Tess/Fletch (Casualty) appreciation thread.

Comments

• Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was definitely looking at him at the end as if to say, why the interest. She was definitely having a think . I think it was more than
    She thought shed given too much away

Zoe was well within her rights to ask why Tess snapped at him.

I work in a hospital myself and I know that if I started acting over-concerned with male colleagues (other way around I know) alarm bells would be ringing. Same goes anywhere really. But, this is just me over-thinking as I always do.

It's only a programme...I need to tell myself that sometimes. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol!! But the dynamics between the two are intriguing . It's two people you wouldn't normally put together and they so work. Usually shows put obvious ones together like Tom and sam .. Tess and fletch are so believable.. And should be a couple!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think fletch has also realised Zoe knows the reason why Tess has finished their relationship!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think fletch has also realised Zoe knows the reason why Tess has finished their relationship!!

Now that I think about that scene, the more I agree with this. The way he looked would definitely suggest it. Maybe that's why he goes digging about her appointment. In normal circumstances it has nothing to do with him and she is right when she says it's none of his business, as they aren't 'together'. I literally cannot wait for that scene to air.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that I think about that scene, the more I agree with this. The way he looked would definitely suggest it. Maybe that's why he goes digging about her appointment. In normal circumstances it has nothing to do with him and she is right when she says it's none of his business, as they aren't 'together'. I literally cannot wait for that scene to air.

I know! I think def what Zoe said has got him thinking and the fact tess wanted to tell him something before he went away... Think that if he found out it would have more of an impact if they were together...
    I think it's quite funny that he thinks the only reason tess doesn't want to be with him is because he's married.. He makes it out to be a small, insignificant thing, and his reaction 'is that the only reason ?' Suggests that he would be prepared to leave ??

And also I don't think he believes that's the only reason she didn't want him.. She still got with him even though he was married.. Although she is right that's why it can't work /go anywhere !!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know! I think def what Zoe said has got him thinking and the fact tess wanted to tell him something before he went away... Think that if he found out it would have more of an impact if they were together...
    I think it's quite funny that he thinks the only reason tess doesn't want to be with him is because he's married.. He makes it out to be a small, insignificant thing, and his reaction 'is that the only reason ?' Suggests that he would be prepared to leave ??

And also I don't think he believes that's the only reason she didn't want him.. She still got with him even though he was married.. Although she is right that's why it can't work /go anywhere !!!

That's what I like about these 2, they bring complications out of nothing.

If he stepped back and realised what she actually said, i.e. she didn't want to be with him because he was married, it would dawn on him that something bigger was going on. That, unfortunately, hasn't happened yet. I wanted to see his reaction to her being pregnant, that was something I was hoping for. I'm gutted we didn't get that.

It didn't bother her that he was married all the times before they were having the affair, he should be thinking why has it suddenly started bothering her now and what has changed and why?

I do however think that him telling her he loved her was because he was leaving work and he grabbed the opportunity to do it as she had dumped him. He knew he (probably) wouldn't get another chance because the next day they would be back to being JUST work colleagues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad he did tell her.. Which makes me wonder why the writers did that, if that was the end of them? I think him finding out about the pregnancy will only work if they are together which don't know if that will happen??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I like about these 2, they bring complications out of nothing.

If he stepped back and realised what she actually said, i.e. she didn't want to be with him because he was married, it would dawn on him that something bigger was going on. That, unfortunately, hasn't happened yet. I wanted to see his reaction to her being pregnant, that was something I was hoping for. I'm gutted we didn't get that.

It didn't bother her that he was married all the times before they were having the affair, he should be thinking why has it suddenly started bothering her now and what has changed and why?

I do however think that him telling her he loved her was because he was leaving work and he grabbed the opportunity to do it as she had dumped him. He knew he (probably) wouldn't get another chance because the next day they would be back to being JUST work colleagues.

Yes am gutted that we never got the chance to see Fletchs reaction :0( or whether or not he will leave his family for her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been thinking about the upcoming Christmas Casualty episodes A LOT lately and what we may/may not see RE Fletch's emotional storyline. I wonder if he does find out about abortion and is heartbroken (I've always wanted a storyline that takes him away from being the department 'joker'), I want something to really ruffle his feathers and get through his nice exterior. This will sound strange but I want to see him crying in front of Tess after she tells him, this surely can't be the end of it. Then again, whether that's his daughter in the clip it maybe all family related. Tess may come round to the idea of helping him through it, if he leaves his family or his wife leaves him. I notice he pushes a man to the ground. Little girl's dad, or his wife's new partner? Jumping to conclusions but oh my god it's going to be good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been thinking about the upcoming Christmas Casualty episodes A LOT lately and what we may/may not see RE Fletch's emotional storyline. I wonder if he does find out about abortion and is heartbroken (I've always wanted a storyline that takes him away from being the department 'joker'), I want something to really ruffle his feathers and get through his nice exterior. This will sound strange but I want to see him crying in front of Tess after she tells him, this surely can't be the end of it. Then again, whether that's his daughter in the clip it maybe all family related. Tess may come round to the idea of helping him through it, if he leaves his family or his wife leaves him. I notice he pushes a man to the ground. Little girl's dad, or his wife's new partner? Jumping to conclusions but oh my god it's going to be good.

