Greytop On Ice

1363738394042»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,190
    Forum Member
    JESSICA Taylor admits she loves seeing her new toned body on huge billboards clad in skimpy underwear.

The former Liberty X singer, who is the face of Tesco’s new designer lingerie brand Diamond Boutique, said she’s never felt sexier since starring on the skating show.

She also said she was “gutted” to miss out on flaunting her figure in the skimpy outfit she was planning to wear while performing Bolero in Dancing On Ice’s final, which only winner Ray Quinn and runner-up Donal MacIntyre had the chance to do.

Jessica, who unveiled the collection at the store in London’s Hammersmith today, told TV Biz: “I feel confident at moment. My body is in the best shape it has ever been because of the ice skating.

Full Story http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article2338135.ece
    Forum Member
    Published: 25 Mar 2009 - Tomorrow's news today

JESSICA Taylor last night said she would have been stronger competition for Ray Quinn if she made the final two.

The former Liberty X star also told of her pain at falling at the first hurdle in Sunday’s Dancing On Ice.

Jess told TV Biz: “I really wanted to do Bolero. We’d choreographed it ourselves and had been working on it all week.

“It was heartbreaking to be stood in our outfits ready to go.

“No matter how much he was the favourite, I wasn’t about to roll over and say, ‘Ray’s won it’. Our Bolero would have given him a run for his money.”

Jessica, 28, wept when she had to leave the final to Donal MacIntyre and Ray — but was glad the crooner came out on top.

Jess — wife of England cricketer Kevin Pietersen — has become the face of Tesco’s designer lingerie range — which she unveiled yesterday.

She gushed: “My body is in the best shape ever because of the ice skating.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article2338620.ece
    Forum Member
    DANCING On Ice winner Ray Quinn has revealed he will be JEALOUS of whoever replaces him as Maria Fillippov’s skate partner next year.

The 20-year-old star — who is dating blonde actress Emma Stephens — insists that mother-of-one Maria, 34, is his “friend for life”.

They are about to go off on tour together for five weeks. He said: “Yes, I’ll be jealous. I’ll be like: ‘Listen, don’t you be forgetting me, Maria!’

“Maria and I are friends for life. I couldn’t think of a better partner. Working with her is a privilege. We’re always texting each other. We’ve gotten really close and we’ve seen each other every day for ages.”

And even after the tour, Ray — who was given a diamante-encrusted JOCKSTRAP as a good luck gift by the crew yesterday — plans to find time to skate with Maria.

He added: “I’ve got the blades, the costumes and the jockstrap now — I can’t stop.”

Full Story http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article2336794.ece
    Forum Member
    SKATE stars Jessica Taylor and Donal MacIntyre are backing our campaign to get Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean knighthoods.

The Dancing On Ice finalists paid tribute to the 1984 Olympic gold medallists on ITV1’s This Morning yesterday.

Jessica — who burst into tears after learning she hadn’t got through to the final two on Sunday night — said: “I was sobbing so much last night I didn’t get to say it, but it’s just been an honour and a privilege to be taught by Chris and Jayne.”

Donal added: “We are campaigning for their knighthoods.”

Last week Ray Quinn and judge Jason Gardiner said the pair deserved gongs.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article2336878.ece
    Forum Member
    BITCHY judge Jason Gardiner has poured scorn on Dancing On Ice champion Ray Quinn — branding him a “munchkin”.

Ray has just landed the lead role of Danny in West End musical Grease, after previously appearing in the much smaller part of Doody.

But the skate show’s Mr Nasty insisted it was absurd to cast the tiny 20-year-old former X Factor star in such a hunky role.

On hearing the news, Jason ranted: “Oh my God, he’s been cast as Danny? That’s a ridiculous casting, he’s going to look like a munchkin.

“Danny’s supposed to be a hunk. Ray’s so small! A four-foot Danny is just ridiculous. Ray’s wonderful, but that’s absurd.”

However, Jason admitted he was keen to star alongside Ray in Grease — as the camp Teen Angel character who croons Beauty School Dropout.

He said: “If I was in it with him I’d be the Teen Angel character. I can see myself in that smarmy role.”

Jason, 37, did pay tribute to Ray’s Dancing On Ice triumph, saying: “It was the right result ultimately and very well-deserved.

