Options

The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking as someone who first got to know Connie on Holby City I am saddened by her character development on Casualty. They have bits of her right - the ambition, the high regard for herself - but so much wrong.

She is a shadow of her former self and it really does not sit right with me. Both times she guest appeared on Holby you could see that she was back to her old self, swanning around Darwin and sparring with Jac. That is where she belongs.

I think it is sad to see a once legendary character brought down to being a one dimensional cold hard b*tch.

As for Ash leaving - well if that was it then I feel sorry for Patrick Robinson getting such a poor leaving storyline, he is worth better than that. Did he p*** someone off or something??

You're so right with all this
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Tess actually left? Wikipedia have listed her as a past character.
  • Options
    becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene about ash seemed out of the blue unless i missed something, there wont be any characters left soon.
    Patient storylines were interesting and even though i dont mind connie it seems to be the connie show at the moment. I only started watching a few months ago so i dont know if casualty just focus on a main character at a time

Cal seems to be falling hard for taylor..almost obsessive. Though hope ethan likes his holiday bless him.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    becsie wrote: »
    The scene about ash seemed out of the blue unless i missed something, there wont be any characters left soon.
    Patient storylines were interesting and even though i dont mind connie it seems to be the connie show at the moment. I only started watching a few months ago so i dont know if casualty just focus on a main character at a time

Cal seems to be falling hard for taylor..almost obsessive. Though hope ethan likes his holiday bless him.

I have a feeling (no proof whatsoever) that Taylor will turn out to be transgender, or some twist like that. There is definitely something about her that makes me think Cal is either in for a big shock or a rude awakening.
  • Options
    becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling (no proof whatsoever) that Taylor will turn out to be transgender, or some twist like that. There is definitely something about her that makes me think Cal is either in for a big shock or a rude awakening.

I think it will lead to heartbreak for cal in some way.. From what i get from the preview clips is that she isnt what she seems.
  • Options
    skteoskskteosk Posts: 19,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ALowsley wrote: »
    I disagree with you about Connie. I will reply properly tomorrow but she's not a "selfish arrogant bully". Connie has a good heart deep down. At least she's a very popular character in general and Amanda Mealing is a fab actress.
    I'm not sure if Connie's got a good heart or if she's got just enough good in her for people to convince themselves that she's nice really. She's capable of acts of kindness but she's also capable of doing things that help her career while hurting others, and riding roughshod over people. I don't care how good an actress Amanda Mealing is if I don't like the character she's playing. Connie may have her fans but she also has people going "What have they brought her back for?" Even the Radio Times didn't pretend to be glad to have her back.
  • Options
    skteoskskteosk Posts: 19,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Tess actually left? Wikipedia have listed her as a past character.
    Unlike Ash, she's still on the opening titles, so I'm guessing she's coming back. Don't trust Wikipedia, they let anyone write stuff on there. She's still listed as a current character as well so someone's hedging their bets.
  • Options
    meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Taylor has a lot to do with cal being ill a lot.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just caught up from last Saturdays episode, really enjoyed it. I like the recent (some what) political commentary on poverty, it reminds me of casualty of old and it makes me wonder if they are responding to criticism that it had appeared to lose that edge. It is still a bit light but also (contradiction) heavily signposted but it is better than not being there.

However Connie B, i like the character but i found myself disappointed at the end that ultimately she had learnt nothing from the days events and still ignored Graces call! Grrrrrrr!
  • Options
    SereniitySereniity Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Tess left for good?
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiana Benjamin (Chelsea) and James Alexandrou (Martin). :)

Oh! Jake Moon is there too! :D
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *facepalm* Ethan - it's not your place... Get a road unit rolling...
  • Options
    c0boc0bo Posts: 6,472
    Forum Member
    An ex Eastenders special.
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh hello, it's Martin Fowler and Jake Moon!

I do like Joel Beckett. :)
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the mum of the young girl Denise's daughter from EE
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ethan just went to written warning...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Rita think Connie is specifically being rude to her? Connie's rude to pretty much everyone so I'm sure it's not personal!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »

Yes, she is.

She used to play Chelsea. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »

Yes. Her name in EE was Chelsea :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Yes, she is.

Snap! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone's going missing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to putting Ethan with Lily?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snap! :)

Yes! I was just about to say this!:D
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she is.

Cheers, it was the voice I recognised, she looks quite different, good actress though.

Also, stupid question, what is the connection between Noel and Chelsee Healey's character?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I was just about to say this!:D

Great minds think alike ;-)
This discussion has been closed.