The Ratings Thread (Part 31)

Comments

• Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    And yet again, if you're opinion doesnt match the majority in here, you are made a fool of.
    Not at all but if you make condescending posts towards a valued longtime poster in the thread and make statements like you "study" ratings yet your weekly predictions in the RPG are way off the mark, your leaving yourself open to criticism.
  • sam.hall13sam.hall13 Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    AlexiR wrote: »
    US TV Ratings Wednesday February 1]

Fox won the night with total viewers and in the demo but American Idol was down 9% week-on-week and more worryingly still down almost 35% on the equivalent episode last year. When final numbers come in I suspect Idol will have dropped at least 3 demo points vs. last years third Wednesday show. It may now be time for Fox to panic especially given that it was up against no real competition. The question is have viewers deserted it because of The X Factor, The Voice or because they're bored? We may find out next week when The Voice returns. On the plus side for Fox with the Idol lead-in Mobbed was up more than 100% vs. its last episode.

Elsewhere NBC's 8PM comedy block aired original episodes and both were up compared to last week. Meanwhile CBS' Super Bowl commercial compilation was up vs. the same show last year and pulled a respectable 2.1. The CW were the only other broadcast network airing original content last night. One Tree Hill continued its final season even with last week and at a respectable (by current CW standards) level. I expect the rumours of another season to begin any second now. Meanwhile reality series Remodeled continues to perform terribly even by the low standard of The CW.

In other news Law & Order's 10PM repeat was down just two tenths on its last original episode in January which is a crazy factoid on so many levels.

ABC
    8PM: The Middle [r] – 1.2 [4.90]
    8:30PM: Suburgatory [r] – 1.2 [4.21]
    9PM: Modern Family [r] – 2.7 [7.66]
    9:30PM: Happy Endings [r] – 1.9 [5.25]
    10PM: Revenge [r] – 0.9 [3.29]

CBS
    8PM: Super Bowl's Greatest Commercials – 2.1 [8.66]
    9PM: Criminal Minds [r] – 2.1 [8.23]
    10PM: CSI [r] – 1.5 [7.40]

Fox
    8PM: American Idol – 5.9 [18.19]
    9PM: Mobbed – 2.9 [7.94]

NBC
    8PM: Whitney – 1.7 [4.44]
    8:30PM: Are You There Chelsea? - 1.7 [4.08]
    9PM: Law & Order: SVU [r] – 1.1 [4.79]
    10PM: Law & Order: SVU [r] – 1.6 [5.82]

The CW
    8PM: One Tree Hill – 0.7 [1.47]
    9PM: Remodeled – 0.3 [0.75]

How on earth do they get away with so many repeats? It is a disgrace and if i were a big advertisers i'd be withdrawing my ads in protest.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im sorry but you're wrong, I can see it like this

Corrie 7.30 - 11.8m
    EE 8pm - 8.8m
    Corrie 8.30 - 13.2m

We can agree to differ and if you are within 1m on either prediction - I will gladly commend you. If I am within 500,000 please feel free to return the compliment.
  • Andy ParishAndy Parish Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Corrie 7.30 - 11.8m
    EE 8pm - 8.8m
    Corrie 8.30 - 13.2m
    Ha! Yeah... right!

8.8m tops for Corrie! :D
  • Hollywood1989Hollywood1989 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha! Yeah... right!

8.8m tops for Corrie! :D

Nonsense, Corrie at the very least will get 10.5m
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After three series BBC1 is not recommissioning Garrow's Law

Jeremy Kyle has signed to make another 150 of his shows in the US later this year.They will also be shown on ITV2.

- The Sun
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4.8m for Hustle last night according to Mr Hodges. Up a bit week on week which is good and he says it was the #1 show at 9pm excluding +1, which suggests that LAO was above 4.8m including +1.
  • rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie dominated the ratings again last night with 9.6m and 9.4m for the court case climax. Law and Order was watched by 5.0m (incl +1).

Source: Mike Large
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    4.8m for Hustle last night according to Mr Hodges. Up a bit week on week which is good and he says it was the #1 show at 9pm excluding +1, which suggests that LAO was above 4.8m including +1.

Well, he always includes the "excluding +1" caveat because he knows the ITV twitterers will be automatically including repeat showings to boost their figures.... :rolleyes:

Anyway, Hustle clearly won the overnight battle because the L&O overnight, augmented or not, includes viewers north of the border who patently weren't watching L&O, because it doesn't air there.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, he always includes the "excluding +1" caveat because he knows the ITV twitterers will be automatically including repeat showings to boost their figures.... :rolleyes:

Anyway, Hustle clearly won the overnight battle because the L&O overnight, augmented or not, includes viewers north of the border who patently weren't watching L&O, because it doesn't air there.

He only says 'excluding +1' when the ITV show is ahead when it is included. When the BBC1 show is ahead regardless he doesn't bother including it, so that's why I stated that LAO will have been slightly ahead including it (not saying whether people should or shouldn't include it - just pointing it out).

Fair point about STV, but surely that just drags down ITV's ratings as STV's opt-outs never normally rate as well as the show the rest of the network is airing does.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    After three series BBC1 is not recommissioning Garrow's Law
    Jeremy Kyle has signed to make another 150 of his shows in the US later this year.They will also be shown on ITV2.

- The Sun

I would imagine there were alot more cases to cover, but the back story thread was wound up nicely and maybe difficult to see where that could have gone. However its a sad decision as it was challenging thoughtful drama and a fascinating glimpse back then.
    Its sad too that the impetus is there for the likes of Jeremy Kyle in todays world, but not stuff like Garrow.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    I think Glee should take a 24 schedule and air in January, it seems to be continually interrupted. The other option is 11 episodes in the Autumn and 11 episodes in March with a midseason drama from January-March.