Yes, I want to see them both like that with each other.. I just hope they don't rip them apart completely.. If he does find out, if he hasn't left his family, why would it be so much of a punch? Also if his family do leave him, surely he was considering that anyway , the decisions been made for him? I just hope it doesn't all lead to his exit scenes with all these new characters coming in!! I'm hoping they will bring them both back together somehow... He did say in an interview there will be pain and struggle for them .. I've seen the pain tess side, but not any struggle, ESP from fletch!!

Please writers get them together!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I want to see them both like that with each other.. I just hope they don't rip them apart completely.. If he does find out, if he hasn't left his family, why would it be so much of a punch? Also if his family do leave him, surely he was considering that anyway , the decisions been made for him? I just hope it doesn't all lead to his exit scenes with all these new characters coming in!! I'm hoping they will bring them both back together somehow... He did say in an interview there will be pain and struggle for them .. I've seen the pain tess side, but not any struggle, ESP from fletch!!

Please writers get them together!!

If he does leave I will be gutted, though I realise fully that these scenes at Christmas may well lead to this. You're right, there has been no emotion or struggle from Fletch. These interviews were quite a while ago.

One thing I'd love to see (but it won't happen!) is they get back together and for Alex and Suzanne to be interviewed talking about it on TV.... :D. Though, they could have done that already when the affair first happened as a lot of people seemed shocked by it.

Wishful thinking.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he does leave I will be gutted, though I realise fully that these scenes at Christmas may well lead to this. You're right, there has been no emotion or struggle from Fletch. These interviews were quite a while ago.

One thing I'd love to see (but it won't happen!) is they get back together and for Alex and Suzanne to be interviewed talking about it on TV.... :D. Though, they could have done that already when the affair first happened as a lot of people seemed shocked by it.

Wishful thinking.....

It will either lead to him leaving ( I haven't heard that he is) or him and tess reunited. I can't make my mind up.
    Clearly their relationship hasn't been forgotten as they have issues coming up in the autumn
    Spoilers.. And if nothing else was going to happen with them, surely it would have just been left? The fact that she is snapping at him and struggling to work with him, they only had about a 5 min thing with them
    In the last one, but writers made it quite obvious with their reactions to each other that something further is going to happen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Realistically, if they are over, fletch would have no reason to find out about what's happened .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Realistically, if they are over, fletch would have no reason to find out about what's happened .

To be honest, I wasn't expecting ANY scenes with them in the autumn spoilers and actually I was pleasantly surprised. I thought, 'oh they'll just leave it', and I'm so glad it seems to ongoing albeit subtle.

I wonder if she will get so far as she becomes intolerable to work with him, so she tells him. Bloody gutted he isn't in it next week, but least it's back on. Yesterday was rubbish without a regular Casualty 'fix', it's not the same if they take it off.

If he doesn't find out, which he may not, it's been a bit of a letdown.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then again, she seems okay with him (apart from that corridor scene) in the spoilers, so again that's just me over-thinking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then again, she seems okay with him (apart from that corridor scene) in the spoilers, so again that's just me over-thinking.

Yes I wasn't expecting any either. I can't help thinking the I love you scene was in some way significant ? If that was the end, it would be quite random.. Why get him to say that if its finished..

Maybe with whatever happens to fletch, it brings him
    And tess closer?? When they were having that quiet chat, saying couldn't afford to lose him, she seemed quite close to
    Him, even upset a bit??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I wasn't expecting any either. I can't help thinking the I love you scene was in some way significant ? If that was the end, it would be quite random.. Why get him to say that if its finished..

Maybe with whatever happens to fletch, it brings him
    And tess closer?? When they were having that quiet chat, saying couldn't afford to lose him, she seemed quite close to
    Him, even upset a bit??

Very true, if it was properly over and done with, there wouldn't be any point in him saying that, though it was lovely of him to do. People are saying he didn't seem convincing the way he said he loved her, what do you think?

Re-watched clips again, and where she says they can't afford to lose him, she does seem upset and maybe she realises what an asset he is to the department. He just got promoted after all, which she had a hand in helping him to get. I hope he doesn't think about leaving after the whole fraud thing whatever it may be.

At one point he smiles outside, but they are clever not to show who he smiles at or with. Also, at the very beginning of the clip, he is with that man on the floor, looks like it maybe on location as it doesn't look like anywhere within the department, he is wearing a jacket over his scrubs. Maybe a case of wrong place, right time.

I've always thought that whatever happens to him at Christmas may bring them closer together, but we will have to see.

Oh I do love a bit of Fletch. A bit too much. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true, if it was properly over and done with, there wouldn't be any point in him saying that, though it was lovely of him to do. People are saying he didn't seem convincing the way he said he loved her, what do you think?

