Options

Top 10 most liked celebrities

Comments

• Options
    muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention Seal who is actually near the top of my list. Seems like a really decent, respectful guy and a good family man.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denzel Washington - always loved him and his films. And he recently visited soldiers who had been injured and wrote a cheque out...no news coverage about it though.

Oprah Winfrey - always liked her. She does a lot for people.

Ellen Degeneres - again always liked her. Respect that she came out as gay on her show and did not try and hide her sexuality (even though it is no ones business)

Hilary Swank - love her films. Think she seems really sweet.

Alan Carr- fun, fun, fun.

..cant think of anymore :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I think we all know that the person who made that comment about Jo Lumley is full of soup as it is. But let me add that she was part of one of my most happy celebrity meetings, as we were present in NY for the taping of Ab Fab: Gay. A bunch of us stood by the hotel Jennifer and Jo were at, and when they came back out, Jo saw I was wearing a Patsy t-shirt...and she instantly grabbed me and posed for pictures :-) If there's not a good heart in that beautiful exterior, how can you explain that? Besides my taste in fashion ;-) ;-)
  • Options
    kim1994kim1994 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    yag wrote: »
    God know. Jumping on the Gurkha bandwagon as a self-promotion tool

Are you sure?- she has supported them for years and I believe her father worked with the Gurkhas in the war
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of nice celebs about:

Simon Cowell
    All of Take That
    Peter Andre
    Robert Carlyle
    Johnny Depp
    Helen Mirren
    Renee Zellweger
    Stephen Fry
    Boy George
    Robert Downey Jr
    Samantha Fox
  • Options
    kim1994kim1994 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Vivadiva wrote: »
    Dolly Parton: Incredibly talented and down to earth. Never heard a bad word against her. Very private.

Meryl Streep: Ditto. Best actor of her generation and not remotely big-headed, even though she could so easily.

Julie Walters: Brilliant actress and lovely in person (I have met her and she was fab).

Stephen Fry: He's brilliant at everything he touches.

Philip Schofield: Always strikes me as very warm and kind.

Dawn French: She makes me laugh a lot and her autobiography is great!

Joan Rivers
    Maureen Lipman
    Linda Evans- loved, loved, loved her on Hell's Kitchen
    Fern Britton

Would agree with most of these Not sure about Fern but would add David Tennent Johnny Depp and Lenny Henry
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandra Bullock
    Jennifer Aniston
    Nicole Kidman

All seem like nice women.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marcia Cross - always seems to come across as a genuinely nice person in interviews, she is extremely intellegent but also seems very laid back and easygoing- really cool woman :) (she is also stunning!).

Lauren Graham- One of the funniest women in showbiz, I haven't watched an interview with her yet where I do not end up in fits of laughter. She has a great sense of humour and comes across as a very warm person.

Beyonce- Talented, driven, really nice girl who knows what she wants and gives everything she does 110%. I really like her.

Nicole Kidman- Appears to be somewhat akward and shy in interviews, but I think she's simply just a very private person. She's so talented and comes across as a lovely, strong woman who likes to give people a chance :) I think there's more to her than meets the eye.

Eva Longoria Parker- Vibrant, fun and sexy! :D Love her.

Sandra Bullock- Whats not to like about her? She's friendly, talented, outgoing and has a wicked sense of humour!

Holly Marie Combs- A nice, normal, level headed woman who comes out with some seriously witty comments :D I really like this woman, she's a rarity in celeb-land.

Jennifer Aniston- I think she seems like a really classy, friendly and open minded person. She comes across so well on chatshows etc and she has a really relaxed, cool quality about her.

Ellen Degeneres- She's so funny! She could make anybody feel comfortable and at ease in her presence, and I think she posesses the ability to turn any award situation into gold :) She's brilliant at her job.

Dannii Minogue- I think she's lovely! She's a bubbly, professional, positive and honest woman with amazing fashion sense :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    1. Philip Glenister- comes across as quite a humble and naturally good-humoured man, as my English teacher said "what every actor should be"...he doesn't go out looking for the limelight, he acts because he enjoys it. Oh, and he's bloomin' gorgeous :D

2. Keeley Hawes- talented, beautiful, like PG comes across as fairly humble and down-to-earth :)

3. Beyonce- talented but seemingly still very warm-hearted and fairly down-to-earth. Love her :)

4. John Simm- lovely :)

5. Lenny Henry- talented (saw him in othello, he was BRILLIANT), warm, funny and has a very friendly "aura" :)

6. Peter Facinelli- I follow him on twitter, I've seen an interview or two and he's another lovely :)

7. Cheryl Cole :o Well I like her :o

8. Dame Kelly Holmes - Another one who seems fairly lovely :)

9. James May

10. Jacqueline Wilson- from being a childhood favourite author, I wasn't disappointed at all when I saw a TV programme about her, loved her :)
  • Options
    MonkeylalalaMonkeylalala Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like

