BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 54)

Comments

• ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    It's midnight here so I am off for my shower etc., nighty night all x:)
  • Janet29Janet29 Posts: 22,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    I usually set the camera to 'auto' because I'm normally the only person who uses it. OH has taken it to the house we'd like to buy, a couple of times, and he's obviously changed the settings. I could have taken more photos but I'd been there for an hour and a half at this point and I was dying for a cup of tea and a cigarette:o She didn't offer me a cup and I'd have been dubious about accepting to be honest!

Thanks Janet - I'm going to look at the other photos again but I think it was that one -the lady thinks she might develop tortie markings, she'll be a real stunner I guess.

ooo she was a beauty :cool:......cant wait for the pics when you get her:D
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks TV - in about 4 weeks - and there'll be more pics than you can shake a stick at!

I know - I'll put them on Flickr anyway, you can see the colour and the back of her head!

Pity I can't do smelly-vision, that would be something else entirely:cool:

I think these breeders must be 'of a breed'! The woman we bought Millie from was a bit odd too, and her house smelled so badly that I thought OH would gag! She was a very nice and knowledgeable woman, but her house was full of dogs. At the time she had two bitches who whelped on the same day, so she had 16 puppies, each litter in a different bedroom. The rooms were stripped bare, floors covered in sawdust, with a board across the doorway to keep the pups in. She was also a dog show judge, and trained people to use gun dogs.

I'm glad you were happy with Janet:cool: I'd love to breed from this one - the lady hasn't stipulated yet that we can't;)

link us to flickr :cool:
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually set the camera to 'auto' because I'm normally the only person who uses it. OH has taken it to the house we'd like to buy, a couple of times, and he's obviously changed the settings. I could have taken more photos but I'd been there for an hour and a half at this point and I was dying for a cup of tea and a cigarette:o She didn't offer me a cup and I'd have been dubious about accepting to be honest!

You just wanted to get out of there after all that time lol
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »

Night Arte x
    Janet29 wrote: »
    ooo she was a beauty :cool:......cant wait for the pics when you get her:D

I've checked and it's definitely the little one with blue eyes on the bottom right of the earlier pics that she's keeping. There's a lovely cream kitten with dark points, I didn't see that one today so I guess she's earmarked for someone else.
    link us to flickr :cool:

The link's on the previous page I think TV - I'll post it again if you can't find it:cool:
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks TV - in about 4 weeks - and there'll be more pics than you can shake a stick at!

I know - I'll put them on Flickr anyway, you can see the colour and the back of her head!

Pity I can't do smelly-vision, that would be something else entirely:cool:

I think these breeders must be 'of a breed'! The woman we bought Millie from was a bit odd too, and her house smelled so badly that I thought OH would gag! She was a very nice and knowledgeable woman, but her house was full of dogs. At the time she had two bitches who whelped on the same day, so she had 16 puppies, each litter in a different bedroom. The rooms were stripped bare, floors covered in sawdust, with a board across the doorway to keep the pups in. She was also a dog show judge, and trained people to use gun dogs.

I'm glad you were happy with Janet:cool: I'd love to breed from this one - the lady hasn't stipulated yet that we can't;)

I think I have the imagination to cover that aspect :D

Edit - the pics are better than expected :D loved the comment distancing yourself from the foot :D
    Forum Member

:D I bet you do! She told lme that one couple who came to see her previous litter were there for 4 hours!! They must have had their olfactory organs removed:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D I bet you do! She told lme that one couple who came to see her previous litter were there for 4 hours!! They must have had their olfactory organs removed:rolleyes:

I expect after a good while you dont smell it any more, possibly :D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

Edit - the pics are better than expected :D loved the comment distancing yourself from the foot :D
    Whoever it belongs to needs a bigger fitflop and a manicure.
    I expect after a good while you dont smell it any more, possibly :D
    Oh but you do. :(

I am a bit confused and cant find the chicken chewing cat on the original photos. :confused:
    Forum Member

There was natural light coming through the window at the end of the room - and the windows in The Kitten Room.

I just felt I had to make it clear that it wasn't me!
    Forum Member

I am a bit confused and cant find the chicken chewing cat on the original photos. :confused:

On photo 13004 she's the one at the front - I think, and she's in the other one with the darker kittens.
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    Didn't realise you didn't watch it, it was hard to watch sometimes.

