Options

Louis WILL be back.....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,140
Forum Member
EXCLUSIVE Walsh WILLgo back on X Factor ..then quit at the end of this series

LOUIS Walsh has been lured back to The X Factor - but only on the condition he can quit at the end of this series.

The Irish music mogul walked out on Tuesday, yet changed his mind just 24 hours later.

But insiders revealed Louis is still far from happy and Simon Cowell will release him from a clause in his contract tying him to a third series of the ITV show.

A TV source said: "Louis's decision to walk out threw everyone into a state of panic and the show's bosses were holding crisis talks to work out ways to persuade him to return.

"Both Louis and Sharon Osbourne have contractual agreements to appear in next year's series, if there is one, but Simon agreed to release him.

"Simon begged Louis not to quit because he didn't want it to have a negative impact on the show.

"It has also been pointed out to Louis that he would be in breach of contract if he just doesn't bother to turn up."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16406980%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=lou%2dturn%2d-name_page.html

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,683
    Forum Member
    Strange that they do one long article saying he WILL be back then put this at the end:

ITV said: "We're talking to Louis and HOPE we'll be able to persuade him to return to the show on Saturday." :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame :(
    It's probably our best chance of getting rid of the Conways if he stays out. :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there will be a third series and Sharon and Simon will defo be on it, but Louis won't? So does that mean he won't get paid the full £300,500?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So there will be a third series and Sharon and Simon will defo be on it, but Louis won't?

Simon has said he won't be doing the next series and Sharon has hinted she may not either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    No one said there was another one but if there was they are signed to do it that is all.. so if there is not they dont.. Louis wanted that clause out, but I agree this says back and then at the end says still in talks HONESTLY why put one thing then say another.

I wonder if this is all hype to up the viewing numbers which are falling and it goes head to head this week with Come Dancing.. that could be interesting I will be watching Come Dancing for the first 10 mins I think and taping X.

Simon wont have time to do another series he has two ventures in the States to deal with. I cannot see there being another X factor, but I could see Pop Idol coming back MINUS Simon Cowell though.. we will see.

Louis could get out of that contract as well as it is called bullying and that is one thing that could be upheld in court and get him out fully paid as well.

GG
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    I wish louis would make up his mind he either goes and never comes back on stays and puts up with it
  • Options
    SusannSusann Posts: 31,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( Was hoping he wasn't returning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,821
    Forum Member
    On GMTv this morning Ben Sheppard who does the Xtra Factor said he honestly didn't know whether Louis would be back. He said there's some show on ITV2 tommorow at 8 where he interviews the acts and the judges and if Louis wasn't there then then it was unlikely he would be there on Saturday.
  • Options
    Steven GSteven G Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    All one big stunt anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope he doesnt bother coming back... this whole episode has just shown how completely unprofessional he is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xtra Factor: Xcess all areas! Louis better be back, it won't be the same without him, even though i dislike the man! I hope he does the third series (if there is one) along with Shaz and Simon! Sharon said she wasn't doing one but has signed a contract to say she will if it happened so maybe Simon is in the same boat as Sharon? I think personally that Simon's comment in the papers were going a little far, yes they could be seen as funny and the british sense of humour but it isn't fair on Louis! Although i'm also thinking he made horrible comments to Simon and especially Sharon regularly and i think they just got p-ed with him and i say if you can't take it don't dish it out Louis!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he doesnt bother coming back... this whole episode has just shown how completely unprofessional he is.

In which profession do people expect to execute their duties and then expect to get hatemail and spat at in the street?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Although i'm also thinking he made horrible comments to Simon and especially Sharon regularly and i think they just got p-ed with him and i say if you can't take it don't dish it out Louis!

Exactly! He cant take it, threw his toys out of his pram and then came back in less than 24hrs!

He's making himself look even more stupid, if thats possible!. Simon has had horrendous things said about him, but do you see him throwing a hissy fit and quitting?? No, because he is a professional

Grow up Louis!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    willow1978 wrote:
    In which profession do people expect to execute their duties and then expect to get hatemail and spat at in the street?

