People taking their shoes off in the office

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You haven't made a point worth even considering and with that I'll leave you and you wink smilies to it.

Yeah, I can tell I haven't ;-)

feel free to have one last word... go on I'll let you, you know you want to ;-)
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    Ask loudly if anyone can smell sweaty feet.

Lol I once did that without realising that anyone had their shoes off. Slightly different because it was just at home, but still cringed and that memory puts me off doing the same at work!

I do sympathise with people being uncomfortable with shoes on, and I guess I wouldn't mind so much if they said they were taking their shoes off if people don't mind - I wouldn't tell them no, I do strongly object to people just inflicting their smelly feet on others with no consideration.

I do reckon said colleagues are just having odour problems because it's so hot in our office rather than poor hygiene as they don't smell usually! :p
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both men and women take their shoes off in my office. I have never smelt cheesy feet though so I am not bothered. I would be bothered if they were stinky.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't work in an office, but I always take my shoes off on flights.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, no and no.

I'd be the first to tell them to put their shoes back on, the ignorant swines.

What would you do if they refused?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    It's not the smell or lack thereof. It's just scruffy.

But if their feet were under a desk, why would that bother you?
  • FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,968
    Forum Member
    People have always taken their shoes off in our office, usually men. They walk around the office with no shoes. Nothing to do with the hot weather. I find it a bit odd but some of them are very senior - that's lawyers for you;-)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not as far as I know.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is something I've noticed over the last few days with the increase in temperature: people taking their shoes off in the office! And seemingly not noticing the smell coming off their sweaty feet. :)

Now I do that when it's hot and I'm alone in the office because it doesn't affect anyone else. I wouldn't dream of doing it if there were others around because of the smell (don't want people thinking I have stinky feet) and also because a lot of people find feet disgusting however clean they are.

Do people do this is your office? Do you do it yourself? Is it acceptable behaviour? I think perhaps I am overly concerned by this issue, maybe it's the heat making me more irritated with others' habits! :)

One or two do, and even walk around barefoot.

There was talk that management wanted them to sign some sort of disclaimer, that in the event they were injured by stepping on something nasty, they wouldn't sue. Don't know how true that is though.

Personally I think that it's the height of stupidity to walk around barefoot in the office. Although just at your own desk, no problem.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do this wonderful thing called 'showering' each morning and it means my feet are lovely and fresh at the beginning of each day. I also put on a fresh pair of socks prior to putting my shoes on and consequently, I can remove my shoes at work without having the peril of stinky feet.

You should try it sometime (showering - I recommend it to all)
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did when I worked in a call centre, if I was going to be chained to a desk most of the day I figured I may be comfortable.

Wasn't the only one.

In my current job they occasionally slip off so if I get up to answer the door/file etc I have to check I've them on.
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do this wonderful thing called 'showering' each morning and it means my feet are lovely and fresh at the beginning of each day. I also put on a fresh pair of socks prior to putting my shoes on and consequently, I can remove my shoes at work without having the peril of stinky feet.

You should try it sometime (showering - I recommend it to all)

Um I don't recall saying I do smell. I can assure you I shower everyday. I think I said I don't talk my shoes off when there's others around because I am worried they might in this weather not that they do! As I said in my last post on the thread I actually think these people have smelly feet only because of the heat because normally I do not notice any smell off them.

I don't think it's fair to suggest people are smelling because they don't wash when it's hot weather. Many people can't help being a bit smelly in this weather because they're not used to it, and it doesn't matter if they wash everyday or not!

Slightly straying from the thread subject with this lol. An update though, no one has been barefoot today. Makes me wonder if someone had enough and complained but no one's confessed yet! Slow day at the office indeed...
  • thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Human beings really are a perverse species. All that evolution and intelligence and what do you end up with?

People describing feet as disgusting. Is there any other species on the planet that has these weird disgust for their own natural bodies?