I liked Alice, not Jamie, he just seemed to want to outrage us.
    Dermy is too big for his boots now.
    I liked them both, if only Jamie could have decided to look less scruffy.
    Hicky wrote: »
    Jamie East ‏@mrjamieeast 1h

Some news. I've left Big Brother. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4891024/emma-willis-big-brother-bit-on-the-side.html
    Retweeted by Simply Big Brother

PS.
    You have seen the link all ready.
    Thanks Hicky :)
    Morning guys - not such a nice day so far - chillier and it's been raining,

I'm going to see the Tonkinese kittens this afternoon - very excited now! You'd think I'd have grown out of that at my age:
    Didya find one?:cool:
    I wonder if your mother could take her back to Britain with her ? (and give her to me ) Would it be very expensive?
    I was wondering, Honey, if you would like me to leave you 5 chihuahuas in my Will?:)
    nowahalla wrote: »
    shaved llamas.....and why no
    awwwww
    Excellent trait in a middle son!

I prefer the darker coloured kittens, and I'd prefer a female, but I'm open to whatever she suggests. There aren't many Burmese/Tonk breeders around and I didn't really want to go to Cornwall for it:rolleyes:

The puupy is very cute, I'm not one for tiny dogs as a rule, but she seems very bright so we'll see. OH said we need to make sure that Millie doesn't assume it's just another toy for her to toss all round the garden:eek:

I'm not keen on the name myself, not sure where it came from, but they seem to like it - and in a funny way it does suit her.
    What is her name?? I seem to have missed it..:o
    silly mare..
    acker wrote: »
    Dont get me started ...I watched two minutes of the procession with the sound muted and the Bay City Rollers on ( very gallows humour ....I actually did do that )...then it was either watch the funeral or the Monte Carlo tennis...........Cilic beat Anderson .
    I watched the funeral :(
    Forum Member

Have you heard of kittens being offered raw meat before? I don't think I have, but she seemed to think it was well known????
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »
    I liked them both, if only Jamie could have decided to look less scruffy.

Thanks Hicky :)

Didya find one?:cool:

I was wondering, Honey, if you would like me to leave you 5 chihuahuas in my Will?:)

awwwww

What is her name?? I seem to have missed it..:o

silly mare..

That's OK - it's a free country!

The puppy's name is Nyla - Honey saw it on the photos, I didn't post it here I don't think.

Nooooo - leave the chis to me!!!:cool:
    Forum Member
    I have no idea, I have always known it as Daikon and that is what is in the label and what I have to ask for at the market....
    Isn't that some sort of contraceptive device?:confused::)
    OK - my trip to see the kitten breeder. I had only her postcode from our email exchanges, but she sounded very warm and friendly in her messages.

My satnav took me to a quiet residential street of terraced houses, the old type with entries every 6 or so houses, to whatever is at the back. Number 62 had a large bay window displaying several posters for local events, and the front door was covered in cat stickers 'dogs have owners, cats have staff', that kind of thing.

I rang the bell and the door was opened just a crack, so that the lady could check to see who it was - then she stepped back and opened the door just wide enough for me to squeeze through. Even before I crossed the threshold I could smell that this was 'a cat house'!! There was a series of bean bags all along the right and side of the hall on which cats/kittens were sleeping or playing,

She showed me into the lounge and asked me to sit on the sofa - from where I could see through a window at the far end of the room - The Kitten Room, which was a small/medium conservatory, with windows which opened out onto a large enclosure in the garden. All her cats are indoor cats.

Apart from the 2 seater sofa where I sat and the chair in which her husband sat, there was not a square inch of clear space. The lady told me that she is a judge for several breeds at all the major shows, and also organises some of the local shows, which accounted for the folders, papers, books and assorted 'stuff' which was all over a large dining table, in several plastic washing baskets, on shelves and on the floor.

There were 5 large scratching posts variously around the room - one of them had three poles with several rest stations at intervals on the poles, and the cushioned area at the top was at least 2' across! The floor was covered with cat toys, every variety you can imagine, and behind the sofa and one of the chairs there were litter boxes, two others at the other end of the room. From time to time I could hear the familiar scratching of the litter.

The kittens who hadn't already ventured through to the lounge from The Kitten Room were brought in and placed on the sofa next to me - they were of course, all gorgeous in different ways. I was in heaven, although I was very conscious of avoiding sitting or stepping on them!

It became clear that I was indeed to choose a kitten today, so when some of them scattered to find something more interesting to do, the lady disappeared and returned with 3 raw chicken legs, which she placed on the floor. The kittens and their mums re-appeared and began to graze on the raw chicken legs:cool: There were 2 almost identical male kits, pale cream with apricot points who were not much bigger than the chicken leg!!

She asked questions about the family, our pets, the home and surroundings etc.

As I expected, she's keeping the prettiest of the females, darkish with darker points, and blue eyes, but I chose a very cute female from the first litter - they're 5 days older than the others. She said that the males are more affectionate, so I hope I shan't regret having another female???

I took a couple of photos but will all the hoo hah I didn't turn on the flash - I thought it was on auto which apparently it wasn't - so all you can really see is the chicken bone!!