“The thing about Ray and his dance partner Maria is that I believed it. From start to finish.

“Not only do they move so beautifully together but they’re just so in-tune together. We’ll be hard-pressed to find another Ray for next year.”

Despite his nasty reputation, Jason admitted he was genuinely moved by Jessica Taylor breaking down in tears at being the first person to leave the final.

He said: “It was a devastation because she deserved to dance.

“But it was the first real emotional outpouring we got from Jess.

“It was very humbling to see and for the first time I realised how much she wanted it. Her tears were very sincere.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article2336834.ece
    Forum Member
    COLEEN Nolan gives her lungs a battering — just minutes after watching Ray Quinn crowned ice champ.
    But the daytime telly star needn’t pack in the **** as she won’t be appearing on the show’s live tour.

The presenter, spotted leaving the Loose Women studios yesterday, got to the Dancing On Ice semi-final but sprained a rib and is still recovering.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article2336994.ece
    Forum Member
    DONAL MacIntyre has revealed he wore a sequined JOCKSTRAP during his Dancing On Ice final performance.

The undercover reporter, 43, told how contestants are given sparkly underwear with their name on if they make it to the final.

He told ITV1’s This Morning: “As part of tradition, wardrobe give a sequined bra or jockstrap to the finalists to wear. I had always said, if there’s a chance that I get to do the Bolero, then I will wear it.

“And sure enough, I went out there with my sequined jockstrap!”

He said he had a number of good-luck rituals, including wearing odd socks.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article2336911.ece
    Forum Member
    PREGNANT Dancing On Ice host Holly Willoughby has promised she won't name her new tot something crazy, like Peaches or Apple.

Talking about plans for her baby's name, she told Star magazine: "I can guarantee it's not a type of fruit!"

Holly also said she can’t wait to be back presenting the Xtra Factor – and has pledged to take her new tot on the road with her.

The 28-year-old, who is due to give birth to her first child in May, told the magazine: “It’s such a brilliant show. I’d miss it if I wasn’t there.”

She admitted she didn’t know whether all of last year’s judges – Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue – would be back this time around.

And she denied wanting to step into Dermot O’Leary’s shoes to present the main show.

Holly said: “I’ve got Dancing On Ice and I wouldn’t want to do it because it’s Dermot’s. I don’t ever think about doing it.”

And she won’t let being due to give birth shortly before the show’s regional auditions start stop her from going on the road.

She said she’ll be taking her bundle of joy with her, adding: “It won’t quite be strapped to my chest during the interviews but we’ll be there together.”

Holly also revealed that she and hubby Dan Baldwin are planning to add to their brood.

She explained: “We’d love to (have a large family). But I want to be able to look after my children so I don’t want to just have loads. If I had millions and billions of pounds, I’d have about 20.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article2336516.ece
    Forum Member
    DANCING On Ice champ Ray Quinn has revealed that he has not got enough cash to insure his wonder feet.

Experts reckon he is such a whizz on the rink his “twinkletoes” could be worth a cool million.

But he cannot afford to insure them.

Ray, 20, dubbed the best skater the reality show has ever seen – laughed: “Insurance? Are you kidding me?

“My car insurance costs enough, let alone insuring my feet.”

Following his Sunday victory, former X Factor star Ray let his hair down in the bar with show runner-up Donal MacIntyre, 43, and third-placed Jessica Taylor, 28.

He said: “I don’t really drink much normally. But I had three glasses of champagne and was more than gone.”

Ray only has 24 hours to recover from his victory, which was watched by 12million viewers and his actress girl friend Emma Stephens, 23,

Today he will be back rehearsing with partner Maria Filippov, 34, for the Dancing On Ice tour which starts on April 2.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/dancingonice/view/73988/Ray-too-poor-to-insure-feet-/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for posting all these articles over the series, it's been really helpful to keep us all up to date with the latest info and goings on. Now you can have a well earned rest for next year. :D
    Forum Member
    The view from Richmond Hill is the best in the world for me and the only view protected by an Act of Parliament. It's a glorious sight, and although I'm not really one for having my ashes scattered, if I did it would be there.

My love of the area is bound up with my love of the River Thames. It's the reason I came here more than 15 years ago, to Richmond Canoe Club, home of many fine canoeists and champions. I was in training to be in the Irish team for the Olympics.

