Solitary Card Game Recommendations

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
Forum Member
✭✭
Looking for some card games for one person, there's a massive list on wikipedia but can't be bothered going through every one of those till I find a decent one... so, what would you recommend?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    The only card game I know how to play is Solitaire, which doesn't help you necessarily but I do find it addictive after a while. Then I just mess the card arrangement up when I start losing games :D
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solitaire

Clock patience - deal the cards out face down in the shape of a clock, start at 12, put the 13th card in the middle. This should give you 4 cards on each 'hour' and four in the middle. the final card you deal should be in the middle. Turn it over and start from there. If it's a 2 put it where 2 would be on a clock, Jack is used as 11, Queen is used as 12, Kings go in the middle. The aim of the game is to get all the cards in the right place and end with the fourth King in the centre. The end of the game is either when you complete the clock or when all four Kings are in the centre.
    Not the best game, but ok once in a while.

The 12 patience game (I just call it patince, don't know it's name) - deal 12 cards out face up (4x3), match what makes 12 of any suit, 7&5, 6&6, 8&4 etc by dealing another card on top. Match the Jack, King, Queens, Ace of the same suit and carry on until either there are no more pairs or you run out of cards. You've got it out when you run out of cards.
    Addictive, but innitiative may be needed at times ;)

Can't think of any more at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    The 12 patience game (I just call it patince, don't know it's name) - deal 12 cards out face up (4x3), match what makes 12 of any suit, 7&5, 6&6, 8&4 etc by dealing another card on top. Match the Jack, King, Queens, Ace of the same suit and carry on until either there are no more pairs or you run out of cards. You've got it out when you run out of cards.
    Addictive, but innitiative may be needed at times ;)
    A similar one to that is to deal the cards down one by one in separate stacks. When you get a pair of numbers, deal the next two cards over them. Once the deck is out, the game is finished, a 'competition' element comes into play when you see how few stacks you get at the end. You shouldn't have more than 13, but I think that's quite unlikely. My lowest has been 7; it's usually around 9 or 10.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couple of options here,

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/one-player-card-games.html

Have a look on google, there are more.

Also if you have a smart phone or tablet, there are plenty of card games on there you can download.
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, possibly the best thing to do as one person and a pack of cards is to get a book and learn some card tricks. Some involving clever shuffles take a lot of practice, but it is quite enjoyable becoming expert.