Options

Stv Hd

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
Forum Member
Can anyone tell me the setting for this channel please on Freesat?

Thanks

Mike

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikestan wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the setting for this channel please on Freesat?

Thanks

Mike

It's not on the Freesat epg, you have to use non freesat mode (or whatever fta mode is called on your box) and it must be able to specify the right fec

10936 V DVB-S2 QPSK 23000 8/9

SID is 3855.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi , yes I did realise that it was Non Freesat - I guess I worded my question none too well.

Thank you for the info - much appreciated!

Mike
    It's not on the Freesat epg, you have to use non freesat mode (or whatever fta mode is called on your box) and it must be able to specify the right fec

SID is 3855.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On Astra 1F I can only get the FEC to go to 5/6 and no higher - any advice please?

Thanks,

Mike

SID is 3855.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikestan wrote: »
    On Astra 1F I can only get the FEC to go to 5/6 and no higher - any advice please?

Thanks,

Mike

Which box, seems some aren't capable of specifying 8/9 - hence my comment. It's OK on a Humax box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah! It's the Samsung box SMT - S7800

Which box, seems some aren't capable of specifying 8/9 - hence my comment. It's OK on a Humax box.
  • Options
    Soap DodgerSoap Dodger Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I have a Samsung box in my caravan in South Ayrshire and asked on this site to to install STV HD..sure it was as instructed above!!! So on non-freesat I get ITV HD/STV HD AND PLUS 1 services as well!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks to me like I'm not going to get STV HD unfortunately on this box

Mike
    I have a Samsung box in my caravan in South Ayrshire and asked on this site to to install STV HD..sure it was as instructed above!!! So on non-freesat I get ITV HD/STV HD AND PLUS 1 services as well!!
  • Options
    BspksBspks Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can only get the FEC up to 5/6 the chances are you have it set to 8PSK instead of QPSK, also make sure you are in DVB-S2 not DVB-S, not all parameters are available in all modes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks - I'll give it another go tomorrow

Grateful for your comments

Mike

Bspks wrote: »
    If you can only get the FEC up to 5/6 the chances are you have it set to 8PSK instead of QPSK, also make sure you are in DVB-S2 not DVB-S, not all parameters are available in all modes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I checked again and made sure I was in DVBS2 QPSK but still cant get the FEC higher than 5/6

Mike
    Bspks wrote: »