Ste/John Paul [McHay] [Hollyoaks] Appreciation Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed at this bit
    Anyway, John Paul's had everyone else, he might as well have Ste!
    :D:p
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »

That's nice to hear. I hope we get to see a loving relationship between them, at least for a while. It seems like we rarely see couples happy on Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    Amy_Jayne93Amy_Jayne93 Posts: 200
    Forum Member

Thanks for making my day priscilla! :D:D

I agree with you trevon1. I hope they have a loving relationship and to be honest if the article is anything to go by then they will. :)

After everything the two have been through I'm happy to hear they will finally have some happiness in their lives. I'm glad that they will both be there for each other to get through everything.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kieron and James are up for best soap actor for the TVChoice awards http://www.tvchoicemagazine.co.uk/awards/2014/vote here's the link, you can skip the other categories if you want until you get to the soap stuff.
  • Options
    Amy_Jayne93Amy_Jayne93 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Kieron and James are up for best soap actor for the TVChoice awards http://www.tvchoicemagazine.co.uk/awards/2014/vote here's the link, you can skip the other categories if you want until you get to the soap stuff.

^ Thanks for the link priscilla. :) Gosh that was a difficult choice but I went with Kieron in the end!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to these upcoming episodes. Wish they didn't have to bring back the Danny stuff, but it looks like that will be an afterthought eventually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great scene between the pair of them today. Wish it was longer. I hope they stay together for a while. They work well together.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decided to join this thread as I am a fan of the JP/Ste pairing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Todays E4 ep was good :) The troll scene at the end was very sweet! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I love them together! I'm excited for the next few weeks but I'm also excited for the conflicts to be over and for them to settle down a bit. Their little boyfriendy cheek kiss was so cute and natural in today's episode though (although everything else about today's episode was painful :( ).

The troll thing was so sweet (I cried!) but when JP started talking about it in the hospital at the beginning of the episode, I have to admit I laughed. It was such a typical soap moment--randomly bring up some bizarre childhood memory that was never ever referenced before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They have been so damn cute these past two episodes! Aw! <3<3<3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed their interactions recently. Very sweet. Nice to see people in a relationship actually get along on Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know that they are so firmly entrenched in very dramatic storylines (and rightly so), but it was lovely seeing sweet and silly moments between them.

Ste is so sweet and charming when he's not battling his drug demons. Him talking to Marlena was great. "Like grandpa, like grandson." "That's just what happens to fitties like us, Marlena!" And don't get me started on the whole "When you love someone, you can always tell when they love you back." (disclaimer: I cried haha)
  • Options
    SweetkittyukSweetkittyuk Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I think John Paul and Ste make a great couple. They have both been through a lot and will be good support for each other. They deserve to be happy for a change and can help each other with John. Paul's rape and Ste's drug problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They have... I do wish they got some more moments of peace though (big ask for a soap, especially Hollyoaks, I know). Those two episodes leading up to the reveal were so excellent and refreshing.

Buuut they are both characters who constantly have misery heaped on them... (partially because I think they're two actors who play vulnerability very well, especially Kieron jesus) and I have a feeling just given interviews and things that nothing is about to let up anytime soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nice interactions between them today. I know it does seem like all of a sudden JP's rape trauma has disappeared which is irritating, but I enjoy their scenes together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I kind of get it, to be honest. He hasn't been intimate in almost a year, which is a big deal for someone for whom it's a regular thing. He finally feels comfortable and secure with a partner. Is possibly going to therapy (not sure if him looking at the number means he's going or still thinking about going)? And then finally he gets some semblance of justice.

More realistically, though. The show probably don't want to pay Kieron and James for extra scenes later on after the trial so they figure since they already have to have James at the bail hearing, they might as well include this little SL as well :P I, for one, would have been way happier with their next SL together being about rediscovering intimacy, and I'm sure a lot of people would have been too but noooooo they got it out of the way now so it'll probably be more drug/gangster stuff.

Eh, it could have been handled worse. And I'm happy to see happy things. I was actually quite moved by their first scene together too. JP trying so hard to normally go shopping :(
  • Options
    CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lexluna wrote: »
    I think that this pairing is intriguing if they are going that direction. It certainly would be the most interesting pairing of JP's since Craig. I never liked any other pairing JP was put in before. We'll see where it goes.

In the end though I will always believe that Mcdean will find their way back to each other no matter how many breakups they had unless one of them dies. They were always that on and off intense soulmate couple to me. HO don't even think about killing one.

Hope when/if JP leaves, it's for a McDean reuniting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hope when/if JP leaves, it's for a McDean reuniting.

me too.
  • Options
    Lucie_GirardLucie_Girard Posts: 36,092
    Forum Member
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    me too.

Exactly it's all that i want :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Reviving this old thread to say that I for one am kind of gutted that they're over over. After all they've been through. Sigh.

I think they were let down by the writing. The writers don't know how to treat Ste. When they first had that initial spark back when the Lomaxes had just been introduced, while JP was being bullied through to the aftermath of his imprisonment, Ste was a tremendously likable, stable character. But they like piling misery onto him because Kieron is a skilled actor. But that just makes Ste this massive train wreck of a human being. There has to be something going wrong with him at all times.