Options

9200T front display

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
Forum Member
✭✭
A friend has just taken delivery of a brand new 9200 and has a question about the front panel display.

After the first evening of use he asked me if the front panel should have text and icons on it. I immediately said it should and he must have a faulty unit.

Last night he went back to Comet and asked to see the display unit plugged in, this too had no display. Looking at the (updated) manual all images of the model have no icons or text displayed and there are no references to what will appear on the front during operation (eg press record and the "rec" icon appears.

So my question is, has the model been changed (display removed) or has the shop just got a faulty batch?

Redrob2.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the machine is in good working order, i.e. when plugged in, it can received channels and you can record, etc, then the Hummy's front panel should display the time when in standby. When working it should display the channel it is viewing and if recording, it should have REC above the text.

Here is a picture with a normal display: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/whisper/pic5.JPG (showing TV icon, channel name and the time).

Sounds like you have a faulty unit - at least with the display. In lots of new electronic devices - you have a LCD screen with a backlit light - which shines through so you can see the text the LCD is displaying. Looks like your light is faulty...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redrob2 wrote:
    A friend has just taken delivery of a brand new 9200 and has a question about the front panel display.

After the first evening of use he asked me if the front panel should have text and icons on it. I immediately said it should and he must have a faulty unit.

Last night he went back to Comet and asked to see the display unit plugged in, this too had no display. Looking at the (updated) manual all images of the model have no icons or text displayed and there are no references to what will appear on the front during operation (eg press record and the "rec" icon appears.

So my question is, has the model been changed (display removed) or has the shop just got a faulty batch?

Redrob2.

agree with son_t too. When the display unit at the shop was plugged in, it may also be because the unit hasnt been through set up. Even in standby the time should display and if its never had the arieal in to at least be set up and get the time over the air waves, there may not be a display. I dont know for sure but a theory.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redrob2

Believe your friend has contacted Humax, and they have advised that it must have been a couple of faulty units i.e. a coincidence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barry wrote:
    Redrob2

Believe your friend has contacted Humax, and they have advised that it must have been a couple of faulty units i.e. a coincidence.

You are right, after I posted he called Humax and they said just that. It sounded as if they hadn't heard of it before.

It just seemed strange that there were no pictures of a fully lit up display in the manual. He's waiting for the shop to get another unit in and he will check it before leaving the shop.