Ear / Body Piercing experiences

Comments

• MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 373,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had my ears pierced when I was 8.

I had my ears pierced for a second time when I was 10.

I was 12 or 13 when I had my bellybutton pierced.

I was 15 when I had my left ear cartilage pierced.

And 16 when I had my nose pierced.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I had my ears pierced as a baby, apparently I didn't even cry. I am quite glad my Mum chose for me to have them done so young as I didn't notice the pain. I had my 2nd holes done at about 13 and it hurt so much. I didn't keep the 2nd ones in for very long as they had done them too close to my 1st hole and there was no room for both earrings.
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got my ears pierced when I was 7.
    And then age 18 (so in the past few months) I've had 4 more in my right ear - cartilage, and then 3 above my original one :)
  • lovejerseyshorelovejerseyshore Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    I got my ears done when i was 12. Then when i turned 16 i had my belly button pierced. This was probably a bad experience as i had the top done twice and each time it wouldn't heal and kept getting infected so i had to take it out and let it heal.....so whilst that was healing i decided to try getting the bottom bit done, again it got infected. I was so sick of it getting infected i left it over a year and decided to try a different piercing studio when i went to uni and it actually stayed until now. The aftercare advice i was given was to use the savlon spray and it worked. The prevous piercer where it kept getting infected told me to use lukewarm water with sea salt and use it like a vacumn over my belly, i think the salt must have reacted bad to the piercing and dried it out as it never healed after all those times. I don't think that first piercer was a bad place as i had friends who had it done there and was given the same aftercare advice and their piercing turned out fine, maybe i wasn't cleaning it properly who knows. It didn't put me off though as i went back to get my nose done and that's all good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been pierced 22 times now, I still have them all in expect for a pair of lobe piercings that I took out because they were wonky. Luckily never had any serious problems with any!
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I got my first lot of ear piercings done at 9 I had been bugging my parents for years and my older sister had hers done for her birthday that year and me being a Daddy's girl managed to sweet talk my Dad into letting me get them done. My Mum wanted me to wait until I was the same age as my sister(12). When I was 14 I got another couple of holes done in each ear and then a couple of years later I decided to pierce my own ears again just sticking an icepack on my ear and shoving the earring through, so had 4 in one ear and 5 in the other. I ended up taking them all except for the first ones out about 10 years ago as I wanted to wear nice earrings and found it looked stupid having all these odds and ends in my ears and it distracted from the nice earrings. I think I grew out of it and my life and dress sense/style changed so it didn't really suit.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    I know that this is an old thread but I thought that I'd do a search rather than create a new one.

I had my nose pierced in 2009, attempted to change the jewellery too quickly and it got infected so I took the jewellery out and let it close and heal.

About 4 months later I got it pieced again at a different studio. This time with a needle as opposed to a gun. I asked them to pierce where the scar was but they didn't. I only noticed this yesterday when changing my jewellery. I didn't think that I would be able to put anything in it, but I could.

I had jewellery in both piercings and left them overnight, making sure that I cleaned the older piercing three times before going to bed and cleaning it again this morning. I removed jewellery from the older piercing before work today and since getting home I've been unable to put jewellery back in.

Is it possible that it's closed in such a short amount of time?
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Got my lobes pierced when i was about ten at the hairdressers with a gun. I was terrified despite me begging mum to let me have it done because i thought it was a real gun and the hairdresser would be stood the other side of the salon shooting earings at me :D

I dont remember much pain and it was fine for a while. I hated having my ears touched though and it used to hurt when mum took them out when i had gym so i quit gym!

When i was about 12 i had the second holes pierced the same way and that was fine.

At 16 i had one of my tragus pierced. It was at a tattooists and they numbed my ear and did it with a needle and it was pain free. No problems at all. I went back there to have the side of my ear done, and the same method was used. Again no problems.

I then had my belly button done and it was fine until i caught it on a belt buckle and it hurt like hell. Ended up taking it out because the pull had dislodged it and it started being pushed out of my body. You could see the bar through the skin! Now its just a faint scar.

