upgrade with 3 problems

whohasmynameukwhohasmynameuk Posts: 782
Forum Member
✭✭
First off I would like to say I have been with 3 for about 3 years and have never had a problem, until now. I called on Tuesday 18th and upgraded my nokia 6630 to a SE k800i for free and upgraded my tariff to direct text 1400. The gentleman took my details and my work address and told me that it would arrive on Thursday 21st. So I waited and waited and nothing. So I called the call centre and explained what had happened and after talking to 3 different people she told me that the phone was picked up this morning and will be with me the same day. I didn’t believe this at all but I’d had enough talking to them so said fine. Odvuasly it didn’t come so on Saturday I went to the bullring in Birmingham were they have a 3 office in super drugs. I again explained the situation and he called the Scottish call centre and they told him that parceline had picked the phone up and it was with them, I told him I had the consignment number so he call parceline and they told him the 3 still had the phone. So he called the Scottish call centre again and explained that 3 thought parceline had the phone and parceline thought that 3 had the phone. The woman on the other end of the phone said because this was a unique situation she would email some department and they would contact me on Monday 24th or at the latest Tuesday 25th in the morning. I will proberly wait until 2ish before calling the guy in the bullring as I really don’t see the India call centre helping much but if they don’t call what can I do. Can I cancel my contract and get it from some where else. I kind of remember the guy who I upgrade over the phone with that I could cancel within 7 days, is that from getting the phone and would the fact that I upgraded my tariff at the same time effect this clause.

Any help would be much welcomed

Comments

• chris20chris20 Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you should go to the 3 shop and get your phone. its easy and you get your phone on the spot with no waiting like you need to do if you book on the phone.
  • Mr CableMr Cable Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, if you can cancel the mail order one (and make sure it's cancelled) and go into the shop instead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    well 3 talk out of thier arses i wouldnt belive anything they say in the call centres all they do is lie they say "48 hours" etc and its done gods nos how long later for example is had a mms prob straight away when i bought the phonje so i rang up they said "48 hours" 6 months later and a complaint to watchdog they finally done it it took around 400 calls to get it through thier thick heads they are a joke your better off on the better networks
  • whohasmynameukwhohasmynameuk Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good news it came today and im very inpressed
  • Mr CableMr Cable Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good. Thanks for the update.