Options

Critically Ill Pete Burns Rushed To Hospital

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *puts down copy of Cryogenic Freezing For Beginners, places bookmark in Robotic Engineering Weekly, adjusts nerdy glasses on nose, looks round*

Hey cybercontroller, are you trying to mess up the thread? ;):D
  • Options
    mrsmetropolismrsmetropolis Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he gets well soon.

Me too.
  • Options
    IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to suggest he find an old ex (possibly one in prison) and get married, but it turns out Pete already is, so there goes that particular scam.

Does he have any beautiful boys/girls/cats/dogs/goldfish to support? We could sell balloons and have a Walk For Pete.
  • Options
    nothing on tvnothing on tv Posts: 5,044
    Forum Member
    Hey cybercontroller, are you trying to mess up the thread? ;):D

no not at all - just don't be surprised if we see a certain someone around for a lot longer.....*goes to blockbusters and asks for copy of frankenstein*
  • Options
    quislingquisling Posts: 2,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    So are we only allowed to show symapthy for health problems if the celeb involved hires a publicist? :confused:

It's the ONLY way to do it now dontcha know??

Illness is the new black.
    Talent is Soooooo last year!

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrkester wrote: »
    cleaning out the pool?

I shouldn't laugh but I am :o

(Must self-flagellate). :(
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think when someone is physically able to update their website, the medical staff use this fact to amend their condition from "Critical" to merely "serious"

They are not keen on mobile phones in Intensive care Units, which makes tweeting a bit difficult...

shame.
    We could get much more info...
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Celebrity Big Brother star Pete Burns is critically ill in hospital with kidney failure.

http://celebrity.aol.co.uk/2009/03/17/pete-burns-critically-ill/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he pulls through.

This country needs the slightly odd celebrities to counteract the boring media hungry Lily Allen type of celeb.
  • Options
    diddygirldiddygirl Posts: 4,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you imagine being his nurse? I bet he's hard work when he's poorly. He's high maintainance as it is when healthy!
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diddygirl wrote: »
    Can you imagine being his nurse? I bet he's hard work when he's poorly. He's high maintainance as it is when healthy!

I wonder if he wears all his make up when he's poorly? I'd hate to be the one who had to tell him to wash it all off.
    Seriously, I hope he gets better soon:)
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not that strange that he can access the internet. I once had a conversation with a friend of mine awaiting open heart surgery while she was hooked up in her hospital bed. q
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    It's not that strange that he can access the internet. I once had a conversation with a friend of mine awaiting open heart surgery while she was hooked up in her hospital bed. q

Where I work, all the beds have PatientLine which is a TV/phone/internet access point. It costs a flipping fortune but wiles away the boredom for a lot of patients. Though Digital Spy is blocked for some reason!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if he wears all his make up when he's poorly? I'd hate to be the one who had to tell him to wash it all off.
    Seriously, I hope he gets better soon:)

I dunno he was as sweet as pie on that Wife Swap Celeb version, and he got a previously hitherto homophobic husband to boot.He was just so sweet and nice and so housewifey too which did surprise me.!!!

As for laptop..erm that Good female allegedly planned her entire death marriage and PR campaign in her laptop in R/Marsden hooked up to this and that and other tubes. Info ex her new "husband". So seems it can be done

I was in a private isolation ward and had my entire office in there with PC to work on in between procedures,treatments and operations etc. I was not though using the internet at the time.
  • Options
    JoannexxJoannexx Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a shame, that must have been scary. Hope he is better soon.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    What's his condition now, Dead or Alive?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Intensive Care/High Dependency units don't have Patientline at least at my hospital (unless it has changed in the last 6 weeks since I was in) as its a little pointless seeing alot of the patients are likely to be sedated, intubated and on life support or something similar so they wouldnt get much use, most wards however do have Patientline and yes lol Digitalspy as well instant messaging is blocked. Maybe he WAS in a critical condition and no one updated him on his severity status?
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    Intensive Care/High Dependency units don't have Patientline at least at my hospital (unless it has changed in the last 6 weeks since I was in) as its a little pointless seeing alot of the patients are likely to be sedated, intubated and on life support or something similar so they wouldnt get much use, most wards however do have Patientline and yes lol Digitalspy as well instant messaging is blocked. Maybe he WAS in a critical condition and no one updated him on his severity status?

As far as I'm aware, when he went in for his humility bypass operation, they fitted a USB socket.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's his condition now, Dead or Alive?

That is just awful, go and get your coat !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is just awful, go and get your coat !

Well it made me laugh:D:):D

Sorry Pete - get well soon mate!