Then i had my other tragus done somewhere else and it was a nightmare. They sprayed it with numbing stuff and used a needle but the numbing stuff had no effect. It was so painful i almost cried and my whole ear went bright red. About half hour after we went round tescos and the numbing spray kicked in. The problem was my whole ear went numb and the whole side of my face did! I couldnt hear properly out of my ear and i couldnt feel my cheeks when i touched them. That lasted about 2 hours. In hindsight we shouldve complained but we had gone to somewhere owned by a relative so didnt want to cause a dispute.

Years later i took all the piercings out for work. Then i decided i wanted the tragus back so went to have it repeirced. Now thats the only one i wear constantly. I only wear one pair of earings for special occasions but thats rarely.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had my ears pierced when I was 13 - my choice. My grandmother took me to her local jeweller to have it done and bought me a pair of gold hoops :)

Had my navel pierced a few years ago but the piercing was rejected - no matter what kind of jewellery I used in it so I eventually gave up with that.

Four tattoos. Love them all :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i firdt had my ears pierced when i was around 12 or 13..when i could change them after 6 weeks, well i couldn't take them out, or put them in, i felt queezy lol.. i went weak at the knees and it felt erugh :D
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i firdt had my ears pierced when i was around 12 or 13..when i could change them after 6 weeks, well i couldn't take them out, or put them in, i felt queezy lol.. i went weak at the knees and it felt erugh :D

Thats exactly how i was! I found the ones they pierce you with are a really tight fit so i wasnt strong enough to pull the back off. I had to lay on the sofa while mum took them out and i hated it! I used to feel faint and sick.

Eventually i realised why. When i learnt to do it myself i just held the front and pulled the back off, no problems. With mum she would pull both parts with such force and it was the feeling of the front being ripped out fast and at an angle what made me feel sick.
  • Adam FirstAdam First Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Tatoos and piercings are vile!
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I've had ear piercings with a gun and others done by a proper piercer. First time bled but the next few didn't. I've had my eyebrow pierced and the ring worked it's way out until it was nearly right out so I got it taken out. I had my navel pierced which took time to heal. I had to have emergency surgery and they took my piercing out by cutting the bar in half. I got it repierced but it wasn't as good and then I put a heavier piece of jewellery in it and it made the hole quite big to the point where when I had a bar in it fell out. I've the middle / inner bit of flesh in my ear pierced which hurt more than my other piercings. I've still got it and it's stayed put so far. I'm planning on getting my nipples done. I am worried they might work their way out though. I pierced my lip twice myself but it looked shit so I took them out!
    I've got a lot of tattoos. I got my first one on my breast at 17 and had my most recent one a couple of years ago. I've got a pattern of stars on my neck, half a sleeve, one across my belly, some on my back and a few others. I got a small one on my ankle that has blurred so I'll get that covered with a black rose I think. One of my tattoos feels raised sometimes which is a bit weird. My nephew and his wife both have their tongues pierced and said it didn't hurt so I might get mine done. Mind you I get mouth ulcers and sometimes blood blisters on my tongue so I'm a bit wary about that one. (Yuk I know, sorry :blush:).
  • MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 373,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my ears pierced for the first time when I was 8.

I got my ears pierced for the second time in my teens.

I got my bellybutton pierced at the age of 12.

A couple of years later I got my left ear cartlidge pierced. My favourite piercing :D

And finally when I was 15 I got my nose pierced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Have:
    Both Ear lobes x1
    Belly button x1
    Top of ear x1
    Nipple x1
    Nose x1

Used to have
    Two more in each ear lobe x2
    Tragus x 1
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Three lots of ear studs:

First lot done at 13, second at 17 and third at 20.

Had my nose pierced when I was 31.

Not a lot of soreness or swelling and the top set of ear studs were the most painful.
  • 19carlymarie8819carlymarie88 Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    1st ear piercing when I was 1 - Think my mum said it was a local chemist that done it with a gun. Glad it was done then as I have no recollection.