Sadly, I never made it, but I still take my canoe out on a regular basis.

I also run all over the area and a favourite place is Richmond Park. It's an incredible asset, by turns wild and untamed, but I have absolutely no sense of direction, and unless I run with other people I get hopelessly lost every time.

Nearby Marble Hill Park is also great. Where else can you see Seb Coe running past you on the towpath, spot one of the Rolling Stones out jogging, or even catch Bamber Gascoigne doing his annual naked swim?

Full Story http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-1164193/Why-I-live-Richmond-Thames-Donal-MacIntyre-loves-messing-river.html
    Forum Member
    The final of ITV1's Dancing on Ice attracted 10.8 million viewers and a 43% share, across more than two hours from 6.55pm to 9pm.

The X Factor finalist Ray Quinn's victory in Dancing on Ice attracted a peak of 12 million viewers and a 44% share, between 8.30pm and 8.45pm.

The Dancing on Ice figures were down on the audience for last year's final, won by Suzanne Shaw, which averaged 11.7 million viewers and peaked with 12.6 million.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/mar/23/tv-ratings-chris-moyles-quiz-night
    Forum Member
    DANCING On Ice bosses want to hire gorgeous professional stars like the ones on Strictly Come Dancing — after deciding their current crop are too UGLY.

Execs on the ITV1 show are jealous after watching how blondes Kristina Rihanoff, who danced with John Sergeant, and Hayley Holt spiced up their BBC rivals’ most recent series.

Now they want to ditch some of their more “aesthetically-challenged” pros and hire sexier skaters.

A show source told TV Biz: “Bosses have been aware for some time their professionals are a rare-looking bunch. They might get by with their sequins on but they look rough in training scenes.”

The source said someone like Strictly Lothario Brendan Cole would be ideal.

They added: “Apart from pulling and pushing their partners around, the pros just don’t have a role on Dancing On Ice.

“On Strictly the dancers are almost as famous as the celebs. We need that from our skaters and the cast we’ve got just isn’t cutting it. No new contracts have been given to any of the stars yet.”

Yesterday judge Jason Gardiner told TV Biz no one is safe from the axe — except Olympic gold champs Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean.

He said: “The skaters and judges are all dispensable. If they need to make the changes they’ll make them. Everybody is replaceable — except Torvill and Dean.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article2338836.ece
    Forum Member
    Dancing On Ice star Jessica Taylor will hang up her skates after the show's live tour to revive her music career.

The singer told yesterday how she has formed a new group with Liberty X bandmate Kelly Young.

Jessica said: "It's an electropop group which means it's going to be pretty uptempo stuff, very dancey... the sort of thing you hear in clubs."

She said the group, called Danger Minx, has not been signed yet but believes it is only a matter of time.

A Liberty X reunion is off the cards because Michelle Heaton turned down the chance to join in.

Jessica said: "Michelle's not involved. She's concentrating on her television presenting career in Ireland now."

Jessica came third in Sunday's Dancing On Ice final behind Ray Quinn and Donal MacIntyre.

She is also the new face - and body - of Diamond Boutique, a range of designer lingerie to be sold in Tesco.

Check out the best opinion - with no skating around the issues- on Mirror.co.uk's Dancing On Ice blog.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/03/25/dancing-on-ice-star-jessica-taylor-to-make-music-comeback-115875-21226680/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suzanne joins record breaking xmas show, looks very impressive

Cast: Lowry’s White Christmas
    March 30, 2009
    Salford is guaranteed a White Christmas this year as the spectacular stage musical makes its North West debut at The Lowry. Based on the classic 1954 movie, Irving Berlin’s dazzling piece is full of tap dancing, laughter and some of the greatest songs ever written – a magical theatrical experience for the whole family.

Singer, actor and TV personality Aled Jones takes on the role of Bob Wallace. Suzanne Shaw (pictured, right) will join this talented line-up as Judy Haynes – former member of the pop group Hearsay, west end star (Chicago, Joseph, Rocky Horror Show and Summer Holiday) and winner of ITV’s Dancing on Ice 2008.The international dance star of stage and Royal Ballet principal Adam Cooper (Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake, Billy Elliot The Movie as well as On Your Toes and Guys and Dolls in London’s West End) stars as Phil Davis, the other half of the song and dance duo. Tony Award-winning actor Roy Dotrice (OBE) takes the role of General Waverly, bringing with him a prolific career on stage and screen (in the theatre: Moon For The Misbegotten, The Best of Friends and film The Cutting Edge, Amadeus). Louise Plowright, best known for playing the lead role of Donna in the West End hit Mamma Mia! for four years will take the role of Martha.

