Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 2)

Comments

• shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    T-boz? :eek: omg :D This song has to make the album!
    I was just thinking that!!!

OK now I have to go get a package of Depends because I think I'm going to wet myself when we know all about this album. Say what you will about SYCO as a label, but on paper at least its looking like they handed Little Mix champagne and caviar for this debut. And once again, that says to me how much confidence and faith they have in Little Mix as a music group.

Yes agree....I have a feeling this album will be one of the most exciting debuts from an xf act.
  • RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    No idea how true this is but Jade will be happy if it turns out to be true

MarkMeets ‏@MarkMeets

Cliff Richard loves girl group Little Mix, saying "I love their energy and sound." Could a collaboration be on the cards? LOL!
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix singer Leigh-Anne Pinnock celebrates turning 20... but her bandmates are nowhere to be seen

But the rest of Little Mix were nowhere to be seen as Leigh-Anne Pinnock celebrated her upcoming 20th birthday in London on Wednesday night.

The 19-year-old singer took to the town with a large group of pals, hitting Freedom bar and Cirque Du Soir.

The young star, who turns 20 on October 4, looked chic and stylish as she stepped out for her birthday celebrations.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2205937/Little-Mixs-Leigh-Anne-Pinnock-celebrates-20th-birthday-bandmates-seen.html#ixzz2717v9CZn
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I hope when Leigh is out on her birthday she wears a 21 TODAY badge. The suprise the papers would get get lol.
    Speaking to the Gazette earlier this month, Jade, 19, from Laygate, South Shields, said: “We just can’t wait for people to hear the album.

“It’s so versatile – there’s ballads, dance stuff and loads of kinds of music.

“We all like different kinds of music and we’ve mixed it all in there together. http://www.shieldsgazette.com/lifestyle/entertainment/music/smash-hit-is-in-the-dna-for-x-factor-champs-little-mix-1-4941537

Does that mean something with a massive dance beat? Or just a song a catchy song you could dance to?. If its the first option then I am excited to hear Little Mix's take on one of them songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Wings could be put in a dancey type of category. Idk.

I find it funny that Wings was played 3 times in the past 10hours on radio1 and was taken off the playlist!

Speaking of which Wings has now reached #2 in AirPlay. For now!
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim Beanz did tweet back in July
    IN HERE JAMMIN OUT WITH @LITTLEMIXOFFIC ... CLUB BANGGGERRRRRS...!!!

and in a subsequent interview said the label was very receptive to the songs he submitted for the album. That 365 site pretty much confirmed he is on the album.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    A boyband sang Don't Let Go on X Factor USA yesterday...no where near as good as Little Mix, Simon was the only one to say no, I think he mentally compared it to Little Mix's version ^_^
    Forum Member
    Jim Beanz did tweet back in July

and in a subsequent interview said the label was very receptive to the songs he submitted for the album. That 365 site pretty much confirmed he is on the album.

Wish the main writer for DNA would step forward we can work the rest out for ourselves then :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah I remembered posting the CapitalFM interview with Jim Beanz in Part 1 of this thread and he was quoted:
    Jim [Beanz], who worked on several tracks for Cheryl Cole's recent release 'A Million Lights' also teased the direction Little Mix have gone in with their debut, and promised it will be full of dance floor hits.

"They told me they were looking for up-tempo, dancey clubbing records," he explained "I got the girls in the booths, we had a great session and got two great tracks.

"They were going for a very strong, independent, girl power-type album."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »
    Wish the main writer for DNA would step forward we can work the rest out for ourselves then :D

They did.
    Forum Member

Hmm I'm not to sure.
    TMS maybe but Iain James not to sure ???

Good thing is we don't really have to wait long to find out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Logically, I cant think of why a songwriter would care about someone else's video. Unless he was a perv, lol.
    Forum Member
    Logically, I cant think of why a songwriter would care about someone else's video. Unless he was a perv, lol.

I'm not saying he has nothing to do with it at all but i just don't think he plays as bigger part in the single as wings.

How TMS are with DNA Iain was like that with wings

think i'm thinking to much :D
    Forum Member
    Hannah. ‏@Hannah2256

@LittleMixOffic Wings is #9 in the dutch Itunes!

Anyone know if this is true?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Hannah. ‏@Hannah2256

@LittleMixOffic Wings is #9 in the dutch Itunes!

Anyone know if this is true?

If it's the Nederland iTunes then I don't see Wings on it at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    the one direction new song isnt that good
    i thought it would be better
    Forum Member
    ali12354 wrote: »
    the one direction new song isnt that good
    i thought it would be better

Thankyou someone who thinks the same as me

its Catchy and will do well with their fans but What makes you beautiful is soo much better maybe that's why i thought it would be better
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortuantly when your pop and your Fanbase is notably young, your label will have you continue to sell redux until they can't hide it anymore.

I still hope we hear DNA the first week of October, but I'm thinking the second week could be possible to. Make it exactly a month to its release.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Little Mix have a bunch of "we're young so let's party it up" songs on their debut I swear I'll throw that CD thru the window. They're better than that (and frankly that Euro pop sound is wearing to these ears after a few songs).
    when your pop and your Fanbase is notably young, your label will have you continue to sell redux until they can't hide it anymore.

You could say that about LM too! Maybe the girls were being clever strategically on this debut by not having a particular type of song be predominant so they cant be typecast.

Hmm just came upon me. "DNA" is also synonymous with "blueprint".
    Forum Member
    imo, Live While We're Young, the song and the video, are all worse than their previous stuff, but their fanbase are big so it's gonna sell no matter what.
    If Little Mix have a bunch of "we're young so let's party it up" songs on their debut I swear I'll throw that CD thru the window.
    "They were going for a very strong, independent, girl power-type album."
    I don't think we have to be too worried yet :D.
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »

"I can manage to fit one thigh into that" :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ;) I still dunno why ASCAP has her name as tbone lol. Its funny. "the bone" instead of "the boss". Lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm actually waiting for media to pick it up, and yes they do read this forum.
This discussion has been closed.