HDNL couriers - operational hours

fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone know what days/hours that HDNL couriers will be working at this time of year?

We have been waiting for a delivery, and checking the parcel tracking number this morning, we saw the following:
30/12/2010 16:24:00 PRIME SORT The parcel has been sorted at our hub
31/12/2010 07:20:00 MITCHAM DEPOT The parcel has been received into depot
31/12/2010 08:46:00 MITCHAM VAN The parcel has been loaded on to the drivers van

We rearranged our day so that at least one of us would be home at all times, thinking that it would be delivered today as it was on the drivers van, but no luck.

Would I be right in thinking that we won't see it now until Tuesday?

Comments

• KittyKinsKittyKins Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They usually deliver until 8pm I think, received mine today after a very long wait!
  • fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KittyKins wrote: »
    They usually deliver until 8pm I think, received mine today after a very long wait!

Really! That would be good! Must get a tip ready for the driver then - poor bugger having to work til that hour on New Years Eve.

Fingers crossed it arrives then. Thank you :)
  • danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't count on it with their track record, but miracles do happen!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danleto wrote: »
    I wouldn't count on it with their track record, but miracles do happen!

Ah! {takes fiver back out of pocket}

I can but hope then....
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty quick turn round at the depot.

We ordered a Christmas present which arrived at the local depot on 18/12 and sat there until 24/12 when they acknowledged it again by saying parcel in depot.

They then put it on the van on Wednesday morning and it was delivered at 15.00. We had however cancelled the order by then so the driver took it away again.

I thought their website was appalling as they must have known that people were anxious about Christmas deliveries, but their "latest news" was on 1 December!

Good luck with your delivery.
  • Jim_AFCBJim_AFCB Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    They are a shower.

Last time we had a delivery from them, they left the parcel with a neighbour (we both work full time) who was never in when we were and it was four weeks before we could collect it.

Another time they left a parcel outside in the pouring rain.

I have asked Amazon to only send any future orders to us via Royal Mail or lose our business. To date they have complied.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit that I am a bit concerned that it will end up sitting on a couriers van for the next three days if its not delivered tonight (and to be honest, it is looking increasingly doubtful that it will be delivered)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, now I am really worried - the online tracking thing states that the parcel has been delivered at 1929 - question is, where to? Certainly not here!
  • agentzagentz Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, now I am really worried - the online tracking thing states that the parcel has been delivered at 1929 - question is, where to? Certainly not here!

Check around outside, the last delivery I had from HDNL got left by my back door which I didn't realise until I went to let the dog out in the garden.
  • That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    agentz wrote: »
    Check around outside, the last delivery I had from HDNL got left by my back door which I didn't realise until I went to let the dog out in the garden.
    Yep, they do have a habit of leaving things in a 'safe' place because you weren't in. Whether you're in or not... Wheelie Bins are a favourite.
  • alaninmcralaninmcr Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agentz wrote: »

They did almost the same with me. They chucked a package over the large gate that separates my back garden from my drive. Luckily it was well-packed and not fragile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been out front and back, and there is no sign - I'm really not happy. This is around a grands worth of camera and accessories, so it won't take too kindly to being lobbed about.

Phone will be busy tomorrow if they are open!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We rearranged our day so that at least one of us would be home at all times, thinking that it would be delivered today as it was on the drivers van, but no luck.

Would I be right in thinking that we won't see it now until Tuesday?
    If you're in Scotland it could be Wednesday, with the extra holiday.

I'm waiting on HDNL picking up a parcel for return. It should have been today by normal standards, and usually they're really good around here, but since the bad weather struck and now the holidays, there's been delays every time - but it's been the same with every courier and RM.

At least when it's been loaded on to a van, you'll be on the next day's delivery for sure. Right now, I don't know when they'll turn up to collect mine.
  • FriendlyGoatFriendlyGoat Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuesday now. They deliver up until 7pm.

Often when the tracking info says 'delivered' it's an anomaly and it's just been scanned back in to the depot.
  • krytenkkrytenk Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They once delivered to us at 9.50pm, so anything is possible! Completely useless bunch, they've delivered one parcel to a "neighbour" nowhere near us (and we were home all day), another was the 9.50 one, the third went to our next door neighbour at 7.30pm, and on the fourth a guaranteed am delivery came at 5.30pm which was swiftly followed by the driver trying to force his way in to my house, shouting abuse at me through an open window, telling my husband I was f***ing crazy then forging my signature on the delivery! Our complaint led to him undergoing "retraining" which clearly didn't work because on the very odd occasion we make the mistake of ordering from someone who uses them he just shoves the parcel at me and snarls "sign". Nice man!
  • robtuk06robtuk06 Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really! That would be good! Must get a tip ready for the driver then - poor bugger having to work til that hour on New Years Eve.

Fingers crossed it arrives then. Thank you :)

Surely I'm not the only one who finds this strange - tipping someone for doing their job where there is no personal service required (unlike for example a restaurant).

Or am I just really tight with my money?!
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always found them to be really good, only problem weve ever had was a delay by 2 days but that was due to the amount of snow we had round here. Hope you get your parcel soon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    HNDL deliver between 8am and 7pm. On the day of delivery, you will see an added line - saying that the parcel is on the van. You should also get a text message with an estimated delivery time (not always though) If you have your tracking number, you can phone HNDL and ask where your parcel is. When you get to their automated system, ignore all the press this button, press that button, andyou will get through to a human being. Hope this helps
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Sorry, forgot one bit. We have been told that HNDL will not be delivering again until Tuesday 4th Jan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of an update - we phoned the supplier this morning who said that they would get in touch with HDNL and get back to us.

Twenty minutes ago, the door went, and the parcel has been delivered!

Makes me wonder if the driver wanted an early dart last night to go to a party or something, with the intention of catching up today.