¡Siempre negativo, nunca positivo!"

http://youtu.be/VhERJW3ftkw

Here is Mourinho's first press conference as a coach as Van Gall's assistant

Mourinho & Van Gaal (1998) FC Barcelona

http://youtu.be/-37cRsM1_5k
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Wayne can just demand a pay rise or he'll be leaving!
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,875
    Forum Member
    I feel he wouldn't take any lip or dis-respect from the players/media!
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a blog, not a report. Metro is a pile of shit anyway.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    That's a blog, not a report. Metro is a pile of shit anyway.

The stories made up about Rooney recently have been ridiculous.

He and RVP are supposed to be on bad terms cos Rooney is not happy LVG is coming in to make RVP his main man.

He is also supposed to be angry that he won't be captain cos RVP will be when LGV is in charge.

And of course, now the latest, that Rooney has said he doesn't want LVG as his boss. Presumably whoever made it up read (or actually made up) the previous two stories ... and then came up with this one.

The sooner this LVG appointment is done and dusted the better, then bored hacks can stop making things up about Rooney and actually have something factual to write about!
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Recently read a book called fear & loathing in la liga. And there a very good chapter about lvg, time at Barcelona in which they won few la liga titles but fell out wwith non Dutch players when at barca, the most high profile fall out was with stoichkov at the time best player in Europe, he (stoichkov is scathing about van gal, and says he has his own way of doing things, he also fallen out with RVP, in past too, he also (lvg) Durant like high profile or players with images, above their station according to Berkamp
    Watch sparks fly if lvg is appointed
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Interesting that many of the MU players were advocating Ryan Giggs as permanent manager - including Alex Ferguson. I suspect the players had a relatively easy time under David Moyes and they know that would probably have continued with the easy going Giggs. I imagine they don't much fancy LVG as manager having heard about his hard line reputation.

Louis Van Gaal adopts a strict authoritarian approach to management and obviously insists that things be done his way. I think he will come in and start the massive clear out required. If Rooney starts playing up, I think he will also be dispensed with pretty quickly. There is a big job to be done at MU and I doubt he will let anyone get in the way of that.

I accept that Roy Keane as LVG's assistant is unlikely but I really think it could work. Giggs will probably be given that role - or LGV may surprise us with someone we never even thought of. Eitherway, it's going to be very interesting at MU in the coming months that's for sure.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A non-story from the Metro.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stegan wrote: »
    I accept that Roy Keane as LVG's assistant is unlikely but I really think it could work. Giggs will probably be given that role - or LGV may surprise us with someone we never even thought of. Eitherway, it's going to be very interesting at MU in the coming months that's for sure.

If Van Gaal comes in, I'd expect him to appoint Kluivert as assistant manager.
  • Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Roy Keane is also the Republic of Ireland assistant manager.