Options

Does anyone here still play on "ancient" games consoles?

Comments

• Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyresa wrote: »
    Oh.. someone mentioned Road Rash - I used to loovvee that :)

That was me:D

Off to have a quick game - still got my cheats to get a Diablo:D

Feeling envy any time about now???:D:D:D
  • Options
    CherumanCheruman Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still got my trusty Mega Drive and every now and then, if a friend or two are over we'll have a blast of Streets of Rage II, Micro Machines, Road Rash and of course, Sonic's I and II :)
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still own my Sega Megadrive and Nintendo, I did set them up last year and played a few games, don't do that very often.

My faves are Roadrash 3, megabomberman and sonic/knuckles.
  • Options
    zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might as well add that theres a monthly Retro magazine that looks back at old computers and consoles under the cunningly titled "Retro Gamer" Its nearly knocked up 50 issues and its a very good read with a mix of content from 8 bit to 16bit etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never owned any games consoles but my favourite computer game is PACMAN. I love it and truely think the old games can be the best ones. (my PSP, xBox, wii owning brothers sont agree though:o)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have my PS1 and up until Christmas (when I got a wii) I was playing on it most weekends.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    I havent got any really old games consoles (Well we have two Gameboy Colours in the house, but they're hadly ever used), but I've got a pre-historic mobile phone. It's one of those green Nokia bricks you can play Snake on.
    My Mum has one too, and my Dad said we might as well communicate on tin cans with a bit of string in the middle.
  • Options
    JuceeJucee Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Playstation, I don't actually consider it ancient :o I have a Sega Megadrive, as I love some of the games. I keep trying to get my Sinclair Spectrum of my Mum, now that's ancient
  • Options
    PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have a fully working Sega Master System (first version) & Sega Mega Drive (first version). Still have games for both. The Mega Drive even has a "Master System Convertor" for playing those old Master System games on the Mega Drive console. Have 2 game pads for both, as well as the Gun for the Master System, fun for playing Operation Wolf with.

Also have a Sega Dreamcast, which doesn't get used at the moment due to the fact that I've misplaced the game pads somewhere. Probably lent them out and never got them back. :(

I also still have an old NES in fair condition (the plastic door on the front is missing, but otherwise it functions... or did) unfortunately I don't have any games nor a power adaptor for it, so can't use it.

Whilst they're not consoles, but since people have mentioned them anyway, I also still have fully working: Commodore 64 (the beige one, though I did used to have 2 of the older Brown ones), as well as a Sinclair ZX Spectrum +3. Both still have games with them. I have about 200+ for the Commodore 64.

As for playing all these old systems, nowadays I prefer the emulators for the PC/Mac. Much more convenient. :)
  • Options
    upnunderupnunder Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought an N64 from Ebay just so I could re create my youth and play Goldeneye.
    That and Mario 64 are the best games ever, FACT!
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah...The boys were just playing Earl & Toe-Jam on the Megadrive last night...
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never throw away an old console and still play on them all regularly.

Oldest I have is the Atari 2600 with a mention towards a Sinclair Spectrum.

I don't really see the PS1 as ancient, it's only two generations ago, the Mega Drive / Snes, only three.
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never throw away an old console and still play on them all regularly.

Oldest I have is the Atari 2600 with a mention towards a Sinclair Spectrum.

I don't really see the PS1 as ancient, it's only two generations ago, the Mega Drive / Snes, only three.

Frostbite on the Atari 2600 is my favourite ever game :)

We still have a Nintendo, Snes, and Megadrive - plus a PS1 that I still use to play the older Final Fantasy games.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had a n64 lol

i wish i could still play my ps1 but it broke! lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playstation ancient!?!?

I still have a Commodore 64 and an Atari ST in the loft, which are pretty ancient. I also have an original Playstation, a Gamecube and an N64. I gave/threw my NES, SNES, Gameboy, Megadrive and Mastersystem which I think was a mistake now. Even if they'd have just been in the loft with the others, just having them is nice and they do get dusted off and played on every few years just for old time's sake.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    N64 was my favourite ever console! Mario 64, Goldeneye (gasp), Killer Instinct was a tasty fighting game, too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't call any of these ancient really but me and the OH currently have an Amiga 1200, N64, Saturn (my favourite!), Gamecube and Game Boy Advance in use along with the newer stuff (PS2, PSP and DS Lite).

I've got to the stage now where consoles stay with me until they break, I made the mistake of selling my Saturn a couple of years ago along with all of the games and regretted it pretty much instantly. My OH, bless him, managed to get me a replacement Saturn for my birthday last year (mainly to stop me banging on about how much I missed it I think) but I'm now stuggling to replace all of the games I sold, some of which are pretty expensive now...

....So if anyone has a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga going spare, just let me know! :D;)
  • Options
    pault2006pault2006 Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    In our house, we've got:

An Amiga A500 (minus cables)

Spectrum 128K James Bond pack with the lightgun (in the loft?)

Game Boy Advance with about 6 games

Sega Mega Drive (but not tested)

I also used to have the original Game Boy but sold it to second-hand shop about 15 years ago.
  • Options
    MacattacKMacattacK Posts: 7,652
    Forum Member
    njeo wrote: »
    Although I still have both my N64, the SNES and Super Mario Kart has to be the pinnacle of my ancient consoles/games! So many mint levels that I know like the back of my hand...

Something Vague: Another Conkers Bad Fur Day owner over here! Paid so much money for that when it came out... That singing poo monster is just so funny... what a top game!

Oh and Space Channel 5 on the Dreamcast... anyone? Just me? Oh well... I'll go and hide... :D
    You mention Space Channel 5 which is on a lot here on weekends on our dreamcast but have a look here for a little surprise! :D

Me and my partner are both gamers so when we moved in together it became like the ark for consoles - two of each :)

Plugged in and ready to go here in my living room thanks to a very very big scart switcher and a few other things are: Dreamcast, N64, Saturn, 3DO, Gamecube, Super Nintendo, PS2, PS3, Wii and an XBox360.

Packed up in the cupboard is another one of each of those ones apart from the 3 next-gen ones plus 2 original megadrives (One of them is a genesis though ;)), a master system 1, a NES, a Spectrum +3, 48k and ZX81 as well as an Atari 2600 old style, a 2600 new style and an Atari 7800.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    play on the SNES every now and then, super mario world, mariokart, really old sim city and really old mortal kombat. in my view none of the newer mario games like on the wii can beat the classic SNES mario games.
  • Options
    SubrosaSubrosa Posts: 3,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have a working original PlayStation and Game Boy at home. Not been on either in a year or so though. I don't know where all my PS games went though, the only one I can find is Final Fantasy VIII.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Yup, I still play on sega megadrive but more on N64
  • Options
    TelewestkidTelewestkid Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nintendo 64 and Amiga
    super nintendo
    dreamcast
    Sega
    sos for the spelling
  • Options
    littlemadangellittlemadangel Posts: 4,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a gameboy with the 2 games that came with it, still have the case and it still works. I love it

I thought I had lost it but then I found it up in the roofspace several months ago.
  • Options
    liblobliblob Posts: 21,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still play the mega drive and I have an Amstrad CPC 464 which still works.