Maybe he should have 'executed his duties' properly. Odd how Louis is happy to take pots at Simon all the time & expects him to take it. He couldnt honestly have expected to make the comments he did & not get a reaction from Sharon. As someone already said, he seems to be able to dish it out but isnt happy when people turn the tables on him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he should have 'executed his duties' properly. Odd how Louis is happy to take pots at Simon all the time & expects him to take it. He couldnt honestly have expected to make the comments he did & not get a reaction from Sharon. As someone already said, he seems to be able to dish it out but isnt happy when people turn the tables on him.

Do you have a specific complaint? It appears that his employers are not terminating his contract on grounds of nonperformance.

Do you think there is any job which should get you spat at?
  • Options
    susieroesusieroe Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Steven G wrote:
    All one big stunt anyone?

Goodness me, never!! :eek: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not in any way condoning him being spat at... that disgusting to have that done (although it DOES happen to other people in their day to day working life and they DONT quit) but I stand by my opinion he is being totally unprofessional. Hes quoting the boos, the water incident & Simon calling him an idiot as his reasons for quitting.

The boos he must have expected.....(and again other judges have been booed for their comments etc) the water incident, he deserved & jeez he calls Simon worse than that most weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can almost imagine the announcer on Saturday saying...

"and now on ITV1 - WWE, erm I mean X Factor"

It would be an easy mistake to make.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not in any way condoning him being spat at... that disgusting to have that done (although it DOES happen to other people in their day to day working life and they DONT quit) but I stand by my opinion he is being totally unprofessional. Hes quoting the boos, the water incident & Simon calling him an idiot as his reasons for quitting.

The boos he must have expected.....(and again other judges have been booed for their comments etc) the water incident, he deserved & jeez he calls Simon worse than that most weeks.

So because Simon is a bit tougher than Louis, Louis should put up with something he doesn't find acceptable for work? He doesn't need the job or the money, why should he put up with it?

And who gets spat at in the course of their work?
  • Options
    marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon has said he won't be doing the next series and Sharon has hinted she may not either.

They can't possibly plan another series until the Cowell v Fuller court case is resolved. If Fuller wins, Cowell would have to come up with another idea for a show...he might not be allowed to go on woth this format.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    willow1978 wrote:
    So because Simon is a bit tougher than Louis, Louis should put up with something he doesn't find acceptable for work? He doesn't need the job or the money, why should he put up with it?

And who gets spat at in the course of their work?

Jeez lighten up will you? I didnt realise there were right and wrong answers here I thought it was peoples opinions!!!

If Louis cant take it he shouldnt dish it out hte way he does.

And as a matter of fact working for the police I see colleagues coming in having been spat on frequently. Ive yet to see any of them quit because of it. And most of the time theyre being spat on for a similar reason, because some moron doesnt agree with a decison theyve made in the course of their duties.
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if fuller wins the case then cowell won't be doing American Idol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez lighten up will you? I didnt realise there were right and wrong answers here I thought it was peoples opinions!!!

If Louis cant take it he shouldnt dish it out hte way he does.

And as a matter of fact working for the police I see colleagues coming in having been spat on frequently. Ive yet to see any of them quit because of it. And most of the time theyre being spat on for a similar reason, because some moron doesnt agree with a decison theyve made in the course of their duties.

There aren't right or wrong answers, but in fairness, if you accuse someone of something (such as accusing someone of being unprofessional and derlict in their duties), you have to expect someone to ask why you say it.

As far as the police go, granted, that's a case. But it's hardly the same as messing around with talent contests, really, is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    willow1978 wrote:
    As far as the police go, granted, that's a case. But it's hardly the same as messing around with talent contests, really, is it?

I never at any time said it was though did I? YOU asked me to name someone else who got spat on doing their job... I named them.... :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never at any time said it was though did I? YOU asked me to name someone else who got spat on doing their job... I named them.... :)

That's why I agreed with you.