Options

EE - Possible Sonia spoiler

CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought mentioning him in the title would be a case of spoiler in the title and I don't usually post this type of stuff so I don't know what the etiquette is. Anyway, a Facebook friend of mine is in Elstree today for Big Brother's Bit in the Side and posted photos of her posing with James Alexandrou. I know that they make many programmes at Elstree but could this be a hint that Martin is on his way back to Walford? Even for a brief guest spot a la Honey. Maybe to properly end his marriage and free Sonia up to return to live on the square in place of Bianca once she goes. As I said, he may have just been at Elstree for something else but there's a strong possibility it could be EE related.

Comments

• Options
    james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope so. Be great to see Martin again even if its just a guest stint.
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope so. Be great to see Martin again even if its just a guest stint.

I think James seems to mostly do theatre these days but it would be great if he'd agreed to come back for a few days. It's odd hearing a long established character like Martin being mentioned frequently like he's just around the corner or upstairs but never actually seeing him on screen.
  • Options
    Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Show us the photos. Just put a big black dot to cover your friends face.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's safe to say Martin is finally coming to have dinner with Sonia :D
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's safe to say Martin is finally coming to have dinner with Sonia :D

He'll see her new top :D
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He'll see her new top :D

:D:D:D

I'd love to see him back especially now Ben is coming and the stuff with Ian. I still miss Pauline :(
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,306
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D

I'd love to see him back especially now Ben is coming and the stuff with Ian. I still miss Pauline :(

Pauline was ace but Martin was boring and sulky. I would rather he syated away, he was more interested in his melons that attending Lucys funeral.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully he's coming back to take her away with him.
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully he's coming back to take her away with him.

Don't you want Martin back permanently?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Sonia unlike the majority on here.

She will never be a favourite of mine but she is an inoffensive character.
  • Options
    BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to have a blood Fowler back in the show (Rebecca doesn't really count to me) and that can really only be Michelle or Martin.

Michelle couldn't be played by anyone other than Sue Tully, and since she doesn't want to return, we're left only with Martin.

Alexandrou was solid in the role of Martin, but under his guidance, the character will become nothing bigger than Ricky Butcher. Ricky is a legacy character, but one that has always had to be propped up by another character.

I'd love for a Fowler that can stand on his or her own two feet, that's either a radically redesigned Martin (either under Alexandrou, or ideally a recast) or Michelle under Susan Tully.