Options

£1 3 pay as you go sim in poundland

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    11 and 12 year olds with £400+ iphones on contract because they are quote "mortally shamed to have a pay and go phone", seriously?

Kids always say other kids at school have got better to try and get their parents to buy them stuff, but really the message is not to encourage that as they will grow up with that message and will never learn it really doesn't matter. It's all about what you are as a person, not how many superficial shiny expensive items and contracts / credit agreements you have.
  • Options
    spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    11 and 12 year olds with £400+ iphones on contract because they are quote "mortally shamed to have a pay and go phone", seriously?

Kids always say other kids at school have got better to try and get their parents to buy them stuff, but really the message is not to encourage that as they will grow up with that message and will never learn it really doesn't matter. It's all about what you are as a person, not how many superficial shiny expensive items and contracts / credit agreements you have.

Too true, mind you i have just noticed the poster that was bragging about his 2 children having 2 flash phones on conracts mentioned in another thread that his wife goes mental if their savings account goes below £15,000, jesus thats not much less than i earn in a year lol, they obviously dont have to teach their kids the value of money
  • Options
    nigelbbnigelbb Posts: 1,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    modeyink wrote: »
    Why do they need two phones each?
    One for work & one for play?
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    nigelbb wrote: »
    One for work & one for play?

11 year olds? :)
  • Options
    tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    what were you thinking. it's an important lesson for kids that they just have to ask and things happen. otherwise they will think they have to work for things.

Brilliant :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone told me Sainsbury's are selling "3", Virgin and T-mobile sim cards for 20p.
  • Options
    rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've ruined a good thread with your bickering
  • Options
    MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really I bought FIFA 10 today for a pound.

So did I! I did have the Polish guy serving me chatting me up. He was cute though I am probs 8 yrs older lol.
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I buy a few of the virgin sim cards in poundland just for the plastic wallets to slot into another wallet I have. :D