Sons of Anarchy - Season 5 (UK Pace on 5USA)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    CMK29 wrote: »
    I knew what was coming, I'd read about it, I'd even seen clips on YouTube but man, that was brutal. I cried like a baby. I sometimes watch the episode again on +1 becuase there's some much happening I usually miss something, but I couldn't watch that epiosde ever again.

All i can say is watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmaIx2MBoc8

You will shed another tear!
  • CMK29CMK29 Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Aww, that's so sad :cry: I think the cast are really close, which comes across in screen
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nailz wrote: »
    I agree. I also think she doesn't look as good these days.
    I also noticed she had no bruises or cuts despite getting a few punches in the garage fight.

Really enjoying this season. Jax should have put Tig in to die in the jail. After all it was his fault the mess they had got into.

You're right, I watched the repeat last night and only her cast was bloodied but not even a bloodied lip to be seen.
    Andy_C75 wrote: »
    All i can say is watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmaIx2MBoc8

You will shed another tear!

Aww....R.I.P. Opie's beard. :( Amazing how younger - and different - he looks without it.

Still gutted about Ope. I'll never get over it. :(

Forgot to say it before, but it's great to see Wendy back, however long it's for this time around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tig getting put into the fight wasn't an option though- Pope made that very clear.
    Besides, Opie's death had to happen in order to get Jax to step up his game. I've seen the entire season and without spoiling it- Jax becomes pretty ruthless at times.

I haven't liked Tara this season, find her Gemma 'Mini me' act a bit off putting.

I've never really liked her but this season I can't stand her. I'm starting to like Gemma though, didn't like her before.
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really sure if Clay has a vote anymore?

Yes he does - at the minute...

But if you listened carefully this week...there's a "rider" clause in the club charter ;) - if he doesn't ride within a certain number of weeks, he looses his vote. That's why we see him getting fit, trying to get on his bike in his garage etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That funeral! I don't think i'll ever recover. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenbonjovi wrote: »
    That funeral! I don't think i'll ever recover. :(

That was just the wake - the funeral's yet to happen!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    My wife and I's FAV American program next to Dexter and Walking Dead!!! Just picked up this gem of a shirt for her.

http://www.catacombscds.com/product/Sons_of_Anarchy_-_SAMCRO_Ladies_T-Shirt.html
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watching on 5USA+1

i KNEW jax was gonna get a tonking, and that shot of clay says it all ..... UHUH :D

and the "we'll send you the bill for the bikes" line was funny
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    now THAT'S blackmail!

right out of blackadders book that one :D
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Well that was an unexpected Walton Goggins cameo!
    Forum Member
    Tig killed me in those scenes - he literally did not know what to do with himself. And Juice's 'Really?' :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't look at Boyd Crowder in the same light on Justified straight after last nights ep! Too funny. Love Walton Goggins.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Well that was an unexpected Walton Goggins cameo!

Brilliant cameo, and you could just tell that the reactions of the rest were real. 10/1 that that was the first time they'd seen Goggins in his 'costume'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    Brilliant cameo, and you could just tell that the reactions of the rest were real. 10/1 that that was the first time they'd seen Goggins in his 'costume'.

I think that may be my highlight of the entire season
  • Lorelei LaFleurLorelei LaFleur Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought Venus looked alarmingly like Steve Tyler - dude looks like a lady was never more apt.
    jenzie wrote: »
    watching on 5USA+1

i KNEW jax was gonna get a tonking, and that shot of clay says it all ..... UHUH :D

and the "we'll send you the bill for the bikes" line was funny

I was jealous of Jax getting to slug Galen.
  • Colino GreenColino Green Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    linnylou wrote: »
    I couldn't look at Boyd Crowder in the same light on Justified straight after last nights ep! Too funny. Love Walton Goggins.

Anyone notice how Walton Goggins' 'Venus Van Dam' character sounds a lot like his 'Cletus Van Dam' alias from The Shield? ;)
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Anyone notice how Walton Goggins' 'Venus Van Dam' character sounds a lot like his 'Cletus Van Dam' alias from The Shield? ;)

Yeah, I noticed that too. There are quite a few sly references to The Shield in the show, such as the black gang being the One-Niners.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I noticed that too. There are quite a few sly references to The Shield in the show, such as the black gang being the One-Niners.

I watched some of S4 today, and Kozik gets called 'lemonhead' by one of the guys who challenges him to a game of basketball and then nick his van keys and make off with some guns they saw him loading into the van. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC there's other stuff, such as Marcus Alvarez and the Mayans, that firmly places SOA in the Shield milieu...which was actually Sutter's intention ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And there was mention in S3 of an Armenian rival mechanics/garage called Dezeran or something. It's quite funny picking up on little Shield references :D
  • thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    After watching The Shield box-set this Summer, I now appreciate more than ever, Kurt's references.
  • oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew that Clay was up to no good but I didnt think he was arranging the home invasions with the Nomads

That scene with Jax beating the guards head in was weirdly similar to Pete (Charlie Hunnams character) getting the same treatment in Green Street
    Forum Member
    That must have been the world's best made snow globe - you would have thought it would have shattered with the first blow. Clay being behind the break-ins was obvious from the first episode, I don't know why they wasted time on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew that Clay was up to no good but I didnt think he was arranging the home invasions with the Nomads

You weren't watching closely enough then - when the "home invaders"...who we KNEW were the Nomads from one of them having Peg legs'..well...peg leg!...handed Clay back his documents a couple of eps ago ;)