Natalie Cassidy - what a bore!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Got bigger. It dawned on her that she wasn't happy so thin and she got fed up of fighting her own body as it was very hard work to stay so skinny, or something like that!!!(Of course it could be that she's dropped a stone or something, got to her ideal weight?)

Good for her I say! Some people aren't meant to be like beanpoles and if it makes you miserable it's no good.

But HAS she actually done any acting work lately or is she making all her money talking about her weight? Very strange.

I think this is a cop-out for people who lose weight but are too lazy/greedy to keep it up.

Instead of admitting "oops, I started eating junk and put the weight back on" they say "I didn't really like being thin anyway, it wasn't for me" (not that she was ever 'thin', she just got down to a healthy weight for her height)

I'm sure her heart and blood pressure appreciate her attitude to being overweight.

- and before anyone flames me, I have been overweight myself in the past. But I didn't delude myself that I was happy with the way I looked or that I was healthy, because I wasn't.
    People like her promoting 'big is beautiful' are no better than the modelling industry saying you have to be underweight to be beautiful. For some reason being overweight is more socially acceptible, but neither are healthy.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danslink wrote: »
    she looks exactly like sonia from eastenders!!

It would be strange if she didn't.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Not an expert on her doings, but I don't think anyones given her an acting job since she left EE (though she probably does the luctrative Pantos)

She HAS done a couple of voiceover things and presented a programme on something to do with body images - weight stuff - I think. Just have a vague memory of something like that!

Don't think she's done much else.

Though she probably made a small fortune off gullible idiots who bought her diet DVD. I often wonder why they aren't forced to pay back all they made on the DVD that proudly boasts of losing 10 stone in 6 weeks or whatever it is ... when they pile it all back on again!

I agree! Give the money back!! If I'd been daft enough to buy her DVD I wouldn't be very impressed now - it looks like she was peddling a lie and her diet and exercise programme was too extreme to be maintained!

solare wrote: »
    I guess she has to do a"fat" article now - so she can then lose some weight (doing Strictly) and cash in on some "weight loss" articles later.

If we're really lucky we might get another Christmas DVD....

Oh I hope not. Not another I've lost 1-2 stone doing Strictly :rolleyes:

She is much bigger than that, but she is indeed a lovely lass. She drinks in my mates local and is a sweetie.

Glad to hear that she's a nice lass :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    summerain wrote: »
    I think this is a cop-out for people who lose weight but are too lazy/greedy to keep it up.

Instead of admitting "oops, I started eating junk and put the weight back on" they say "I didn't really like being thin anyway, it wasn't for me" (not that she was ever 'thin', she just got down to a healthy weight for her height)

I'm sure her heart and blood pressure appreciate her attitude to being overweight.

- and before anyone flames me, I have been overweight myself in the past. But I didn't delude myself that I was happy with the way I looked or that I was healthy, because I wasn't.
    People like her promoting 'big is beautiful' are no better than the modelling industry saying you have to be underweight to be beautiful. For some reason being overweight is more socially acceptible, but neither are healthy.

amen to that. I really like Natalie, she comes across as a very genuine and nice person, but somewhat naive too. Promoting being overweight is, just like you said, equally as unhealthy as being underweight. Tbh I don't think she's that much overweight anyway - probably only about 10lbs - but she should still make an effort to stick within a healthy weight range. A size 12 would be a realistic and healthy goal for her.