Agree, it's ridiculous how they work the cast, frequently in at 2am, with the tours they get very little break.
  • Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    rzt wrote: »
    Corrie dominated the ratings again last night with 9.6m and 9.4m for the court case climax. Law and Order was watched by 5.0m (incl +1).

Source: Mike Large

Is Corrie inc or exc +1?
  • rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Corrie inc or exc +1?
    Probably includes +1 and are full-slot averages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    Fair point about STV, but surely that just drags down ITV's ratings as STV's opt-outs never normally rate as well as the show the rest of the network is airing does.

Well, that 's the decision of the ITV companies involved.

Yes, L&O may have been a smidgen ahead of Hustle had it aired in Scotland. But it didn't, so you can't pretend it did.
  • chris_bauerchris_bauer Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Well, that 's the decision of the ITV companies involved.

Yes, L&O may have been a smidgen ahead of Hustle had it aired in Scotland. But it didn't, so you can't pretend it did.

Can't you just be happy that two primetime British dramas are doing well.

You do seem quite angst ridden about which got a few hundred thousand more.

The amusing thing is, if Law and Order was on BBC1 and Hustle on ITV, you'd be championing L&O big time. Just proves that quality of programme is irrelevant to you, the fact it is on BBC1 is all that matter to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't you just be happy that two primetime British dramas are doing well.

You do seem quite angst ridden about which got a few hundred thousand more.

The amusing thing is, if Law and Order was on BBC1 and Hustle on ITV, you'd be championing L&O big time. Just proves that quality of programme is irrelevant to you, the fact it is on BBC1 is all that matter to you.

Oh no, you've not been released back into the community have you? :rolleyes:

Hustle is beating L&O convincingly in the proper official consolidated ratings, despite having a poor lead in compared to the very strong lately Corrie showings that L&O is clearly benefiting from - but still losing out...
  • Wozza20Wozza20 Posts: 2,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont think so darling, Beckys exit got 11.5m and there was a big hype over the trial.

Rude much!!! Just because someone didn't agree, what a condesending post...and when someone challenges you about it, you give us this...
    And because i dont constantly post about ratings, dont mean i dont know about it, i study ratings.

It may shock you that some of the regular posters here also know a thing or two about ratings. Some posters on this forum actually "study" them for a living...

Corrie 7.30 - 11.8m
    EE 8pm - 8.8m
    Corrie 8.30 - 13.2m
    Nonsense, Corrie at the very least will get 10.5m

Well, let's see how your expert knowledge of all things ratings worked out...

Corrie ratings Friday 3rd Feb:
    19:30 - 9.6m
    20:30 - 9.4m

I am so glad you are here to be rude and tell everyone how wrong they are about the ratings - and for sharing your superior knowledge... :rolleyes:
    Perhaps you should study something else as you are clearly not the best at ratings predictions... :D:D:D
  • Wozza20Wozza20 Posts: 2,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hustle is beating L&O convincingly in the proper official consolidated ratings, despite having a poor lead in compared to the very strong lately Corrie showings that L&O is clearly benefiting from - but still losing out...

He has a point though Robbie...if it was on BBC1 you would be championing the programme as high quality and doing well... :rolleyes:

The fact the overnights are even close shows how far Hustle has declined and L&O UK has come.

You've even admitted you continued watching The Royal Bodyguard out of a sense of loyalty to BBC1 whilst also admitting it was not exactly good.

Have you even watched L&O UK? What did you think of it?
    For the record, I have watched it, and didn't really enjoy it, so gave up. Same with Hustle for me too...
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Wozza20 wrote: »
    The fact the overnights are even close shows how far Hustle has declined and L&O UK has come.
    Hustles Wikipedia page shows that apart from episode one, its ratings this series are down almost a million from last year. Its surprising its even this close between Hustle and Law & Order, the latter was getting less than 5million in the finals last year. It appears that some former Hustle viewers have jumped off a sinking ship. Though the current series is still escapist fun, its not been stellar. Good time to call it a day.
    Forum Member

That's quite an offensive comment - even with your little smiley face - do you have a problem with those who receive care in the community?

You're missing the point though, I don't really care if either L&O and Hustle gets the highest ratings, it's really good for the UK TV industry that TWO dramas are both doing well (Both are great in my opinion). The point is, if L&O was on BBC1 you wouldnt be being critical, so your view is jaded by your love for BBC1. The quality of the programme is irrelevant to you, the channel it appears on is what matters to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's quite an offensive comment - even with your little smiley face - do you have a problem with those who receive care in the community?

The DS community.

I was referring to the fact you've obviously now served your ban and are back to haunt us/me. I was hoping it would be permanent...
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,671
    Forum Member
    Law and Order is rating well for a show that many were writing off at the start of the year. That Friday night slot works well for it.

When is it due to finish?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think both Hustle and L&O UK are two great shows, I watched Hustle last night for the first time in ages and it was quite enjoyable, I tend to watch ITV dramas on VOD as they skip the ads, but both seem to be doing really well in the ratings, which is good to see.
    Forum Member
    The DS community.

I was referring to the fact you've obviously now served your ban and are back to haunt us/me. I was hoping it would be permanent...

Good back peddling there.

You still never acknowledged the point I was making that your obsession with BBC1 blinkers you to the quality of programmes, which is obviously a shame and makes your view a bit blinkered.

The irony is, if L&O failed like you clearly hope it does because it might damage an episode of Hustle on your beloved BBC1, then ITV would be unlikely to replace it with new drama, but with more cheap reality filler, one of the clear reasons you dislike a lot of ITV. So you really should be happy that a Friday night drama is doing well for ITV.

You'll no doubt ignore the previous two paragraphs because it doesnt fit with your blinkered view.
This discussion has been closed.