2nd set at 13 with a gun and then over next 3yrs countless holes at top of my ears but always went funny so took them out.

16 - Belly button pierced, purely because I was told nothing but my ears til 16 so went straight out on my birthday and done it. I took it out when I was about 23!

17 I got my first tattoo of now 20! - The ever so classy tribal trampstamp hahahaha!

18 I got my tongue pierced - Was fine, the usual swollen experience and still have it now.

I have since had my tragus, anti tragus, forward helix and several microdermals & skindivers (those on my wrists and one next to ear.

And for the record I got my daughters ears pierced when she was 4 months old. Went to Claires (I know, they aren't the best) as they did both at the same time so less stress for my daughter. Was advised to go before she was due a bottle so had her bottle right away to calm her then went to sleep. 2 mins of crying max if that!
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had my ears pierced when I was 10. My sister was furious as she was older than me and had to wait until she was 15 !! I still don't think she has ever forgiven me.

I had another piercing on my lobes above the originals when I was about 16. My dad went mad claiming "only tarts have their ears pieced twice". My mum loved them. Dad made me promise only to wear small studs in the 2nd holes ... and I kept to this. However, when I reached the age of 25 ish I took them out and they have closed up.

I got the cartilage pierced in one ear when I was about 30 ... but by god did that hurt. I could never change the ring and I couldn't lay in bed on that side as the pain was horrendous. I took it out after about a year of suffering.

I keep meaning to buy some small hoops to wear. I have some beautiful earrings that my husband has bought me over the years, but I'm lazy and forget to wear them. I constantly worry that my holes are closing up. I need some sleepers (is that the right word) so they can go in and stay in.
  • damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had my ears pierced when I was about 16. 2 holes in left lobe and 1 in the right. My friend did them using a darning needle that had been soaked in hydrogen peroxide and an old wine cork held at the back of the lobe. I swear, it did not hurt but the slight crunching sound as the needle went in was a bit off putting. After a nice cup of tea, I then did hers in the same way........those were the days.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Lobes, nostril, tragus and helix in my right ear, forward helix in my left ear. I fancy a conch in my left ear to balance it out. 😃 No exciting back story really, all but lobes done in a piercing studio with a needle.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    first piercing were my ears when I was 14 with a darning needle, there were four of us and we did each others
    got second lot in my ears when I was 20 by a gun

I had loads of trouble with the second lot and no trouble with the piercing we did when we were kids
  • araprado0214araprado0214 Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    When I was in high school, my ears had about 8 piercings in total. A classmate of mine used to pierce my ears for me using a needle. Just that. No gun -- she just manually pushed it in my ear and once it's done, she'll cut off the sharp part and I'll leave it there for a day or two before replacing it with an earring.

This is a totally unsanitary way of doing this, which I only realized when I had an infection Ahah. Damn teenage brain thinking that I can do anything :D
  • WishesWishes Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Pierced my own ears when I was 13 with a needle and pushed sleepers through.
    Had my belly button pierced about twenty years ago. Huge keloid appeared pushing the piercing out, so I let it heal up.
    Have had nose pierced approximately 5 times, each times again, keloid and won't heal. Thinking about getting it done again, this time with a needle, not gun.
    Have tragic piercings, about twenty years ago, no problems.
    Five tattoos, bee on left hand. Curly design with daughters name on wrist. Large koi on inside arm, blue angel on left ankle.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    I got my nipple pierced last week. It was painful but I think that I was expecting the pain to be worse. That might just be down to the fact that I haven't had a piercing for six years.
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    I just had my ears pierced 2 weeks ago, I'm 22. I've been meaning to get them done for years. I would always look at pretty earrings in shops and wish that I could buy them. Now I finally can! :p

I had them done when I was 5 in the US but I didn't liked having them cleaned, so my parents took the studs out and let them close up.