Re-watched clips again, and where she says they can't afford to lose him, she does seem upset and maybe she realises what an asset he is to the department. He just got promoted after all, which she had a hand in helping him to get. I hope he doesn't think about leaving after the whole fraud thing whatever it may be.

At one point he smiles outside, but they are clever not to show who he smiles at or with. Also, at the very beginning of the clip, he is with that man on the floor, looks like it maybe on location as it doesn't look like anywhere within the department, he is wearing a jacket over his scrubs. Maybe a case of wrong place, right time.

I've always thought that whatever happens to him at Christmas may bring them closer together, but we will have to see.

Oh I do love a bit of Fletch. A bit too much. :D[/QUOTE

I believed him.. Totally.. I thought it was lovely and mad at tess for not being honest with him.. She was so surprised.. I think she said the first thing that came into her head!

If he hadn'tve done and it was over with, he could've gone quietly back to his family and that would be that..although I'm not entirely sure that's what he wants...

Maybe Tess lies for him to get him out of a tricky situation? I don't know.. I can't think for the life of me what would be that heartbreaking for fletch unless it involves tess.. If its just a case of wife leaving.. He was considering doing that anyway ??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's already gone against her beliefs by having an affair with a married man, what's to say she won't cover for him so he keeps his job? It'll be good to watch. I think Fletch brought out the best in Tess, they had (?have) real on-screen chemistry I think, unlike Sam and Tom, who have none (in my opinion).

I thought him saying he loved her was 100% genuine (I always think, 'aww bless him'), the smirk afterwards was total Fletch, trying to make light of a bad situation after being dumped. She said the first thing that came into her mind which was that she didn't feel the same way. Of course she does.

One thing I don't agree with is that the fact his wife has had no part in it so far, we've never seen why he is unhappy at home. At one point (months ago) he said he was just a dad at home, so are him and his wife are just together for the kids? They should have shown more than that. When his wife phoned him outside the pub in the red button episode she seemed quite nagging as she must have been on about him drinking as he was saying I don't get hangovers etc. Then again, they seemed to be fine at the end and quite 'together'.

I think the heartbreaking thing at Christmas is something to do with his daughter, if was some random girl, would they have put it in the preview clip?

My posts are getting longer and longer, not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. :eek: If I start repeating myself please say. Haha.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's already gone against her beliefs by having an affair with a married man, what's to say she won't cover for him so he keeps his job? It'll be good to watch. I think Fletch brought out the best in Tess, they had (?have) real on-screen chemistry I think, unlike Sam and Tom, who have none (in my opinion).

I thought him saying he loved her was 100% genuine (I always think, 'aww bless him'), the smirk afterwards was total Fletch, trying to make light of a bad situation after being dumped. She said the first thing that came into her mind which was that she didn't feel the same way. Of course she does.

One thing I don't agree with is that the fact his wife has had no part in it so far, we've never seen why he is unhappy at home. At one point (months ago) he said he was just a dad at home, so are him and his wife are just together for the kids? They should have shown more than that. When his wife phoned him outside the pub in the red button episode she seemed quite nagging as she must have been on about him drinking as he was saying I don't get hangovers etc. Then again, they seemed to be fine at the end and quite 'together'.

I think the heartbreaking thing at Christmas is something to do with his daughter, if was some random girl, would they have put it in the preview clip?

My posts are getting longer and longer, not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. :eek:

I think she would cover for him because she loves him.
    I think she does feel the same way by the way she looks at him/ the way she is with him.

Fletch I think upset that she said that , and think the grin was
    more of a despairing one.. And he knows she's not being honest.

No I don't really understand his relationship with his wife.. But then I'm not sure he expected to fall for tess and vice versa.

Just a bit confused as to where they are taking the relationship.. Normally you can tell when it's done and dusted but I really don't know..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is true what was said they bring out the best in each other.. And it's not like they are all over each other at work either, which is very refreshing.. It's very subtle, with looks and touches.. Would be a shame to waste it!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is true what was said they bring out the best in each other.. And it's not like they are all over each other at work either, which is very refreshing.. It's very subtle, with looks and touches.. Would be a shame to waste it!!

The little looks/touches was one thing I liked about them. Even the sly texting between them when he was out with paramedics. Fletch telling Jeff it was the 'Mrs', of course it was! You could totally tell it wasn't, but Jeff was seemingly oblivious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if you read fanfics at all, but just reading one that makes out he only got higher job because of their affair. I don't think it came across like that in the show though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if you read fanfics at all, but just reading one that makes out he only got higher job because of their affair. I don't think it came across like that in the show though.

No because she wouldn't help him. Charlie fought for him aswell!! I just hope that whatever happens it brings them closer and makes tess realise she loves him. It's so frustrating!! Really don't know which way they are heading with the relationship
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No because she wouldn't help him. Charlie fought for him aswell!! I just hope that whatever happens it brings them closer and makes tess realise she loves him. It's so frustrating!! Really don't know which way they are heading with the relationship

She also seemed annoyed with him for being late (understandably). I always thought he thought he was going to get an easy ride in that interview, she had to treat him equally. He did royally mess it up though but they clearly went on previous merit.

Very frustrating indeed.