Mutya, Keisha, Siobhan...their new band name

13»

Comments

• droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    This reunion is going to DIE on it's arse. I can just feel it.

Probably - but we could get one good album out of it - and it might motivate Siobhan to make more music.
  • lulu25lulu25 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    I'm thrilled they're working together again and can't wait to hear their new music. I love One Touch and was a big fan of Sugababes 1.0. But I also love Heidi and somehow wish she'd also join MKS and make them a 4-piece!

I think Mutya's solo album is really underrated and she has a killer voice. As for Siobhan I've been a big fan of hers as a solo artist since Revolution In Me - one of my favourite albums ever! Ghosts is also great and I have all her cd singles (she has some brilliant 'b-side' songs not on either album). She is a terrific artist and I was surprised (and slightly disappointed) when I first heard she was getting back with Mutya and Keisha, simply because I wanted to hear more great solo work from Siobhan, but now they are together I'm keen to hear what they've come up with. I hope it's good and that they have success with it! :)

Completely agree, ghosts is my all time favourite album and don't take me back (a b-side) is my favourite song. I am excited for this reuinon and if it doesnt work hopefully it will give Siobhan a bit more exposure so she releases more solo stuff. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recently got into Siobhan and listened to some stuff on YT she is very good and experimental isnt she. Also i do like Mutyas voice too, was gutted when she left after Taller In More Ways tbh and while i wasnt really a fan of Keisha...she did add so much to the band.

On Touch however isnt a favourite of mine at all....but i am liking the sound of MKS as a project....really disown the Sugababes name completely and reinvent themselves. I think with the media around this etc this debut album from them of new material could be something of a success here and then with that success they can have solo ventures alongside perhaps and have an MKS project....personally i feel this will really work.

i mean they arent a "girl group" they are transforming i feel into something of a Woman Band tbh....will be interesting and i hope that new material from them really pushes and utilises their talents to their utmost potential tbh. Could go one of three ways tbh. But i am interested in this.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping for Siobhan's 3rd album after this - Revolution In Me and Ghosts are both stunning albums - personal, experimental, lush melodies, just damn good songs!!
    I shall be retagging One Touch to Mutya, Keisha, Siobhan as I really don't associate it with Sugababes. It feels wrong when the current line up perform Overload or Run For Cover
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    I'm hoping for Siobhan's 3rd album after this - Revolution In Me and Ghosts are both stunning albums - personal, experimental, lush melodies, just damn good songs!!
    I shall be retagging One Touch to Mutya, Keisha, Siobhan as I really don't associate it with Sugababes. It feels wrong when the current line up perform Overload or Run For Cover

you know i am tempted to buy both albums...and i think as i said with this MKS...solo projects will be inevitable alongside too which will be very good too :)

Again something we will have to see but i reckon with the publicity this has had...their re-debut will be interesting to see where it all heads.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    It feels wrong when the current line up perform Overload or Run For Cover

You're lying. Again.

Sugababes 4.0 have never performed any songs from before Heidi joined. :sleep:
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think Siobhan is "using" MKS as a platform to relaunch her solo career as I can't see why else she would do this. I expect they will part ways after just one album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    You're lying. Again.

I hope Mutya Keisha Siobhan perform a few 2.0 songs as an encore for their gigs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Yeah I think Siobhan is "using" MKS as a platform to relaunch her solo career as I can't see why else she would do this. I expect they will part ways after just one album.

No she isn't. She doesn't want to do solo work again, she said as much, she's very happy with Mutya and Keisha.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nancy_Drew wrote: »
    I hope Mutya Keisha Siobhan perform a few 2.0 songs as an encore for their gigs!
    They can, should and probably will. Keisha and Mutya have performed 2.0 tracks solo. I don't think they'll perform any 3.0 tracks though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nancy_Drew wrote: »
    No she isn't. She doesn't want to do solo work again, she said as much, she's very happy with Mutya and Keisha.

Do you really think MKS will (A) last longer than one album, even if that, or (B) be more than a 1-album thing?

They only have a £1 million contract anyway, so that's just about enough to cover promoting one decently-promoted album. They can all probably go their separate ways afterwards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is going to flop, isn't it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is going to flop, isn't it?

How would anyone know? We've yet to hear anything they've recorded.

There's a lot of attention around them at the minute though, so we'll see.
  • Kellie BKellie B Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or does Keisha look really awkward in these pics? I get the impression she doesn't really want to do this but is putting up with it in the hope its a huge success and see her get as revenge on Heidi and Amelle!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kellie B wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Keisha look really awkward in these pics? I get the impression she doesn't really want to do this but is putting up with it in the hope its a huge success and see her get as revenge on Heidi and Amelle!

I thought that about Mutya actually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kellie B wrote: »

Heidi flopping on Dancing On Ice was all the revenge Keisha needed. Amelle is working on her solo career and with luck her she doesn't let her label down. I'm not sure it'll happen now Rita Ora and Jessie J are both on the scene. But 4.0 won't ever get back together.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping they was going to be known as the Sugaladies
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    You're lying. Again.

Not intentionally - I thought they had performed Overload. Thanks for letting me know the solid facts!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My theory is that Keisha's solo career was dropped because her label knew her reputation was so bad (all the bullying rumours, being sacked from the band) people wouldn't like her as a solo artist.

I wish them luck all the same. Remember the ill fated comeback of All Saints! :eek: Plus Mutya's last solo single didn't chart.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heidi is the last original member in my opinion. I don't like Amelle, but Jade is incredibly likeable and talented.
    I see your point, but she actually isn't an original because Mutya, Keisha, Siobhan are the originals & have preformed together :p

Funnily enough Heidi was almost an Atomic Kitten original when they were going to be called Automatic Kittens or some shit and were doing demos. She then got replaced with Natasha Hamilton thank god!!!!