Kylie
    Elton John
    Alan Carr
    Graham Norton (worked on a book signing he did and he was an absolute darling and so lovely to the staff)
    Stephen Fry
    Dolly Parton
    Beyonce
    Prince Harry
    Jennifer Aniston
    George Clooney
    Billy Connelly
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    WOW! You saw Lenny as Othello! I'm so jealous.... I agree with most here, except Alan Carr, whose very voice imbues me with a strange urge to karate-chop the TV screen. I'd like to meet everyone on Top Gear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From personal experience; Graham Norton, Myleene Klass and Suzanne Shaw are all absolutely lovely. Quite a few of my friends have also met Colin Farrell, they worked with him on a movie and said he was lovely.
    To name a few more I met pretty randomly; Duncan James and Daniel Radcliffe seemed pretty nice as well. Drew Barrymore is also very cool, she holidayed where I live a couple of years back and was in a local pub one night lol.
    I like quite alot of celebs people have listed, Stephen Fry, French and Saunders, JLC, Phillip Schofield, Dolly Parton, Jennifer Aniston to name a few. I don't actually hate any celebs and I dont understand how people can without knowing them. I dislike some and some annoy me but i'm mostly either apathetic to them or find them alright. Don't get how some celebs bring out such strong emotions in people, if I don't like them I'm just not bothered...
  • Options
    chocoholic92chocoholic92 Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muppeteer wrote: »
    Rowan Atkinson - hilarious and by all accounts a decent guy.

The showbiz whispers are that he's a tool, and they were absolutely right. A couple of us were waiting backstage at the Drury Theatre when he was playing Fagin there for nearly an hour and when he did come out he said hi and walked off, said he was too tired to even pose for pictures. Jodie Prenger was great though.

I did a show with Gethin Jones and he was really nice, but quiet.

twitter.com?j_u_n_a_i_d
  • Options
    chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    My son met Emma Thompson, omg she couldnt have been nicer. Chatted to him asking him what he was doing in that neck of the woods. Told him to wait whilst she got a nice peice of paper to write on. Asked about him and what he was studying, then went on to talk at legnth about the subject. Then signed her autograph and wrote a little note wishing him well. Charming.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my top 10:

Adam Sandler
    Ben Stiller
    Becki Newton
    Sandra Bullock
    America Ferrera
    George Clooney
    Michael Urie
    Kelly Clarkson
    Ellen Degeneres
    Reese Witherspoon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandra Bullock
    Alan Carr
    Michael McIntyre
    Jennifer Aniston
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Paramore, all of them. :) They don't crave the limelight, not bothered about album sales/chart positions, just do their job and enjoy it.
  • Options
    lil_boolil_boo Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikey Graham (from Boyzone) - I think he's coming across really well on dancing on ice and just seems like a decent likeable guy

Ellen DeGeneres - seems really down to earth, think she will be great on american idol

Dannii Minogue - follow her on twitter and she seems to be one of the few celelbs on there (that I follow) that takes around 10-15 minutes everyday to answer tweets from fans

Tom from MCFly - another one from twitter, just comes across as a loveable geek!

Alan Carr - so funny, you could have a brilliant night out with him!
  • Options
    chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    lil_boo wrote: »
    Mikey Graham (from Boyzone) - I think he's coming across really well on dancing on ice and just seems like a decent likeable guy

Ellen DeGeneres - seems really down to earth, think she will be great on american idol

Dannii Minogue - follow her on twitter and she seems to be one of the few celelbs on there (that I follow) that takes around 10-15 minutes everyday to answer tweets from fans

Tom from MCFly - another one from twitter, just comes across as a loveable geek!
    Alan Carr - so funny, you could have a brilliant night out with him!

Have met him several times, is shy and nice.:)
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Beyoncé
    Johnny Depp
    Johnny Depp
    Johnny Depp
    Johnny Depp
    Johnny Depp
    Johnny Depp
    Johnny Depp
    Johnny Depp
    Johnny Depp

:D
    Seriously though,

Beyoncé
    Johnny Depp
    Sandra Bullock
    Jennifer Aniston
    Will Smith
    Ian Somerhalder
    Kelly Clarkson
    Ellen DeGeneres
    Seal

I can't think of anymore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Tennant
    John Barrowman
    Catherine Tate
    Russell T Davies
    Johnny Depp
    Dame Judi Dench
    Stephen Fry
    Sir Patrick Stewart
    Christopher Eccleston
    Richard Hammond
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fern Britton
    Dawn French
    Jo Brand
    Heather from Eastenders
    Michelle McManus
    Shelly from Corrie
    can't think of any others
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    s0436 wrote: »
    Gary Barlow? He's got a reputation for being big headed and rather arrogant actually.

:D

That'll be because he IS big headed and arrogant.
  • Options
    Skinny TreeSkinny Tree Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny Boyle
    Emma Willis
    James McAvoy
    Jedward
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete Doherty
    Drew McConnell
    Sean Bean
    Viggo Mortensen
    Matt Damon
    Claudia Winkleman (my girl crush! :o)
    Amy Adams (my other girl crush!)
    Russell Brand
    Liam Gallagher
    Richard Ashcroft.

Am also very fond of Gus Van Sant, Keanu Reeves, Russell Crowe and Florence Welch. :)