HD box availability direct from Sky

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
Forum Member
Hi all

I upgrade my package to HD via self installation on 12 May, I was advised that the box would atake a couple of days to arrive as Sky had plenty of stock available prior to launching the latest HD campaign.

I've been checking the progression of my order through mysky and unfortunately it still hasn't even been dispatched. I've rang Sky a couple of times and been given different stories as to why the order hasn't arrived. I've been told that they dont actually have much stock at all and are waiting for delivery of new units, they dont have enough courier availability to deliver the kit and so on.

Anyway I was advised that the box would be with me no later than today on my last call to them on Sunday. I've a feeling it wont be as mysky still doesnt have a despatch date.

Is anyone aware of any problems with availability or delivery of the kit?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No problem here - ordered 250Gb box last Tuesday for self install, delivery promised for tomorrow but arrived today.
  • JBlinkJBlink Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ordered on a Monday with a promise date of the following Saturday. Parcelforce attempted to deliver the next day but I was out. Delivered Wednesday no issues.

A colleague ordered the same last week with a promise date tomorrow. So far it has not arrived early.
  • richestrichest Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stu Morton wrote: »
    Hi all

I upgrade my package to HD via self installation on 12 May, I was advised that the box would atake a couple of days to arrive as Sky had plenty of stock available prior to launching the latest HD campaign.

I've been checking the progression of my order through mysky and unfortunately it still hasn't even been dispatched. I've rang Sky a couple of times and been given different stories as to why the order hasn't arrived. I've been told that they dont actually have much stock at all and are waiting for delivery of new units, they dont have enough courier availability to deliver the kit and so on.

Anyway I was advised that the box would be with me no later than today on my last call to them on Sunday. I've a feeling it wont be as mysky still doesnt have a despatch date.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, i ordered a self install tera' offer on Wednesday of last week and was told delivery would be before May 26th. and had delivery via parcel force today.

I checked on my Sky on-line account, and rang them over the last few days, and they could not give me an exact delivery date.

They also said the on-line account would only show the date order had been placed. No tracking number is shown, and that they use parcel force 3 to 5 working day service from date of despatch. That is provided they have stock.

So, when you ordered, they should have checked stock ? and given you an approximate date.

Not the best service really. If you are not in when it is delivered, a card from parcel force will be left and you ring em to arrange a day to suit you.

Good luck.

It is a great box btw.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Hi all

Thanks in advance.

Do you live in a flat by anychance? Dunno if this applies to you or not but where I live the intercom buzzers dont actually correspond with royal mails PAF system.. E.G I live in flat A according to royal mail but on the intercom its listed as G/L....

I almost missed Parcel Force when they delivered my box, The driver didnt even attempt to ring the buzzer due to the confusion... It was sheer luck I noticed the van out of the window... I had to chase him before he drove off!

If I hadnt of caught him, they would have had to do a return to sender and then follow a stock reversal process... who knows how long that would take to show up as undelivered?

Anyway, sorry for the longwinded post, but just wanted to let people know to be extra vigilant...
  • hedgidjhedgidj Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you live in a flat by anychance? Dunno if this applies to you or not but where I live the intercom buzzers dont actually correspond with royal mails PAF system.. E.G I live in flat A according to royal mail but on the intercom its listed as G/L....

I almost missed Parcel Force when they delivered my box, The driver didnt even attempt to ring the buzzer due to the confusion... It was sheer luck I noticed the van out of the window... I had to chase him before he drove off!

If I hadnt of caught him, they would have had to do a return to sender and then follow a stock reversal process... who knows how long that would take to show up as undelivered?

Anyway, sorry for the longwinded post, but just wanted to let people know to be extra vigilant...

Would they not just drop a card through saying 'collect from the sorting office?'
    Forum Member
    hedgidj wrote: »
    Would they not just drop a card through saying 'collect from the sorting office?'

Not at my property because you need to press the intercom to get access to the flat. The street buzzer has the flats listed as G/L (Ground Floor Left) G/R, 1/L, 1/R and so on...

Royal mail have the building listed as flat A-F... which corresponds with Sky...

I suppose in the eyes of the delivery guy the address on the label didnt exist...

Its quite a common thing where I live... and really annoying!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Hi all

Still nothing, I do live in a very small block of flats but access isn't a problem because the doors are unlocked after 5am - 12am. I think I'll wait until Friday and chase them up then. I've not received an exact delivery date from Sky. They've just said things like in a couple of days or early next week etc when I've queried delivery dates.

Thanks for your help

Stu.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    Not at my property because you need to press the intercom to get access to the flat. The street buzzer has the flats listed as G/L (Ground Floor Left) G/R, 1/L, 1/R and so on...

Royal mail have the building listed as flat A-F... which corresponds with Sky...

I suppose in the eyes of the delivery guy the address on the label didnt exist...

Its quite a common thing where I live... and really annoying!!

Ever thought of giving special delivery instructions when you order anything - like press button xyz or phone 07745 999999 for access:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Hi all

Thanks in advance.

