What annoys you most about being part of the gaming community?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We all have things that annoy us in the gaming community, mine would people who value trophies/achievements more than the game it self, don't get me wrong i collect trophies in games i enjoy but i only do so as along as i'm having fun if a game stops being fun i won't force myself to carry on, no matter how many i have left

But when you go onto a website like PS3trophies.org or others and see comments on a game such as

''I was looking forward to this but the trophies look to hard so i'll give it a miss''

or this one about the new DMC game

''...and there better be some trophies for Vergil's DLC, if not its really not worth paying for it''

It really is pathetic that people will not play potentially great games because of a virtual reward that holds no real world value

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Sony fanboys mostly.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanboys, pathetic and sad. "I'll take this opinion and ill defend it no matter what".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanboys really don't bother me at all I think it's hilarious that people favour one console and dislike the competition so much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanboys is a close second for me

the only reason it's not number one is because they are just such stupid people you can't take them seriously

When somebody (such as myself) who has every console and handheld is trying to tell someone who doesn't own a certain console something about it you just get shat upto, if you try to tell them about a great game like uncharted they find it terrible as they only own an xbox but i ask how they possibly have an opinion if they haven't played the game for an extended period of time, watching youtube videos does not give you an opinion

Similar with the 'it has a lack of games' argument, if i own the console and you don't and i'm telling you there isn't a lack of games, how can you argue that, you don't even own the console so you can have no idea what the games are like and therefore can't say there is a lack
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not exclusive to just gamers but sore losers really get on my nerves.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who use forums 2 try and massage their already overly inflated egos ... (& nintendo fanboys would be a close 2nd) :)
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    My comment was quite tongue in cheek. I quite like fanboys actually, it's all part of videogame culture and friendly rivalries can be good fun, certainly better than those who rattle on about how important it is to be impartial to everything.

What I do dislike the most are the gamers who just take things to a whole new level of serious, they may fall into the fanboy category but I'm talking more about the types who are unwilling to accept another persons opinion without taking it to heart and getting upset leading to swearing and insults and suchlike. I've seen this type of behaviour lead to the downfall of whole communities before. There's just no reason to get so uptight over videogames and I'll never understand it.

Also more in line with the original post are haters, people who moan about everything and anything videogame related no matter how minor, it could be the price of games, DLC, adverts, online gaming, sequels, EA, COD, Peter Molyneux etc etc. The latest outburst over DMC is a good example, I played the demo and it's got some very nice gameplay and it's just the reboot the series needed imo. Fair enough if you don't think that but don't you think it's pathetic that people are unwilling to give the game a chance based on the character's haircut and appearance? The user score on metacritic is nothing short of embarrassing. Perhaps it's proof that children do in fact make up the majority of gamers today as I can't see anyone over the age of 20 caring about such trivialities.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading about 5 of the DMC user reviews i had to stop, its just stupid that people would lie like that

I'm not saying my opinion is the law and everyone should like it because i do but in no way is DmC a bad game like they are saying

Just because they hate something they are trying to ruin it for other people and that is unforgivable

Hopefully people are smart enough to ignore them
  • rory rrory r Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    quitters and racists
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gamers that think they can do a better job than the devs.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girl gamers...since I am one. They feel they need to shout about it and prove themselves or be overly sexy
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    keyboard warriors who's testicles are still stuck up somewhere near their kidneys.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When other gamers dislike a game i love, or love a game i hate! Always gets me, but i keep it to myself as its quite irrational on my part.
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Hardcore" gamers..

This gen, the term "hardcore" has become distorted beyond all meaning, and now it seems to refer to the 14 year olds that only play games like CoD and think that it somehow makes them more mature and less "kiddy" than those people that play Mario.
  • 0lly0lly Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    MD1500 wrote: »
    "Hardcore" gamers..

This gen, the term "hardcore" has become distorted beyond all meaning, and now it seems to refer to the 14 year olds that only play games like CoD and think that it somehow makes them more mature and less "kiddy" than those people that play Mario.

This.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moaners that think they are owed great games, then when one comes along they still find something to maon about.

Also gamers that dont apprecieate the tech and realise how far games have come. yeah sometimes visuals come before gameplay but when the balance is right there are some truly amazing experiences in gaming. many take that for granted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Hardcore" gamers..

Just about includes all PS3, Xbox gamers, sniggering at the Wii crowds kiddie games...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    xbots
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate when a new game comes out and I eventually manage to afford it. Then, just as i get it, everyone gets rid of it and moves on to the next thing......and so the circle goes. For this I'm more looking at games with solo campaigns or multiplayers where randoms dont matter so much.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who slate a game, but buy the next instalment on preorder, despite being burned the last 3 or 4 times. I just don't get it. Multiple examples, FIFA, WWE, Final Fantasy etc. They will just keep churning out generic shit unless you stop buying it.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nintendo fanboys ;) (love you 2D)

Seriously though, whiners.

Wah, wah, this game isn't technically perfect and at one point dropped below a frame-rate my eyes can barely detect.

Wah, wah, this game wasn't written the way I wanted it, even though the way I wanted it would have been a load of third-rate fanwank.

Wah, wah, this new console isn't priced at EXACTLY the price I expected/wanted it to be.

SHUT UP AND ENJOY WHAT YOU'VE GOT YOU SPOILT BRAT!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Hardcore" gamers..

CSI-uk wrote: »
    Just about includes all PS3, Xbox gamers, sniggering at the Wii crowds kiddie games...

I think the term 'hardcore' gamer, pretty much sums up anyone who has a PS3 or Xbox, but if they have a Wii or Wii U, then they're classed as a casual gamer. You lose credibility for liking Nintendo - might I add, the video game company that has drastically changed the gaming industry.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Negativity...

Reading gaming sties and forums these days it seems everything sucks and is a flop, it seems like everyone is desperate to be the first to slag something off or declare it a failure.

3DS was a flops because of low initial sales then Vita came along and 3DS sale were used to show how it was a flop. Wii U launched and didn't outsell well established consoles like PS3 and 360 so was a failure. All of the above were criticised for having poor launch software line up and not enough games been released for them which is actually the case with almost all consoles released. Any game that doesn't sell a million copies in 1day is a failure.

Frankly it becomes tiresome and resulted in me visiting less gaming sites.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People that don't realise that sony is the best and that no other console is worth looking at!!!

I'm joking of course. No what annoys me is my girlfriends internet connection because I keep getting kicked out of games because her net disconnects. But thats more of a personal hate going than what everyone might have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Games being released when quite clearly they are buggy and unfinished all due to pushy publishers and there schedules.