I think its awful how Nadine is being villified by the universe

2»

Comments

• Lobelia OverhilLobelia Overhil Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karma? Maybe the universe is getting it's own back on her for lying about her age on Pop Stars [Ireland]?

Gawd that was hilariously funny :D
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Jodie- wrote: »
    If she wasn't invited, by Cheryl, then how can she turn up?

I'm assuming that she knew she was going to perform on the show weeks & weeks ago, so could have sent a small text to Nadine to mentioning, "if you're in London on this date I'd like to you come to the show..."

Thanks for that insight into Cheryl's texting. How do you know she didn't text Nadine?

Has Nadine ever turned up to the show other than when they performed together? Sarah's been a few times, Kimberley never bloody leaves and Nicola until this year was on Xtra Factor a couple of times a series (Not sure if she's been on this year, Konnie does my head in)

Again it seems that despite Nadine being the one making the catty remarks about ALL of GA, it's Cheryl getting the blame for not including Nadine?

As someone has said, if it wasn't for talking about how the rest of GA don't like her or how she's not like Cheryl, Nadine would have nothing to talk about.

Cheryl is in no danger of losing her place at the head of GA to Nadine, other than a few diehards on here, I don't know anyone who even likes Nadine, never mind have her as their favourite member of GA. Yes she can sing, noone is denying that (Although her vocals have weakened in recent years, Nicola is the strongest singer in the band, and her diction is terrible live thanks to her American/Irish mangled accent) but she just comes across as quite cold and unfriendly.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's the gift that keeps on giving;
    Speaking to Metro, Coyle explained: "I'm not doing Strictly Come Dancing or X Factor for this campaign. I only want to do live shows.

"What happens with TV shows is you can't always do things live. You can't really get the full effect and with 'Insatiable' being such a big song and because I'm just starting off, I want it to be all about doing stuff live."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a284164/nadine-coyle-i-wouldnt-go-on-x-factor.html

Good to know it was her decision, though. :D
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    I think Nadine is a riot. I love the fact she's very confident with regards to her solo career even though she's set to flop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    There was a one off programme following GA in Australia a few years ago. I didn't see the whole show, but what I do remember was the girls in the hotel in a room together, all chatting and having their hair and make up done. Nadine was sitting downstairs in the lobby with her sister. Then later Nadine was off with her boyfriend - it was clear she didn't want to be with the others.

Fair enough if she wanted time apart from them, but it did come across as if she had no interest in anything to do with the group. It therefore does not surprise me if the rest of GA have not remained close to her or consider her a friend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I agree with all those on here who have said that Nadine's made her own bed. She spent the last few years of being with Girls Aloud avoiding as many promotional events as she could. Not just those like The passions of Girls Aloud and Ghosthunting but also quite important music events like the Brit awards. I can imagine that if she's that unwilling to spend time with the media with the group then she's put quite a lot of journalists off. She always seems quite stand off-ish and has never been seen mixing with the band whilst the others always came across as being really close. Spending all her time in America can't have helped her hold onto that many of her fans or gain many new ones either
  • fynefunfynefun Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    jaclynmc wrote: »
    I agree with all those on here who have said that Nadine's made her own bed. She spent the last few years of being with Girls Aloud avoiding as many promotional events as she could. Not just those like The passions of Girls Aloud and Ghosthunting but also quite important music events like the Brit awards. I can imagine that if she's that unwilling to spend time with the media with the group then she's put quite a lot of journalists off. She always seems quite stand off-ish and has never been seen mixing with the band whilst the others always came across as being really close. Spending all her time in America can't have helped her hold onto that many of her fans or gain many new ones either

remember she lost her 'passport' and had to miss the brits!!!!! aye right
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a one off programme following GA in Australia a few years ago. I didn't see the whole show, but what I do remember was the girls in the hotel in a room together, all chatting and having their hair and make up done. Nadine was sitting downstairs in the lobby with her sister. Then later Nadine was off with her boyfriend - it was clear she didn't want to be with the others.

Fair enough if she wanted time apart from them, but it did come across as if she had no interest in anything to do with the group. It therefore does not surprise me if the rest of GA have not remained close to her or consider her a friend.

It was a series. Australia was where she'd just met Jesse Metcalfe, you couldn't blame her for wanting to be with him!

Also, there was a bit where the other 4 girls stayed in Greece together to go on a trip and Sarah flew back home. It looked like she wanted to get away from the others but it was because she had to film an 'informal' vt with the crew. Same as Nadine with her Mum.
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nadine has kinda made her own bed because she doesn't play the celebrity game but at the same time I think it is kinda crappy the way they go at for her.

I kinda admire her though because she takes it on the chin, that in the era of the 'professional victim' she has absolutely no interest in playing the victim. That while everyone and their mother (and obviously a management team bitter that she left them) seem determined to blame Nadine for every evil in the world she doesn't fight back and blame everyone else for everything that goes wrong. I like her forthrightness about things and her lack of desire to pander to a culture that wants her weeping to the world 'poor me' even if from a PR point of view that approach is poison.

However I think in the long run it will be to her advantage. That in 10-15 years attitudes will be very different and it will be because of how they handled their 'celebrity' career now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that insight into Cheryl's texting. How do you know she didn't text Nadine?

Has Nadine ever turned up to the show other than when they performed together? Sarah's been a few times, Kimberley never bloody leaves and Nicola until this year was on Xtra Factor a couple of times a series (Not sure if she's been on this year, Konnie does my head in)

Again it seems that despite Nadine being the one making the catty remarks about ALL of GA, it's Cheryl getting the blame for not including Nadine?

As someone has said, if it wasn't for talking about how the rest of GA don't like her or how she's not like Cheryl, Nadine would have nothing to talk about.

Cheryl is in no danger of losing her place at the head of GA to Nadine, other than a few diehards on here, I don't know anyone who even likes Nadine, never mind have her as their favourite member of GA. Yes she can sing, noone is denying that (Although her vocals have weakened in recent years, Nicola is the strongest singer in the band, and her diction is terrible live thanks to her American/Irish mangled accent) but she just comes across as quite cold and unfriendly.

Nadine was always at the head of GA:D How often did Cheryl have the main vocal? It was usually the others standing behind Nadine. Of course it wouldn't be that way now, which is why I don't think Nadine will come back. Girls Aloud will be Cheryl's little outreach charity project to put money in Kim and Nicola's pockets.

And Nadine said today that she wasn't invited to go the X Factor, even though she was in London. Maybe Cheryl doesn't want Nadine to meet Godmother Cowell?
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know the reason why Nadine was so distant from the girls? For all we know, the girls could have closed ranks against her or where jealous of her because, let's face it, Nadine is by far the superior singer? Nadine could have been made to feel as if she didn't belong or made to feel like outsider. Biffa's hardly sweetness and light!
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She quit their management and PR in 2007 to try and go solo, got her own manager, tried looking for deals and moved to LA

That's why she's distant.
  • CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's any help, I have NO idea who she is. And I am part of the universe.

Don't worry you're not missing much.