Sorry - didn't mean to ramble quite so much, but you did ask, Honey and I know there are those amongst us - Lurkers included - who like a good account:D
    Excellent post JoJo! Did I mention that Rupert's breeder resides in a new build mansion behind a high wall with electric gates, and also had some VERY fierce German Shpeherd dogs, which were fortunately locked up when i arrived?

Thanks Flora - probably more detail than some would choose, but hey, what else is going on tonight!! I gather that The Iron Lady's send off is being shown on TV, so better to stay in here:D
    I was intending to stay away from here today, because I seem to be the only Thatcher fan in the thread...:( I guess I couldn't keep away. I feel very sad - I think someone else dying always reminds a person of the other deaths one has had to bear.
    Just one comment - poor Carol looked absolutely distraught when the family arrived at the crematorium.:(
    Night night Arte :)
    aw cuuuuute JoJo!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps their house smelt the same in that case :D
    There was natural light coming through the window at the end of the room - and the windows in The Kitten Room.

I just felt I had to make it clear that it wasn't me!

:D:D:D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    On photo 13004 she's the one at the front - I think, and she's in the other one with the darker kittens.
    Ah, i see her now and she is lovely. How long before you collect her?

Yes please. :) Actually it would be a good idea to have a notice in a prominent position telling people who to call in the event of your death (or illness). Include me or whoever you want to have the dogs so they can be picked up right away otherwise they would go into shelters and be split up. :eek:
    I watched it too. I was glad there was only a little protest.
    Did you see Katherine Jenkins tadpole hat? :eek:
    Forum Member
    That's OK - it's a free country!

The puppy's name is Nyla - Honey saw it on the photos, I didn't post it here I don't think.

Nooooo - leave the chis to me!!!:cool:

maybe you and Honey could share them :D
    Nyla - interesting name!
    Forum Member
    Ah, i see her now and she is lovely. How long before you collect her?

Yes please. :)Actually it would be a good idea to have a notice in a prominent position telling people who to call in the event of your death (or illness). Include me or whoever you want to have the dogs so they can be picked up right away otherwise they would go into shelters and be split up. :eek:

I watched it too. I was glad there was only a little protest.
    Did you see Katherine Jenkins tadpole hat? :eek:

I'll deffo do that Honey! I used to have a list of what to do etc when I carked it, but it needs updating...
    I did see Katherine Jenkins - my word there were some strange hats there. I thought Amanda Thatcher looked just right.
    Forum Member

Excellent post JoJo! Did I mention that Rupert's breeder resides in a new build mansion behind a high wall with electric gates, and also had some VERY fierce German Shpeherd dogs, which were fortunately locked up when i arrived?

I was intending to stay away from here today, because I seem to be the only Thatcher fan in the thread...:( I guess I couldn't keep away. I feel very sad - I think someone else dying always reminds a person of the other deaths one has had to bear.
    Just one comment - poor Carol looked absolutely distraught when the family arrived at the crematorium.:(

aw cuuuuute JoJo!

It's easy to lose sight of the fact that Mrs Thatcher was a woman with a family, with children who loved her. I have no doubt that Carol was distraught, losing your mother is always very sad, regardless of who or what she was.

I can empathise with those feelings, regardless of how I feel about MT's political career.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

aw cuuuuute JoJo!

Its terribly hard losing your Mum and I expect a lot of us know how she felt, it is sad for the family.
    Forum Member

aw cuuuuute JoJo!

I got the impression that it was a large property from the Youtube video footage. Master Rupert is a toff!!
    maybe you and Honey could share them :D
    Nyla - interesting name!

That would be good! Honey's younger than I am so maybe I should take them first, then she can have them when I go??:cool:

Not keen on Nyla to be honest, there were some much nicer ones on the list, but my son's g/f likes it. I'll call her whatever I like when they aren't here:D I've already told my son that it's the tone of voice she'll respond to, rather than the actual name. I'll put it to the test when I puppy sit on Friday:cool:
    Forum Member
    good night all :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evening all, very quick fly by.. hope you're all ok :)

my fuzzy feet blood tests are due back friday by the way :) feet slightly less fuzzy now.
    Have you heard of kittens being offered raw meat before? I don't think I have, but she seemed to think it was well known????

jojo lovely picture and lovely kitty :D i don't think it matters that she's female, you got her for your OH i think? should work fine, although yes female cats are a bit more aloof but much better hunters. my previous OH had a female kitty (his first one) from very small and they had a perfectly fine relationship. she turned into the kitty who yelled on the roof when my cat had disappeared and then he returned, i've always blessed her for that.

i used to give my little furry one raw beef and he'd hang around like the predator he was for mince, but i've not heard of raw chicken. but it may well build up some antibodies? they can carry things that we can't, like toxoplasmosis (kittens) that some humans need to be careful of. they eat raw in the wild so i guess uncooked is close to their wild diet and they have the enzymes(?) to deal with it.
This discussion has been closed.