Splash

Comments

• CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows it may be good. However from the trailers put out it looks like this will be a right pile of s***
  • zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What they should bring back albeit it was on Channel 4 was The Games which featured celebs competing in running, diving etc. It was hosted by Jamie Theakston in the mid 00s
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Cosya wrote: »
    Who knows it may be good. However from the trailers put out it looks like this will be a right pile of s***
    In the Netherlands the show was quite good. But judging by the trailers for the UK one, I think theyve changed it but for the worse. The trailers dont sell the show well at all.
    What they should bring back albeit it was on Channel 4 was The Games which featured celebs competing in running, diving etc. It was hosted by Jamie Theakston in the mid 00s
    The Games was great. It had it all, all the different major sports. I was surprised Channel4 didnt bring it back this year before the Olympics.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    does anyone know the song on the promo? it goes *something* pretend... :)

Friendly Fires - Jump In The Pool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&v=ofRCldHb7X0&gl=GB
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »

thank you :D i have it in my iTunes library as well ooops :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Splash is an awful name for a TV show :eek:
  • rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well we get to see daley and kenzie topless so some sort of positive input there
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    This "show" really is scraping the bottom of the barrel, even by ITV's standards.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    rockjack wrote: »
    well we get to see daley and kenzie topless so some sort of positive input there

Well I doubt they have been hired for their sparkiling wit and large IQ's
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure how much appeal this will have, the routines would be over within seconds, no doubt there will be an ad break after every one of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    If Tom really wants that Olympic gold then shouldn't he be focussing on training for that instead of his TV career. :confused:

He could probably take a whole year out without any effect - it's 4 years to the next Olympics, 2 1/2 to the qualifiers.

And let's be honest. Any athlete's sporting career will be in decline by the time they are 30. Getting themselves known isn't a bad move and lining up the next career stage isn't unreasonable.
    SamuelW wrote: »
    In the Netherlands the show was quite good. But judging by the trailers for the UK one, I think theyve changed it but for the worse. The trailers dont sell the show well at all.

Typical British TV. Remove anything fainty controversial or exciting in case it offends one nutter in a thousand leaving bland pap.
    rockjack wrote: »

Again, typical British TV. Something for the women but heaven forbid there should be anything for the men. At best we will be Clare Balding in a Victorican swimsuit.

Pity we can't vote for who we want on the show.:)
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    captham wrote: »
    Again, typical British TV. Something for the women but heaven forbid there should be anything for the men. At best we will be Clare Balding in a Victorican swimsuit.

Pity we can't vote for who we want on the show.:)

Jade Ewen, Donna Air, Adele Silva and Jenni Falconer in swimwear ... nothing for straight men there. And the gays and the girls get treated to Omid Djalili and Eddie the Eagle topless. It's a feminist conspiracy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jade Ewen, Donna Air, Adele Silva and Jenni Falconer in swimwear ... nothing for straight men there. And the gays and the girls get treated to Omid Djalili and Eddie the Eagle topless. It's a feminist conspiracy!

Somehow I doubt the swimsuits will resemble anything seen in a fashion catalogue and the camera won't linger. Meanwhile the mens trunks will be tight allowing grannies to comment on "nice bums" and oggle lunchboxes. And the camera will linger on the mens pecs.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member

Dont female divers wear all-in-one body hugging things to flatten their shapes, and stop bruising to boobage on hitting the water ??

Hardly going to attract a male audience.!!!

I still say Celebrity Beach volleyball would be a much bigger audience hit for both sexes and all proclivities.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just think this is another excuse / vehicle for Daley to get his top off, and Im sorry, im not that interested in lads topless. Give me a man any day.

I have also read the list of people who will be taking part, and its just the normal X-list celebs and tired reality stars.
  • Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    more reality tv crap and the likes of Wild at Heart - easy family lighthearted viewing gets axed cause ITV run out of money.

Thank god for sky television because between BBC and ITV its dire viewing i hardly watch the main 5 channels anymore because reality tv is just taking over, and many love it but many also hate it !

Splash - i hope it does splash down in the ratings :D
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cody1 wrote: »
    Splash - i hope it does splash down in the ratings :D

4.2 million, then continually drop after that.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Dive" would have been a more apt title... Watch those ratings fall!
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    indie.star wrote: »
    If Tom really wants that Olympic gold then shouldn't he be focussing on training for that instead of his TV career. :confused:

Tom is very self-disciplined and good at time-management, and he wouldn't have agreed to do the show if it got in the way of his regular training schedule.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    It will probably be Celebrity Wrestling all over again.

A flop. Or should that be belly flop.

ITV is terrible.
  • redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am beginning to think Partridge was more a visionary rather than a mentalist

This has Simon Cowell production written all over it
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    So will tomorrows dives be pre-recorded or shown live? :o
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,132
    Forum Member
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    So will tomorrows dives be pre-recorded or shown live? :o

Pre-recorded I guess. Didn't we see a few glimpses of the dives in the trailer?
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Who on earth thought of this idea. Cant think of a worse programme than seeing celebs train for this. Tom Daley is also too confident for his age!! I was shy with spots at his age.
    Too young to be a presenter .
    Will be a big belly flop