With an ensemble of over thirty and a dynamic 17 piece orchestra, this multi-million pound production is brimming with classic Irving Berlin hits like “Blue Skies”, “How Deep is the Ocean”, “Happy Holiday”, “Sisters” and of course the unforgettable title song “White Christmas.” It tells the story of two buddies putting on a show in a magical Vermont inn, and finding their perfect mates in the process.

White Christmas arrives at The Lowry prior to a West End run. The show was first brought to the UK stage in 2006 by the producers of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, appearing at the Plymouth Theatre Royal and The Mayflower Theatre Southampton. In 2007 it broke box office records at the Edinburgh Playhouse and Wales Millennium Centre. It played to sold out houses at the Marquis Theatre on Broadway (outselling Wicked) for the holiday season 2008/09.

White Christmas runs from Friday 27th November, 2009 until Saturday 9th January, 2010.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diary: Suz's a cat among hens!
    Dianne Bourne
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/showbiz/s/1108509_diary_suzs_a_cat_among_hens
    for the picture lol
    April 15, 2009

SUZANNE Shaw donned a cat suit and went from Dancing on Ice to getting the drinks on ice when she held an all-day hen do in Manchester yesterday.

In a mammoth session at the city's Printworks entertainment complex, ex-Hear'Say popstar Suzanne started the revels by taking her pals for a cocktail masterclass at the Hard Rock Café.

The Bury beauty was celebrating ahead of her upcoming nuptials to former Key 103 DJ Jason `JK' King this summer.

Blonde Suzanne decided to have her hen bash back on home turf - as later this week she will entertain audiences when she stars in the live tour of hit TV show Dancing on Ice at the M.E.N. Arena.

And she made a cheeky exception to the usual hen night rules - by allowing one fella along too, her ice skating partner Matt Evers, with whom she won the celebrity show in 2008.

After the party's afternoon of cocktail shaking at Hard Rock, the 15-strong group had a quick rest back at their hotel to recharge their batteries for the night ahead.

Suzanne's revellers then returned to The Printworks to continue a whole evening of entertainment, complete with fancy dress.

The party reserved tables at Chiquito's Mexican restaurant for a huge pile of food platters and jugs of Margaritas awaiting them upon arrival.

And where else could Suzanne finish her big night? Heading to a karaoke machine to belt out some pop classics, of course. The hen group had booked one of the swanky Lucky Voice Pods at Tiger Tiger for their own private karaoke party.

Suzanne followed in the footsteps of hundreds of hen parties before her by having her revels at The Printworks.

The centre is a hot spot for hen and stag bashes - most famously, Warrington's own Atomic Kitten Kerry Katona held her angel and devil-themed hen do there before her lavish Italian wedding blessing with Mark Croft in 2007.

No details yet as to where Suzanne will be tying the knot with JK, one half of broadcasting duo JK and Joel.

But she told The Diary last year that the couple both pine for a full-time return back up north.

She said at the time: "It would be nice, eventually, to get a property together in Manchester. I know Jason misses the radio station up there and he's had lots of offers to come back to Manchester. It will only be a matter of time before we come back I think, although we do come up as often as we can to visit friends and family."
    aw matt was there... sounds like they had some day and night!! lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    As Greytop 'retired' from the threads he was running as I know he came in for some stick during the DOI run and he hinted he would not continue.

DOI thread did not seem to take off like the Strictly thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Bob_tv wrote: »
    As Greytop 'retired' from the threads he was running as I know he came in for some stick during the DOI run and he hinted he would not continue.

DOI thread did not seem to take off like the Strictly thread.

I can't emagine why anyone would want to give him stick for providing, what is essentially, quite a usefull service in the form of this thread.

I hope that he isn't going to abandan this thread.

It's an extremely usefull source of DOI info and saves us haveing to go hunting for info, because it's all put up here.