I ordered my 1TB box on the 13th of May and was given a delivery date by the 18th, so when I tried to track my order online it kept saying just the date of order and my address, so I phoned Sky just to confirm the box was on it's way on the 15th, only too be told, according too there system it was still classed as in packing, which was the same up until the so called delivery date on the 18th, so after numerous calls I was eventually told on the 22nd that it had been dispatched the previous day due to a 5 working day delay with dispatch and that it would be with me by the 25th, it arrived early morning via parcelforce on the 24th.:confused::mad:
    Forum Member
    srhill wrote: »
    Ever thought of giving special delivery instructions when you order anything - like press button xyz or phone 07745 999999 for access:confused:

Aye, thanks for that.... very constructive...

OF COURSE I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not my fault if the person placing the order failed to add them....

I almost had a problem with receiving my delivery, if I had of missed it the box would have been returned to sky. I was merely explaining what happened to me to the original poster incase he was in a similar position and hadnt realised that the courier might have attempted delivery... If they cant get to your front door they cant leave a card can they!!!!

As usual, a couple of smart arses come on and post pointless digs...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It can happen on here mate. Not many are like this however. Enjoy the box when you get set though, it is supberb kit.
  • Rick_JRick_J Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky have by far the crappiest parcel tracking facility. I ordered something off Amazon and I was given the name of the courier and a delivery code allowing me to track exactly where it was and what date it would be delivered. Order a sky HD box and for all the pomp and fanfare they make about MySky and their online service, the best they can offer is a pathetic few lines saying what date I made the order! As such I am not sure if my HD box was due yesterday, today or tomorrow...

Good luck with getting your box
    Forum Member
    Well the box arrived today. I'm a bit disappointed that it's a refurb but it was a free box so I'm not going to grumble.

However. I can't seem to view sky 1hd without having a thick black border around the picture. All the other HD channels are fine. Sky reckon it's a tv issue but didn't know as to why it only affects sky 1.
  • fackingspidersfackingspiders Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    Well the box arrived today. I'm a bit disappointed that it's a refurbbut it was a free box so I'm not going to grumble.

However. I can't seem to view sky 1hd without having a thick black border around the picture. All the other HD channels are fine. Sky reckon it's a tv issue but didn't know as to why it only affects sky 1.

Ooohhhhh not many on here will like the refurb bit.

If you are new to HD, then I'd get on the phone to Sky as you should be entitled to a new box. Hell if you push it, you might even be able to get some HD subs free as way of a goodwill gesture.

Did they, at any point, say it would be an "A Grade Box" as that is waht I belive they call their refurbs. When you have an engineer install they send you a letter stating what kit will be fitted and such like - did they send you one of these as it should say on there?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    Aye, thanks for that.... very constructive...

OF COURSE I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not my fault if the person placing the order failed to add them....

I almost had a problem with receiving my delivery, if I had of missed it the box would have been returned to sky. I was merely explaining what happened to me to the original poster incase he was in a similar position and hadnt realised that the courier might have attempted delivery... If they cant get to your front door they cant leave a card can they!!!!

As usual, a couple of smart arses come on and post pointless digs...

Well thanks for that you arse! I was only trying to help.

You didn't say you had given special delivery instructions so how would I possibly know - I am not a mind-reader!
    Forum Member
    Ooohhhhh not many on here will like the refurb bit.

If you are new to HD, then I'd get on the phone to Sky as you should be entitled to a new box. Hell if you push it, you might even be able to get some HD subs free as way of a goodwill gesture.

Did they, at any point, say it would be an "A Grade Box" as that is waht I belive they call their refurbs. When you have an engineer install they send you a letter stating what kit will be fitted and such like - did they send you one of these as it should say on there?
    I think it's a refurb. It came in a grey monotone box and says it has 250gb personal storage. It was a self install so no engineer visit and the letter received just says HD box, no mention of the type. Can anyone confirm if the date HD becomes billable is the date you place your order or the date you pair the card with the date.

Thanks in advance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My tera box looked very new, however the box it came in was white with blue lettering detailing Sky etc. Is that the normal packaging...just looked a little tacky for a premium product.
  • hedgidjhedgidj Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a refurb. It came in a grey monotone box and says it has 250gb personal storage. It was a self install so no engineer visit and the letter received just says HD box, no mention of the type. Can anyone confirm if the date HD becomes billable is the date you place your order or the date you pair the card with the date.

Thanks in advance.

It is surprising if there are refurb 250+250Gb boxes!! They are so new. That doesn't bode well for reliability, does it. Be interesting to know for certain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    richest wrote: »
    My tera box looked very new, however the box it came in was white with blue lettering detailing Sky etc. Is that the normal packaging...just looked a little tacky for a premium product.

Yes its new, that is the correct packaging for the 1TB.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers
  • lesnar01lesnar01 Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks in advance.

thats the correct box cos most refurbs come in brown or plain white boxes your box is brand new dont panic :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, got to keep an eye on these dudes :D