Options

Bullingdon club initiation ceremony

greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is to burn a £50 note in front of a beggar according to a member talking to students at Oxford . In the Mirror

Comments

• Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I had a £50 note once. I spent it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They also like to rock up to country pubs, smash the crockery and furniture, and terrorise the staff and customers whilst they gorge and drink themselves into unconsciousness.

It's all just high spirits though, and definitely not the behaviour of over-privileged thick ****s.
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Im sure most people have done stupid things when they are young.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    They also like to rock up to country pubs, smash the crockery and furniture, and terrorise the staff and customers whilst they gorge and drink themselves into unconsciousness.

It's all just high spirits though, and definitely not the behaviour of over-privileged thick ****s.

A working class or even worse unemployed person does it they are mindless thugs who need locking away from decent folk.

A upper class/rich person does it it's just a jolly jape
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #banter
  • Options
    terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greenyone wrote: »
    Is to burn a £50 note in front of a beggar according to a member talking to students at Oxford . In the Mirror

Makes a change from the buggery that usually goes on amongst public school types.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A working class or even worse unemployed person does it they are mindless thugs who need locking away from decent folk.

A upper class/rich person does it it's just a jolly jape

So very true.

Can I just say, that the "beggars" we have in central London could probably burn two £50 notes in front of these over privileged tossers.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Bullingdon Club is full of such toffs that even Boris Johnson had to publicly disown it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For once, I do actually agree with Boris: "This is a truly shameful vignette of almost superhuman undergraduate arrogance, toffishness and twittishness. But at the time you felt it was wonderful to be going round swanking it up."
  • Options
    BigAndy99BigAndy99 Posts: 3,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least it is their own money.

Labour voters take my hard-earned money and blow it on cheap booze and scratch cards!
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigAndy99 wrote: »

Labour voters take my hard-earned money and blow it on cheap booze and scratch cards!

Have you any evidence for this?

As for the Bullingdon mouth-breathing ponces I would just love for them to to try their 'high jinks' in any working class area pub - perhaps on a sink estate.

That would indeed be a jolly jape.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigAndy99 wrote: »

Careful, you're starting to over-egg that pudding just a tad.
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are all as bad as each other. Look at Harman!. She is posh as f**k!.
  • Options
    belly buttonbelly button Posts: 17,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greenyone wrote: »

And to think they are the people entrusted to look after the vulnerable of this country :(:(
    It sickens me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you any evidence for this?

As for the Bullingdon mouth-breathing ponces I would just love for them to to try their 'high jinks' in any working class area pub - perhaps on a sink estate.

That would indeed be a jolly jape.

A friend of a friend (who I trust) alleges that the Bully Boys were as nice as pie when booking a meal, and continued to be so for a good fifteen minutes while settling in, getting the lay of the land etc.

She was genuinely surprised - and very upset - when she was then called a 'f**king dyke c**t' for not serving drinks quick enough.

"We are the famous Bullingdon Club! And we don't give a f**k!"
    Heroes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    A friend of a friend (who I trust) alleges that the Bully Boys were as nice as pie when booking a meal, and continued to be so for a good fifteen minutes while settling in, getting the lay of the land etc.

She was genuinely surprised - and very upset - when she was then called a 'f**king dyke c**t' for not serving drinks quick enough.

"We are the famous Bullingdon Club! And we don't give a f**k!"
    Heroes.

And these are the people who are running this country.

But they have been ruthlessly brilliant at one thing and one thing only - demonising the weak, poor, sick and most vulnerable in society (with a lot of help from their chums in the media) whilst making their super-rich friends even wealthier than they already were.

Millions of people are now totally convinced that every single person claiming any sort of benefit is a lying, lazy, workshy, scrounging bastard.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    David Dimbleby was a member.
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    idlewilde wrote: »
    David Dimbleby was a member.

Seems to have changed by the time Cameron and Co joined.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/28/article-2331891-1A07D69E000005DC-595_306x577.jpg
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is an absolute c**p name for a called club.

This discussion reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blVsgv0OISY
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    I heard they don't mind a bit of wet willy and soggy biscuit as well. Or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong club....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard they don't mind a bit of wet willy and soggy biscuit as well. Or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong club....

George and Dave may have swapped biscuits a couple of times.

What a revolting thought. :cry:
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't ed milliband attend Oxford aswell? How are Cameron and Osborne toffs and not him? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't ed milliband attend Oxford aswell? How are Cameron and Osborne toffs and not him? :confused:

Alan Johnson should be leading Labour - if he was they would be way ahead in the polls.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alan Johnson should be leading Labour - if he was they would be way ahead in the polls.

Perhaps but I find the attitude towards the backgrounds of Cameron and Osborne laughably hypocritical when you consider ed is as from as affluent a background as they are are. Labour my arse.

Plus getting down with Russell "t**t" Brand is pathetic :D
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    And these are the people who are running this country.

But they have been ruthlessly brilliant at one thing and one thing only - demonising the weak, poor, sick and most vulnerable in society (with a lot of help from their chums in the media) whilst making their super-rich friends even wealthier than they already were.

Millions of people are now totally convinced that every single person claiming any sort of benefit is a lying, lazy, workshy, scrounging bastard.

That's how propaganda works. I realise this is probably Godwining the thread but....Big lie