Are we looking forward to hearing what the original Sugababes come out with?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't want to start any wars between the current Sugababes VS the originals, so please try to refrain from that stuff. :)

Personally, I'm excited. I loved their debut and everything the group stood for. Siobhan delivered one of my favourite albums in the last 10 years with 'Ghosts' too (criminally underrated, by the way).

What I understand to be true:

- They've signed their deal
- Decided on a name
- Worked with some great producers including Emili Sandé
- Signed with a very respectable PR team
- They'll be booking gigs within the next few weeks

Seems like they've done things the right way. If the music's brilliant, I don't see them having any problems in being successful.

Comments

• glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Whilst the 2nd lineup remain my favourite, both Run for Cover and Soul Sound are two of my favourite Sugababes singles. I'd just love to see them performing them both again :D
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to it, but i have to be honest with you, im more excited for Amelle's solo album, im not trying to wage war against Sugababes lovers/haters, im just being honest.
    Although i will say that im very interested in what the originals can do, they cant do the same moody stuff they did before, the music world has moved on from that kind of sound, so they need to be way more modern but still try to retain that older sound to bring fans back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,173
    Forum Member
    what name have they decided on for the band?
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm excited, but I also don't really expect any success from the project.

It'd be nice to maybe see them live once.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we stop with these threads until we have OFFICIAL conformation from Siobhan, Mutya and Keisha that they are all back together??!
    Thanks.
    :rolleyes:
  • Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody heard of the sayings 'you can't go back' & 'there's too much water under the bridge'.

God! Doesn't this apply to the Sugababes, even if they are 'forced' to change their name, they will always be an off-shoot of Sugababes.All about 'cashing in' in former success rather than moving forward to create something new to me.Reaks of chaviness to me.Then again the chavs might lap it all up as chaviness it is not associated with good taste is it :D

Before Sugababe fans come back at me - remember Girl / boy bands / groups are all about 'perseption' & image over the actual music - sad but it's true.Sorry for giving my honest opinion :p

Will this 'new' !!!!! Girl Group be moderately successful or above or as DS posters say flop - have no opinion really.Celebrity culture seems to amaze me more & more - I'm totally out of that circle personally.Just giving my opinion from an outsider - sticking my nose in, you could say :p
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody heard of the sayings 'you can't go back' & 'there's too much water under the bridge'.

God! Doesn't this apply to the Sugababes, even if they are 'forced' to change their name, they will always be an off-shoot of Sugababes.All about 'cashing in' in former success rather than moving forward to create something new to me.Reaks of chaviness to me.Then again the chavs might lap it all up as chaviness it is not associated with good taste is it :D

Before Sugababe fans come back at me - remember Girl / boy bands / groups are all about 'perseption' & image over the actual music - sad but it's true.Sorry for giving my honest opinion :p

Will this 'new' !!!!! Girl Group be moderately successful or above or as DS posters say flop - have no opinion really.Celebrity culture seems to amaze me more & more - I'm totally out of that circle personally.Just giving my opinion from an outsider - sticking my nose in, you could say :p

Just go listen to Siobhan's Solo material if its as good as that we are in for a treat ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Can we stop with these threads until we have OFFICIAL conformation from Siobhan, Mutya and Keisha that they are all back together??!
    Thanks.
    :rolleyes:

Why does it matter whether they confirm it or Emili Sandé & other industry insiders confirm it? :confused: The fact is they're back together.

So nah, I won't stop the thread. Thanks. :rolleyes: