The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 5)

Comments

• selly_2301selly_2301 Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. That's an odd paring.

You're welcome. Thats what i thought, i'd always thought it would be Ethan and Lily.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    The same Georgia Moffett whose parents are Peter Davison and Sandra Dickinson, and who is married to David Tennant?
    Charnham wrote: »
    yes, thats the one

Thank you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone know any good spoiler website for the upcoming eps?
  • Say What NowSay What Now Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Not sure I see Honey and Ethan, but you never know maybe opposites will work. I adore Ethan and his character and his brothers. They really have got me tuning back into Casualty with their complex history and their cheeky back and forth. Love them both. I am intrigued to see how Ash and Ethan deal with the fallout of being the ones Jeff saved last this week, they're both bound to feel guilt. Poor Ethan looks wrecked in the promo.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Honey really gonna be a Tea Lady, cause if she is, her character sounds meh, but I guess for the actress, saying, fancy a cup of tea is about the limit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure I see Honey and Ethan, but you never know maybe opposites will work. I adore Ethan and his character and his brothers. They really have got me tuning back into Casualty with their complex history and their cheeky back and forth. Love them both. I am intrigued to see how Ash and Ethan deal with the fallout of being the ones Jeff saved last this week, they're both bound to feel guilt. Poor Ethan looks wrecked in the promo.

i hope they will carry on with the softer side to their relationship (E+C) but from what it looked like on the Winter Trailer it look likes its going to go back to normal, which is still good to watch but it would be nice to see another side to them for a bit. Looks likes the next ep will involve still a good number of scenes where it shows the more softer side to Cal
    Cal worries when Ethan disappears from his hospital bed to attend the funeral.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Saw this coming, they're featured together in the winter trailer.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Honey really gonna be a Tea Lady, cause if she is, her character sounds meh, but I guess for the actress, saying, fancy a cup of tea is about the limit

I suspect she will be like Adele, the wonder HCA in Holby - all things to all men. She will be probably be performing complex neurosurgery by Christmas.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I suspect she will be like Adele, the wonder HCA in Holby - all things to all men. She will be probably be performing complex neurosurgery by Christmas.

I'm dreading it, talk about the total dumbing down of a once classy 'soap' - I used to refuse to see it in this category, but if they are going to cast Chelsee Healey in it then I suppose that is what it has become.
    I simply cannot abide the 'actress' so doubt very much I'll be a viewer for much longer.
  • highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    Hmm..The prospect of Chelsee Healey being a Casualty regular doesn't fill me with confidence. She can be pretty cringy at the best of times.
    However, maybe I shouldn't criticise her prematurely. She might surprise me. ;-)
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear lord. I've just read an interview with her on DS and she was originally meant to play a nurse but when she did a screen test she could not come to terms with all the medical terminology and so they had to change her part to a tea lady instead.

That does not bode well.
  • MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sara_Pitt wrote: »
    In the winter taster film on the bbc website, who is it who has hold of Lily? Is it Iain? And why on earth?

Are they setting up Ethan and RObyn as an item?
    According to DS interview with Chelsee Healey, she's the new love Interest for Ethan.

The interview mentioned ^ has left me :o I just can't understand why they have cast her. She just plays herself.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope she isn't a DS user, I can see threaders ripping into her character every week.

Like I said on another Thread.

One week we loose a well loved character, then the next week Chelsee turns up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:-D :-D
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow that was some crash!

When they all got in the car, I said to my husband 'that's a bit old' (V reg plate) but after the crash I realised if they had a more modern car/people carrier, there would have been air bags, side impact bars etc. which would have made for a less exciting aftermath.
  • NMdum1NMdum1 Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the Ethan-Honey business - it is exceptionally peculiar that they should consider pairing an intelligent, sensitive person like Ethan with somebody described the way Honey has thus far been described - tarot readings and all.... You would think that he would be a good deal more discerning, or perhaps it is just that they are probably paying reasonably good money to get a name recognisable to the people they believe are their core audience and want to make the best possible use of them. Easiest way I can think to do that is to hook them up with a member of the main cast....

There is only one possible explanation I can think of - an extreme reaction to the crash. Some people going through something like that, nearly dying etc, come out the other side emotionally burdened and find themselves gravitating to more 'You only live once' type activities or adventures like extreme-sports and some people come out with a totally different attitude to life - an openness to different possibilities. And some people come out so bruised emotionally that they make supremely bad decisions regularly. Hell, there's growing evidence that some people acquire PTSD from their experiences whilst being treated in Intensive Care which can be a traumatic in and of itself for some people, especially if that person was partly conscious at any point before they were ready to be extubated.

It's not to say that Honey choosing to come into the department isn't a good thing in and of itself, evidently on the day of the funeral, perhaps the coffee shop people realised this particular part of their usual clientele required more hands-on service? Somebody else coming in from outside who doesn't have the same hang-ups and didn't necessarily know Jeff at all, or only knew him by reputation, might well be a good way of balancing out the melodrama in the short-term - I just remain unconvinced by the way they have chosen to execute it. It seems awfully like they (presumably Oliver Kent) had the idea for casting Miss Healey and then when the realised she couldn't quite manage the character they had in-mind - presumably an empathetic, if eccentric Nurse, a sort of perky, gentle, non-Goth version of Holby City's fabulous Frieda Petrenko, somebody who was good at getting to the bottom of other people's problems, good at their job, but also had a distinct aspect to them that set them apart. Instead of using the screen-test as what it is, a way to ensure that the actor you are considering hiring is appropriate for the part and the production and that they are on the same wave-length as the production team as to the likely direction of the character and the show; they threw the rulebook out and re-invented the character to suit the limitations of the actor and then passed it off as an original character conception trying to make gold out of a sow's ear.

This really doesn't bode well. I mean I did say it was almost certainly going to be crap, but to admit that the great addition couldn't quite manage to pretend to be believable as a, presumably quite low-level Nurse, is breathtakingly stupid. It's drawing attention to a problem which they might have gotten away with sweeping under the carpet and giving the more intelligent or at least common-sensical parts of the audience more reason to think that Oliver Kent both takes his audience for granted and doesn't have a bloody clue what he's doing.
  • highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    MarzBar85 wrote: »
    The interview mentioned ^ has left me :o I just can't understand why they have cast her. She just plays herself.

BIB...Very good point but I'm don't want to get all down on Chelsee. We'll see how it goes. :)
  • NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And remember, she only has a four month contract.
  • Say What NowSay What Now Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    It could be me but I’m thinking maybe they are bringing her in as a dalliance for Ethan only to potentially make Lily a bit jealous and bring them two together later down the line. I’m quite a fan of the old role switcheroo and they seemed to initially bring Cal in obviously as Mr Ladies man and I think if Ethan winds up having the two ladies after him and Cal starts to become very much alone, it could make for some interesting drama. I’m really intrigued to find out more about their past. I doubt Ethan/Honey will be a big love affair, just a sweet little side romance.
  • BLADESMAN1889BLADESMAN1889 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a shock (I don't read the mags/gossip) poor Geoff, just as he was on a definite promise.

At least we won't have to suffer anymore jealous Dixie scenes - it's ok for her to have lesbian relations but not Geoff.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just caught up with last week's episode - wow!

I loved the scene where Cal was talking to Ethan in the hospital room - I'm so glad we finally saw another side to Cal.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Chelsee getting a lot of hate before uttering a line.

You never know her character may be as good as Waverley was on short land street!
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's ok for her to have lesbian relations but not Geoff.

Now that would be interesting ;-) :D
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Whilst I don't like the sound of the Honey character, I'm prepared to give the actress a chance. I remember a lot of people were quite scathing about the quality of Camilla Arfwedson on Holby City, before she showed that she can handle the emotional scenes really well.
  • JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe to return to the E.D. on the 25th October episode

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s18/casualty/spoilers/a602564/return-to-sender.html#~oSnSikKXNuyDBZ

Also I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but is that Gary Lucy with Lily in the winter trailer? If so, that could be a scene from the 'Casualty noir' episode.
This discussion has been closed.