Options

Sound & Color by Alabama Shakes

TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone listened to it yet?

I think it's a fantastic album. All the blues, soul, funk and rock influences are present and accounted for. There are also some very nice psyche meanderings throughout the album.

Definitely recommended.

Comments

• Options
    belly buttonbelly button Posts: 17,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone listened to it yet?

I think it's a fantastic album. All the blues, soul, funk and rock influences are present and accounted for. There are also some very nice psyche meanderings throughout the album.

Definitely recommended.

Thanks for the heads up. Just listened to 'Don't Wanna Fight' and really really liked it :)
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having heard a few tracks I was seriously considering buying it, but the consensus of reviews and online posts seems to be that it starts well but the songwriting isn't strong enough for a full album. Some people are saying they should have dropped the final four or so songs and made it a shorter but more consistent album.
    Is this a fair comment?
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I have ears of cloth or something but I found it enjoyable from start to finish.

It is certainly a much more layered and complex album than the last. It will take multiple listenings before you can fully appreciate it.
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I have ears of cloth or something...

I doubt it. I was just commenting that some reviews had said they should have dropped some of the songs to make it a more consistently strong album. But there are lots of 5-star reviews around now so I'm inclined to think that some of the early reviewers were, er, mistaken.

I'll order it.